I was out of town last weekend and last week was exhausting. My saturday six series is more difficult to maintain than I expected… Better late than never, right?
Six things from the last two weeks
(1) Tata Harper master class at Cap Beauty. The event was PACKED. Once the crowds subsided, I got to ask Tata a bunch of questions and try many products. I will be blogging details in a separate post.
(2) I love Instagram’s new update — you can now log into multiple IG accounts. I’ve been more active on my @irenelikes account of late. If you don’t see the option to link another account, make sure your app is updated. (I don’t love how spacey the feed looks now though.)
(3) We checked out David Chang’s newest restaurant, Momofuku Nishi, in Chelsea. Reservations were made online. This is a tip-free restaurant and we found that prices were a little high as a result. Service was good and unobtrusive at the bar. We ordered two apps and two pasta dishes and were out within an hour. Pictured clockwise: (1) Spicy Beef Sichuan – flat noodle, tofu, yacai; (2) Ceci e Pepe – chickpea hozon, black pepper; and (3) Beef Crudo – watermelon radish, dashi ponzu. I loved these dishes, but don’t think I’m itching to come back any time soon. The fourth, unpictured, dish was the ama ebi (shrimp) dish that was inspired by the razor clam dish at Ko. I would not recommend this dish. Overall, I always find Momofuku to be too heavy on the sodium, so it was no surprise that I knocked out once I got home and overslept the next morning.
(4) I’ve been a Goldilocks lately with purses, mostly with Mansur Gavriel since it’s so hard to find and you can’t walk into a store to peruse all of the styles/colors, and some vegetable tanned purses arrive pre-scratched! I was also sorely disappointed that the saffiano rosa tote at Barneys was actually calf, not saffiano. Enter the new Longchamp Roseau reversible collection. I ordered a tote during a great Neiman Marcus promo + eBates $50 bonus. I’ve historically not been a fan of Longchamp leather, but I think this one is a keeper! It’s a simple tote with a closure on top, buttons to taper in the sides, super lightweight yet structured, and ironically a lipstick red interior (like MG). The textured leather is also much more durable than the veau foulonne material.
(5) This is the first year in a while that I haven’t scheduled a bunch of vacations… and the AA devaluation is looming over my head. I’m not sure if I can get my act together in time vs. should I stay true to myself and be content with coach!
I also started following Conde Nast Traveler in Feedly and it’s inspired me to plan a solo vacation, which I used to do fairly frequently:
20 Reasons to Travel Now
This Mom Says Solo Travel Keeps Her Sane
(6) Looking forward to Uniqlo x Liberty of London? Expect a 30-piece collection including womenswear, menswear, and childrenswear to launch on March 18. I don’t wear florals often, so I wonder how much of it I would actually like enough to buy, if I can get my hands on it!