Stress and bangs have wreaked havoc on my skin this summer. I’ve never broken out so much in my life. I rotate a bunch of products through my skincare routine, but here are some mainstay products that have helped me stay afloat, from left to right:
- Somme Institute Transport Pads. This is my favorite glycolic acid product, hands down. I use it on my face and neck area. It gently exfoliates, brings up impurities, and hydrates with nutrients. 50 pads usually cost $58. Nordstrom currently has a value size (left over from the anniversary sale) that gives you 100 pads for $58. On top of that, Beauty.com recently gave these away with a purchase of $40 through targeted email marketing. Lesson: Not all emails are bad.
- FANCL Mild Cleansing Oil. Mascara and certain sunscreen ingredients can be impossible to remove. The last thing I want to do is to tug at the delicate eye area with massive amounts of oil-based makeup remover. This oil can be a little messy, but it gets it all out gently. Sometimes I supplement with another cleanser, but oftentimes this is enough. This oil doesn’t break you out and gives you some well needed moisture during the summer months. Downside: it expires and is hard to access outside of Asia.
- Renee Rouleau Anti-cyst Treatment. I’m prone to cystic bumps on my chin. They’re almost impossible to treat because other products can’t penetrate deep enough. Enter this miracle product. It isn’t cheap, but it works. Renee Rouleau products are only available through her website or spa. I hate paying for shipping, so I scooped this up during her recent 15% off anniversary sale.
- Clarisonic Deep Pore Cleansing Heads. It took me a while to regularly use the Clarisonic brush. These are the newest heads in the Clarisonic skincare brush line. This is what I bought to get free Somme Institute Transport Pads from Beauty.com. Like electronic toothbrushes, it is recommended to replace the head every 3 months. I was using the sensitive head and was ecstatic when they came out with this head. It cleanses more effectively for my combination skin.
- Cerave Foaming Facial Cleanser. This is favorite gentle cleanser and the most effective cleanser I’ve ever used. The Clarisonic body brush + Cerave gets pesky stamps off my hand in a jiffy. It is priced at the higher end of drugstore skincare and is more $ than Cetaphil, but like Cetaphil, it lasts forever. I often use this with my Clarisonic brush or whenever I want to get my face back to baseline.
- Alba Hawaiian Facial Papaya Enzyme Mask. I keep this in the fridge and it is an awesome post-sweaty day facial mask. It doesn’t smell like papaya and comes in a clear gel-like consistency. And it’s organic! One little tub will last you a while.
Not pictured are my 3 other facial cleansers. You think I’m kidding, but I’m not. I rotate *5* facial cleansers :)
If you need to stock up on skincare…
- Ulta is having a 20% off sale (on most items) with code 61252 (expires this Saturday). They carry the mud mask I mentioned. I always stop by here when I visit my parents and rarely leave emptyhanded.
- Olay is having another $20 off $50 rebate for skincare purchases through
September 2 (today!)September 16, per their Facebook page. I usually buy from Amazon because they have super low prices on their Pro X line. Can’t wait to try the new sulfur mask. I’m also a big fan of their sunscreen.
- Neutrogena is also having a $10 off $30 rebate for facial products through September 28. I’ve been using their deep clean gel cleanser for years.