Two items I’ve successfully acquired at end of season sales:
- J.Crew wool pinstripe topcoat (regular/petite) – Not the warmest of wool coats, the quality on this menswear-inspired topcoat is impeccable. It is dark navy with chalky pinstripes. I can’t wait to wear it for less cold days. It’s on final sale + 40% off. Sizes pop up almost every morning. It took me a while to find my size and I’d say it is true to size.
- A.P.C. half moon bag in caramel textured leather – I blogged about this back in October. I’ve been looking for a non-black crossbody bag and found this at Steven Alan with a sale on sale and free shipping. I bought it sight unseen like most of my purchases and have no regrets. Despite its compact profile, it can hold a good amount of items – 2 slim wallets, Mophie charger, compact, and more. The leather has a saffiano texture, so it’s much more durable than the typical calf leather. I dropped it in the parking lot once and there were no marks. The caramel hue is rich. It’s sold out at Steven Alan now and I can’t find it anywhere on the internet…
Update: The caramel texture was a seasonal color. As of Feb 2016, you can find this bag in:
- caramel (same color as above, snakeskin textured) available here, here, here
- black (smooth leather) available here, here, here
- whiskey (darker than caramel, textured) available here, here,
- nut brown (dark brown smooth leather) pre-order here
- bordeaux (deep red textured ) pre-order here and
- navy (smooth leather) pre-order here.