The holidays is a tempting time to shop as one is inundated by sales and trying to cross off names on the shopping list, but constantly finding things to buy for oneself. I prefer to gift when I’m in the mood and have something perfect to give, rather than gifting for the sake of gifting. That’s just the way I was brought up with a non-traditional family in the sense of not abiding with American giftgiving customs. And that’s how my mom happened to get a bread machine for Christmas. (If you’re not a big Gilt shopper, make sure to check your e-mail for random additional 50% off codes.)
But, for the folks who must have to cross names off a list, here is a start for the females in your life. The J.Crew corporation is on a discount rampage and has 40% off select items at Madewell for tonight only. I’m trying to be good because I have a big trip coming up in a few weeks =D.
Images from Madewell.
(Left to right, top to bottom)
- o-check for top hat large pattern notebook. I love pretty notebooks, but will remind myself that I haven’t used the ones I bought at Merci yet this summer (because they are too pretty).
- lace primrose top. It comes in black, but isn’t orange so much more fun? Madewell usually does lace pretty well.
- printmaker top in Petal Screen. This is such a pretty print in silk for print-lovers.
- bateau button sweater in stripe. I tried this on in caramel — the sleeve length is not for petites.
- lady grey symtra choker. This choker sure is pretty and pricey!
- Metallic Dot Tights. Subtley done polka dots.
- sidewalk skimmer in nude (dusty clay) patent leather. I like the look, but they don’t go with my feet.
- k studio™ iPad Case. I like artsy, non-80s reminding polka dots.