In my neverending quest to find the best nude shoes, some recent reviews:
1) Gap Tie-back Ballet Flats ($49.95) – Not returned. I’m a fan of most Gap flats – they are super low maintenance with a rubber bottom and a leather upper. They are not the best quality, however, they last a while. The leather of these are softer and more distressed than normal. The toe box also needs a lot of stretching. They run TTS. The color is perfect. Refer to picture #1, left side. As with most Gap items, paying retail is insane, but this has sold so well without going on sale!
2) Talbots Jenni Scrunchy Leather Ballet Flats ($29.39) – Returned, but am exploring the black option. If the link goes to nowhere, try searching on the site. Talbots shoes are extremely underrated. They are often made in Italy and of quality leather. Especially lucrative when on sale. Talbots is having additional 40% off sale items right now and most items are not final sale. Their flats run 1/2 size big, so size down. These are scrunchy but don’t have the annoying, blister inducing elastic band that I find on Tory Burch. The color “mauve” is actually more like a light lavender… not nude at all. Refer to picture #1, right side.
3) Talbots Ama Patent Leather Almond Toe Pump ($139) Another pair of Talbots on the left below. The “pink salt” color was way too powdery pink and nowhere near a nude pink. Another nude fail. Unlike Talbots flats, their pumps run TTS on me. Confusing, I know.
4) Corso Como Delicious Pump in Nude ($129) – Returned. Also found at Nordstrom under style name Del and color “Beige Patent” in various widths. Fast Food & Fast Fashion has very extensive coverage on the Delicious pump. These ran TTS to a teensy bit long on me. I returned them because they still weren’t comfortable enough for me and I did not feel like experimenting with insoles, but they were very comfortable for what they are.
5) Coach Salma Nude Patent Pump (I think $99?) – Need to get rid of. I got these a while back after spying them on my friend and they thrived… underneath my desk at work. The width doesn’t work for me. I’ll be getting rid of these soon. The color is much closer to beige than nude. The heel is daintier.