I went to Maui and Oahu (with a long layover in LA) over a month ago. Here is a quick collage of some of my instagram snaps from Maui. I stayed in upcountry most nights (love) and spent a night on the resort-y coast (did not love). We had a full agenda and fully enjoyed the beautiful sights that Maui had to offer.
(1) Ho’okipa State Beach Park, North Shore (2) North Shore sunset (3) Hana Highway (4) Haiku Cannery B&B
(1) Banana bread at the B&B (2) Fried spam musubi at Da Kitchen (we regretted it) ( (3) The BEST Hawaiian shaved ice – Ululani’s – ice cap with passion fruit and mango with a macadamia nut and coconut (haupia) ice cream base (4) Hearty breakfast at Colleen’s Cannery
(1) At the very beginning of the Hana Highway drive (2) Layered up to watch the sunset – the temperature drops drastically (3) Waianapanapa blacksand beach (4) Sunset on Haleakala. We weren’t too enthralled with the idea of waking up for the sunrise.
(1) Waimoku Falls hiking trail (2) My Hawaiian shadow (3) Wailua Falls (4) Protea at the Keanae Arboreteum
(1) Ali’i Kula Lavender farm (2) Monkeypod Kitchen local Maui ribeye with spicy guava sauce (3) Honokowai Okazuya ono sauteed with lemon capers sundries tomatoes. So good! (4) Lahaina beach view while waiting for Gazebo Restaurant takeout