(Image source: Rifle Paper Co.)
- Dominique Ansel revealed his Cronut recipe in advance of his cookbook launch at the end of the month. Not that I have any desire to attempt it. It’s very labor intensive and I wasn’t enthralled with the Cronut I tried. P.S. His instagram has lots of food porn.
- Today is the last day to shop Uniqlo‘s big anniversary sale! There are tons of fresh new Heattech, Ultra Light Down, and don’t forget Ines de la Fressange (which isn’t on sale).
- Last fall there was a tan plaid blanket/shawl/scarf spotted on many bloggers including one of my favorites, Atlantic-Pacific. This year, you can find the similar look at Target (but it’s really a scarf and not oversized), Amazon via China (based on reviews, something fell off the truck at the same factory as Zara), and Nastygal. P.S. This polka dot infinity scarf from Target looks very cute online.
- Anthropologie marks down every Monday. Here’s this adorable giraffe wall hook (which has been styled by Emily Henderson), polka dot cotton towels by Japanese Morihata, rabbit vase (third time is the charm – the ones I saw in the store had hairline fractures!) and sugar bowl and spoon by Ruan Hoffman — gotta love the blue and gold.
- Recent Ikea loves? This SKURAR lace lantern and the PROMENAD blue dinnerware collection. Pleasantly surprised for the value!
- I was stalking this faux fur stool from Target’s Nate Berkus collection, acquired it in Illinois, and it looks like they’ve totally restocked in my area. *Shaking my fist*
- If you’re looking for an acrylic tray, this plastic tray from Target Room Essentials is not bad.
- Peach and Lily came out with a limited edition beauty box of Korean products. It’s sold out now, but keep an eye out for the next box! I’m waiting for mine.
- Since I last made a brain dump, I’ve watched The White Queen, Outlander, part of Mind of a Chef. I’m glad the Fall TV season has resumed! Scandal, Homeland, The Good Wife, etc.!
- Puffin’s “In Bloom” collection of classics collaborates with my favorite, Rifle Paper Co. I love Anne of Green Gables! Also in the collection is Little Women, The Little Princess, and Heidi. I’ve never read the last two but am well acquainted with the Shirley Temple movies.