Every once in a while, Nordstrom has a buy two, get one free sale on mascara. This is a great deal for those who need to stock up on non-drugstore mascara, especially if your HG* is one of the freebies. You can buy mascara from any brand, but the freebies are limited to the ones below. Bacteria grows on makeup; the recommended mascara shelf life is 3 months.
Image source: Nordstrom.com
• Dior Diorshow Mascara, $24.50 value
• Clinique High Impact Mascara, $14.50 value
• YSL Volume Effet Faux Cils Mascara, $30 value
• MAC ‘Opulash’ Mascara, $14 value
• Bobbi Brown Everything Mascara, $24 value
• Lancôme Définicils High Definition Mascara, $25 value
• Estée Lauder Sumptuous Extreme Mascara, $23.50 value
• Chanel Inimitable Mascara, $30 value
The fine print: Excludes primers and lash enhancers. Online and in store on May 28 only, ending at midnight Pacific. One per person, while supply lasts. Promotion code required at Checkout to qualify for gift plus $5 shipping.
As briefly mentioned in my other post, I stocked up on my HG in Taipei. Aside from Fiberwig, the Diorshow Iconic is a favorite when layered together. I get a lot of “are those fake eyelashes” comments. The MAC Opulash also looks interesting (I’m a huge fan of fiber-based mascaras) and has pretty good reviews on Makeupalley. Like Sephora, Nordstrom also has a great return policy.
Buy through Ebates and get 5% back. Nordstrom is also having their half-yearly sale for women’s and kids. Online shipping stinks unless you buy $200+. Best deal would be in-store.
*HG = Holy Grail, in online fashion/beauty forum speak.