- I’m a big fan of Starbucks new mobile ordering.The Starbucks next to my office is notoriously slow and the building’s deli coffee is notoriously bad. In the morning, time and caffeine is of the essence. I don’t love Starbucks coffee, but this has won me over with the efficiency (and rewards program) bit. Getting enough signal to efficiently place an order on the app – still a work in progress.
- RIP Rib and Hull (soon). I got my order and both totes are beautiful although the carryall is huge. Leather lovers, check out what is left of their Heirloom collection!
- (Left photo) Finally handwashed the four Heath pieces I bought at the Heath Sausalito outlet. I picked up second quality bowls and a creamer, and a bud vase. The back shelf in the outlet has items with very minor imperfections up to 75% off.Their prices pain me, but I love how it’s all still made in Sausalito and the quality/colors are beautiful. I’m also proud to report that 3 of the 4 pieces were transported in my check-in (hardcase) suitcase, wrapped in packing paper and padded with clothing and air packets. All pieces survived with no injury (and I did have my receipt ready in case I had to invoke Amex return protection.)
- Anthropologie marked down a bunch of items (as they often do on Sunday nights). You can tell if there is a new markdown by adding it to your cart or viewing it in your wishlist (since it takes time for new markdowns to hit the sale section or for updated prices to appear). If you’re an early bird, you may be able to take advantage of the free shipping over $150 and additional 30% off (code XTRAXTRA). Post 30% off, the Trinette gingham shirtdress and Checked Poplin Peplum Top is $34.97, and the Valley striped green tank is $13.97. (I emailed for a price adjustment for the new items that don’t register as a sale item yet.) Yes, I like gingham, checkers, and stripes.
- (Right photo) I bag sat at my friend’s happy hour over the weekend. Love her Bao Bao Issey Miyake. It’s not the easiest bag to find (and I will be emailing my cc concierge soon with a task.) (Similar here and here.) I’m still loving my APC Half Moon bag in saffiano leather (textured is key!). Crossbody is so convenient and it fits a ton. I’ve been wearing it all days of the week. (Similar in nude and black.)
- Uniqlo x Lemaire sold out really fast online. Some stuff is trickling back, but overall, this collection isn’t as wearable as Ines’ or the upcoming Carine Roitfeld.
- Sephora has a fun ‘promotion’ that lets you ‘spin a wheel’ to get a code — the best is 10% off or 3x points. Online orders only. I rarely shop at Sephora but some newer brands like Christophe Robin intrigues me. And can someone please tell Sephora that Shiseido and Boscia are not Korean beauty brands?
- Today, I learned that restaurants that require a mandatory service charge for larger parties can tax the mandatory service charge (i.e. tip) as long as it’s listed as that (and not gratuity) and not giving the full amount to their waitstaff (*shakes fist*). I think this is not limited to NYC.