Update: Who knew Chrissy Teigen would one day be famous? She was the model for this collab!
To celebrate the fifth anniversary of their GO International program, Target re-released a collection of dresses from 17 past GO International designers on Sunday, March 13. The GO International collections are collaborations with some of the industry’s hottest designers and are at affordable price points. I like the collections more often than not. I’m not sure how they determined which dresses to include because the pieces chosen were not necessarily the bestsellers of each collection (ahem, Tucker), but they have included many great items. It also looks like some designers chose not to participate (Patrick Robinson).
Here are my favorites (coincidentally, in my favorite color palette of black):
From left to right:
- Thakoon for Target® Printed Tie-Waist Dress in Black/White – This is one of my all-time favorites and sells out online within a day of release. It fits true to size and has pockets. You can add a colored belt for an accent, button less buttons and let a bottom layer peek through, etc.
- Richard Chai for Target® Sweetheart Dress in Black – I love the fit on this one and ended up buying it back in the day on major clearance. It’s a great LBD and has pockets. Between the black and the blue/white print (look #7), I still prefer the blue/white print, but you can never have too many LBDs. This also fits true to size to big.
- Jovovich-Hawk for Target® Chiffon Dot Print Dress in Black/Tan – I love polka dots and stripes (not together) and the color palette. I like buying things that can be dressed up for work or worn casually. I would dress it up with a blazer and a belt. I’ve never seen it in person so am unsure about sizing.
- Libertine® for Target® Crepe Dress in Black – I was busy gallivanting/working around Europe when this collection launched in July 2007. I’m curious what it looks like in person because reviews are mixed. Sizing may also veer on the smaller side. It is unfortunate that most of these items are polyester, if they are not cotton, but that’s how they keep the costs down and polyester is way easier to maintain than silk! It also has pockets and looks like a good Spring/Fall piece (not for sweaty weather).
- Behnaz Sarafpour for Target® Silk Georgette Lace Dress in Ivory – I like the look of this dress because I love lace. I couldn’t justify buying it though because I own enough lace dresses and I’m not sure if the cut works with my body type. Reviews say that it runs small. If I were to own it, I would remove the flower and define the waist with a red belt. Add a blazer for work. This one is selling out fast.
- Rodarte for Target® Lace-Print Dress in Black/Tan – I don’t like how it looks on the model. For a better idea, refer to the old lookbook (look 19). I got a bunch of the lace cardigans from this collection and have worn the dress with a cardigan and/or a belt. It runs true to size to a little bit small (high armpit holes).
I can’t remember the last time Target didn’t have free shipping on clothing purchases over $x… I dislike paying for shipping. You have 90 days to return an item. Also, if you shop online and live in an apartment building without a doorman, Target may ship via UPS Basic (one delivery attempt).