Every spring, Allure magazine comes out with a Beauty Box. It is usually a box chock full of low and high-end beauty-related, full-sized(!) products for a very reasonable price. The prices have gone up over the years and the box has expanded. It’s only a great deal if you actually have a need for the products. The Allure website always posts the product line-up so you can do your own analysis before it goes on sale.
According to chat logs, it’s been 3 years since I’ve bought one. This year’s looked exceptionally good – $39.99 + $14.31 (shipping and tax) for $350 worth of products – and this was determined just by glancing at the high ticket items. One can never have too much eye cream or anti-aging products! The BB is also a great way to get introduced to a brand/product. So far, I am a fan of the Oscar Blandi Volumizing Dry Shampoo Spray. I also loved the Colorescience Mineral Powder SPF Brush and Olay SPF facial moisturizer from years back.
If you’re reading this now, it’s too late to order. It sells out within hours! For this reason, I have an alert set up to notify me when the deal rolls around every year. I blasted a quick email to a few girlfriends and am glad that most of them got in on the deal and are pleased with their purchase. I am not responsible for making sure you use the products :).
Image from Allure.com
A quick shot of my own box. There were approximately 23 items:
1) Aveeno Positively Nourishing Body Wash $6
2) Aveeno Smart Essentials Pore Purifying Facial Wash $7
3) Benefit the POREfessional PRO Balm Pore Minimizer $28
4) Biore Blemish Fighting Ice Cleanser $8
5) Buxom Big & Healthy Lip Polish in Debbie $18
6) Clean & Clear Advantage Popped Pimple Relief drying paste $11
7) Clean & Clear Morning Burst Boost body wash $6
8) Clean & Clear Morning Burst Surge power cleanser $11
9) Colorescience Pro Pressed Eyeshadow Palette $35
10) Garnier Fructis Pre Clean Styling Gel $5
11) John Frieda Frizz-Ease 3-Day Straight Semi-Permanent Styling Spray $10
12) John Frieda Full Repair Touch-Up Flyaway Tamer $9
13) John Frieda Sheer Blonde Go Blonder Controlled Lightening Spray $10
14) Joico K-PAK Color Therapy Restorative Styling Oil $13
15) Joico K-PAK Moisture Intense Hydrator Treatment $10
16) Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair Night Moisturizer $20
17) Nyx Soft Matte Lip Cream $6
18) Orly Coquette Cutie $5
19) Oscar Blandi Pronto Invisible VOLUMIZING DRY SHAMPOO SPRAY $23
20) RoC BRILLIANCE Anti-Aging Face Primer $28
21) RoC RETINOL CORREXION Deep Wrinkle Night Cream $20
22) Spornette Little Wonder Brush $4
23) Suki Eye Lift Cellular Renewal Cream $55
Don’t use something? Give it away. I am still looking for a candidate for the blonde spray. Let me know if you want it. I think my blonde girlfriends here have color jobs that are far too costly to dabble with lightening spray.