One of my obsessions is finding Repetto ballet flats on sale. Repettos are beautifully crafted, handmade, quality, French, and chic. They are as delicate as the NYC streets are rough. Stop by a cobbler and get a protective sole affixed. It’s worth the money! I don’t recommend them if you like to run your shoes into the ground.
My favorite is the classic BB style (named after Brigitte Bardot) which has the perfect ballet flat shape. Be warned that they run about a full size small. US 8 M = EU 39.
The end of the season sales have started. Listed in order of best to meh, find Repettos on sale at:
Opening Ceremony (a sale just started today, very good selection/sizes):
*January update* I had to speak to customer service and they mentioned that their website inventory isn’t accurate. FYI!
– BB in dark gray (cendre) or espresso leather ($133)
– BB in dark gray, espresso, or navy patent (minuit) ($133)
– BB in dark gray, navy, violet, olive, pink, or yellow suede (~$133)
– BB in gold or silver metallic leather ($130)
– Flora cap toe in metallic silver ($138). If there was an easy way to dye the metallic portion…
– Jackie in Dijon ($143)
– There is also a hand full of limited edition collabs that are still too $$$ and boots.
Calypso St. Barth *see below for update*
– BB in Cuba, a gorgeous tan brown ($229) (Google to see if there is an additional 40-50% off code!)
Saks Fifth Avenue (prices updated on 12/25, may increase)
– BB in nude patent, sadly limited sizes (
– BB in navy metallic suede flats (
– BB in purple patent (
– Comme des Garcons for Repetto flats, still too $$$ for me (
– They also have girls and non-flat styles (including Kiss, Gitane, Marlon) on sale.
Bergdorf Goodman (very limited sizes, prices updated on 12/25, may increase):
– BB in army green or yellow patent (
– Paisley-print flats (
– Citron Janet ballerina loafers ($96). If only they had my size in black!
– Unique BB style with grosgrain collar across the toe ($118)
– Tons of boots (Mec, Marlon, Music, Monsieur, Mood, Melody, Milford) and a heel (Giselle) in limited sizes. Sidenote: I saw the Giselles on sale at a local consignment store once for $25! Sadly, they were size 6’s.
– BB in bubble pink ($155)
More sites, where the sales/styles/sizes aren’t as plentiful:
– BirdLA (they are having a closing sale)
– Creatures of Comfort
– La Garconne
– Bows + Arrows
– Asos (sometimes they have coupon codes)
Let me know if I’m missing anything. This list is always evolving.
*Update on Dec 23*
Gilt final sale has the Rodarte x Repetto ballet flats and oxfords ($99, retails for $425-455, not the $465-495 that is listed on Gilt. They often overstate retail!) and the Giselle pumps ($99).
*Update on Dec 25*
Saks and BG lowered their prices.
*Update on Dec 29*
Saks prices have gone up a little bit since their after-Christmas sale is over.
Zoe started their sale. There are styles that are cheaper at OpeningCeremony, but they also have styles I haven’t seen on sale anywhere else online with a good selection of sizes:
– Zizi jazz shoes in black patent ($199)
– Madam heels ($220)
– metallic lave (black?) BB leather flats ($182)
*Update on Dec 30*
The Calypso outlet on Broome St in NYC is doing 50% off all sale items and has a good selection of sizes left of the BB in Cuba ($115 post discount). They do phone orders. Their other store down the street has one pair of BB’s in black on sale ($100 post discount). I think they are 37’s.
*Update on Jan 2*
Creatures of Comfort kicked off their sale. Lots of Michael loafers, Zizi’s, boots, the Merveille flat (imho, underwhelming), and dark brown or patent red BB’s at 50% off. If you do not see your size online, call their NYC or LA boutique!
Also worth mentioning – Opening Ceremony online customer service is one of the worst/toughest I’ve encountered in my 10+ years of shopping online. Their NYC boutique doesn’t get much better press. Buyer beware.