Image source: Target
- I LOVE cauliflower and the cauliflower cake from Ottolenghi’s new cookbook, Plenty More, looks amazing. See the recipe here (via Serious Eats) and let me know if you attempt to make it!
- I need to try this cookie.
- This slow cooker osso buco recipe looks delicious.
- Doughnuts are a favorite. Here’s a list of a dozen donut shops to try in NYC. (If you’re a Dough fan, they are open in Flatiron!)
- Are you a Madewell fan? Here’s a little history on the brand.
- Oops – I misspoke in the last brain dump. Uniqlo’s big anniversary sale is still going on and there’s an additional $5 off $100 coupon. I went to the Paramus, NJ location last night to make a massive Urban Sweats return and checked out the +J collection while I was at it. I ended up loving the wool wrap coat and need a sale. By the way, the Paramus store may be my favorite area Uniqlo since they are not as crowded as the city ones and have its own entrance.
- Amex users, I hope you are taking advantage of Amex offers. It’s a little frustrating since offers come from different channels and aren’t always communicated and are sometimes targeted. I check my Amex offers tab online or through the Amex app every few days, I skim Slickdeals updates (through RSS), and my bff keeps me informed.
- NYCers, read on. You can get a $10 statement credit for each $50 spent at participating NYC retailers, up to three times! In the past, gift cards have qualified, but I will be poring over the terms before I take the plunge. Phone orders and online orders do not count. The retailers include B&H, Uniqlo!, and H&M. See the full list here. To get the offer, follow the Twitter syncing process, tweet #Amexshopny, and wait for a confirmation, or you can register directly here.
- How to make leather shoes last.
- Orla Kiely x Target‘s latest collaboration is yoga and gym gear (details). It’s launching next Sunday, October 26.
- Renee Rouleau’s Vitamin C&E treatment is back in stock and 15% off with code C2014 until next Sunday, Oct 26. It’s a light serum and I love it enough to rebuy it. Not convinced you need a topical antioxidant? Read this.
- I unboxed my Peach and Lily limited edition Seoulcialite box on Saturday and loved it. I read fan-b’s blog (link) beforehand, so no surprises. I think it was an excellent deal — some Mizon, Cremorlab, and nothing junky that I won’t use (well, maybe the earrings because they are too blingy for me). So far I’ve used the Banila Co. Clean It Zero cleansing balm.
- Amore Pacific, which owns many Korean skincare and beauty brands, has a new shop in Flushing, NY. Thanks, fan-b, for the great coverage! (link)
- I haven’t checked out the & Other Stories US launch yet and don’t plan to any time soon. Into the Gloss has some suggestions (including this shower cream). Use code FRIENDS for 20% off through October 31!
- Order the Target Beauty Box here. In other Target news, get a $5 giftcard for “personal care” purchases over $15. Details here.
- In drugstore news, I’ve been loving CVS in-store deals – it’s all about stacking the weekend coupon with ECB deals, CVS coupons, and manufacturer’s coupons. I watched a $40+ total dwindle down to $11 yesterday. Is anybody else a CVS fan?
- Do you have the new iOS 8? Better read up on tips on how to prolong your battery life!