Oh, Sephora. I’m an online shopper and the VIB sales are painful when items go in and out of stock. And I chuckle at people who bought too much and are no longer to use their VIB code. Get smarter, Sephora. I mix high and low. This is what I got (or would’ve got if I wasn’t out):
- Shiseido Facial Cotton. I love Renee Rouleau, but so many people rave about Shiseido. So, I’ll let you know what I think!
- Dr Jart Dermaclear Micro Milk Peel. Dr Jart was one of the first Korean beauty brands to come stateside. Milk peels are a recent trend and for brightening and evening out skintone. The lactose in milk converts to lactic acid through fermentation. Yummy.
- Tata Harper (previous mentions/reviews). Tata is expensive — it’s nontoxic, natural, and Made in USA — but I think the splurge is justified as I don’t use her products daily and it’s cheaper than a facial (which I may do 1-2x a year). I like splurging on masks since it is typically a stronger concentration of nutrients. I layer the resurfacing mask on top of the regenerationg cleanser 1-2x a week. The purifying mask is new to me. Additionally, the mask brush I got is great at minimizing waste. The regenerating cleanser was also the only thing I missed when I was traveling for 2 weeks. It’s great for cleaning the pores, but I also wouldn’t recommend daily use of anything with physical exfoliation.
- Drunk Elephant. Another nontoxic brand. I picked up my first item a year ago and didn’t really start using it until earlier this year. I am totally in love with DE — based on almost daily use of the C serum (review) and a few weeks use of the night serum (I don’t use it daily). If you want compliments , or invest in your skin, try them. Sephora is one of their few distributors and the value sets are totally worth the deluxe samples. I’m looking forward to trying the B Hydra Gel and marula oil. Note, DE will be having their own F&F later this year. It’s unknown whether they will have similar value sets.
Makeup — I rarely wear makeup nowadays. Better skin => less makeup. Sometimes I fill in my brows (I’ve very partial to Shu Uemura brow products) but am considering wearing lip product regularly beyond chapstick. If I go out, I may wear a highlighter and mascara, but in general, I’m very
lazy low maintenance.
- Lip products: Dior Addict Lip Glow and limited edition Nars Audacious in Rita. You know that economic lipstick index? It’s just fun to splurge on lip products.
- Milk Makeup highlighter. I’ve been using this from a recent Birchbox. Love it, which is a rarity as Birchbox has most certainly gone downhill.
- RMS Magic Luminizer. To be tested, but I picked this up since I love the Living Luminizer. And they last forever — I’m nowhere near the bottom of my Living Luminizer.
- Yves Saint Laurent Touche Eclat Blur Perfector (not pictured). Occasionally, my face is a little too shiny from my SPF (I rotate between a few) and/or sweat. This is great at removing that shine and that’s all I expect from it.