The Fall/Winter 2016 collection just dropped a few days ago and has three style concepts: La Femme Rive Droite (Paris Right Bank), La Femme Rive Gauche (Paris Left Bank), and 70s Rock. Not all of the styles have dropped — more are coming in October.
The US Uniqlo site isn’t that great this time in terms of lookbooks or even explaining the concept. For reviews/lookbook/styling info:
- Midlifechic got a preview and has detailed reviews
- The Uniqlo JP site has selected 15 “key” items and styled it up two ways — for the Right and Left Bank. Amazing!
- Global teaser video.
- Instagram hashtag #UniqloxInes
When shopping the desktop version of the site, all item measurements are listed in the “size chart”. In general, I find IDLF to run true to size. Their sweaters and knit tops have a slimmer fit. Some coats may run big (like the prior season trench coats). If anything is sold out, for the US site at least, you can sign up to be notified when an item is re-stocked.
I’m not a sweater person and don’t wear work-friendly button down shirts as much as I’d like, so I gravitate through fitted tees (that are easy to care for), casual flannel buttondowns, blazers, and outerwear. These are my favorites:
(1) This is the third iteration of the IDLF Soutien Collar Coat. This year’s has a higher polyester content for a cleaner, less rumpled look and more detail on the cuff and upper back. It also comes with a matching hat and a mini carrying bag, with no increase in price. It comes in beige, green, and navy. I love navy and might wear it more than black now, but purposely avoided navy because I already have plenty, but am considering the beige or hunter green.
(2) The IDLF Knit Jacket is a sweater jacket, which I love for versatility. It is more casual than a blazer (which sadly I’ve slowly stopped wearing due to relaxing dress codes), but layers easily on top of almost everything — striped shirt, dress, etc. — and can travel easily.
(3) The IDLF Soft Tweed Stand Collar Jacket is a new blazer style for this season. I’m not totally how it would look on me, but I like pinstripes… It also comes in solid black.
(4) I like the colors on this IDLF Piping Collar Long Sleeve Shirt. I’m pretty lazy with ironing though (I don’t do it).