I’ve been too busy entertaining/hanging out with friends/eating/playing with my new lenses/traveling/working/sleeping to update this blog. But, I would like to let my loyal readers know that sales on Repettos have started.
Markdowns are nowhere as generous as past seasons’ first markdown and sizes are starting to dwindle. And I don’t understand how anyone would pay so much for fake leather Repettos (vegetal). I guess the economy has picked up! I won’t go in too much detail, but you can find sales at the following sites:
- Calypso St Barth has the puce lizard BB. They just kicked off a 50% off sale items (code: samplesale) promotion, so these are $115 + shipping. Call the outlet stores if the website is sold out. Personally, I don’t love the quality on the “lizard”, but they do look sturdier.
- Opening Ceremony (they have BB patent peau)
- Creatures of Comfort (call the store if your size is out!)
- Ssense (they have one pair of black patent BBs left)
- Kirna Zabete (they have BB patent peau)
- Saks Fifth Avenue (inventory changes often, they even have a pair of the Repetto For Comme des Garcons black/white flats right now). Get 10% off when you sign up for their mailing list. Use eBates.
- Bergdorf Goodman (sale inventory has been stale since winter, probably a lot of returns)
- LostandFoundshop (site is very hard to navigate, also their inventory is often store stock = store handles/worn)
- Very limited styles and sizes – Yoox, LaGarconne, Otte
- MadisonLosAngeles has two styles not on sale. Get 30% off with code lucky30 for the month of June.
- Canadian gravitypope has great styles, but limited sizing.
- If you are looking for the “nude” color, the only websites that have it in stock are gravitypope (limited sizing) and asos (hiked up price).
I finally got a pair of the patent nude pink “peau” BB’s to replace some other dying flats. For those who worry about durability, Repettos are high-maintenance in that I have to check the weather before I wear them out and you have to get a rubber sole added at the cobbler. I also prefer their patent or pebbled leather styles. Calfskin is too delicate and suede is suede. As for sizing, I’ve found that I can size up 1.5 sizes in the patent styles. I am an US 8 and wear 39 or 39.5 in Repetto.
Calypso St Barth has the puce lizard BB. Wait for an additional 30/40% off sale (sign up for their mailing list); call outlet stores if the website is sold out. Personally, I don’t like the quality on the “lizard”.