Current weekday bag rotation: Clare Vivier simple tote in black and the Longchamp Planetes Large Tote in black.
Prior weekday bag: Clare Vivier La Tropezienne in brown, long handled (the stock photo doesn’t capture the beauty of the caramel hues).
I tend to haul things back and forth from work, so if my purse isn’t big enough, a Baggu is called in. I save the high-end designer — I don’t like its presence in the workplace unless it is a low radar design — or vintage Coach for the weekend.
I love quality leather, much more than the label. I also don’t like hardware, bags that are heavy enough when empty, or gaudy logos. The Thanksgiving sales make these slightly more tempting than usual. Here are the ones I have my eyes on.
- I love small brands. This is from Warsaw, Rib and Hull’s Heirloom tote in black. It also comes in cognac brown and oxblood dark brown. The quality looks superb for the price. 25% off through November 26 with code BLKFRDY.
- Samuji is another small brand from Helsinki, and the leather of the unlined tote looks similar to Prada’s saffiano. 20% through November 26 with code CYBERW.
- I already have 3 of Clare Vivier La Tropezienne bags — two in brown (different handles) and one in black. I love the crispness of the white as well and am biding my time. 15% off through 12/17 with GIFT15.
- On the weekends, I like to carry minimal items while I run errands. The Steven Alan Lilly bag looks perfect for that. And it’s in oxblood! 15% off through 12/17 with GIFT15.
- There’s something charming about the Clare Vivier leather duffel in red. It’d look even better monogrammed in gold (see Clare’s blog). In the back of my head, I much prefer the Sofia Coppola for LV, but that is at a much higher price. 15% off through 12/17 with GIFT15.
This last batch is for YSL. Much more aspirational.
- I like the design of the ChYc logo on the smaller bags: Black Y Satchel.
- I particularly love the leather of the Red Y Satchel. It is similar to the Prada saffiano and looks very durable. I’m not sure why more ChYc products didn’t have this leather?
- This classic duffle 6 bag is from Hedi Slimane’s new handbag collection. It was first sighted on Gwyneth.
But, I don’t really need any more bags, do I?