I returned the two pairs of Birkenstock Arizonas I wrote about last time. The rose gold upper leather was too stiff and I wasn’t in love with the rose gold. The white pair was just too white.
Verdict: I love the Birkenstock Arizonas in EVA in black. I tested them for warm weather for a week in rainy Taipei and heartily give them two thumbs up.
- Price point
- Easy to clean
- The non-leatherness is not that obvious (for the black color; other than white, the other colors do not have matching buckles)
- Arch support is softer than the leather/cork version and breaks in easy
- Leather-free for those who do not like animal products
- If the straps are on too tight and it’s hot, your feet won’t be able to breath.
- The strap material doesn’t look that durable in that I wouldn’t change the strap holes often.
Sizing: I am normally a US 8 and wear a 38 Narrow in Birkenstocks. I could get buy with 39 (what’s recommended for US 8) but I like 38 more.
Where to Buy: Nordstrom (women, men), Birkenstock, Dick’s Sporting Goods. Amazon is not an authorized seller due to counterfeits — I would avoid Birkenstock. If you are going to Europe, they are cheaper there and have more styles. Birkenstock is a German brand.
I also got the Arizonas in dress blue patent/red bottom. Those need breaking in. I’m not sure if it’s a seasonal color, but only Birkenstock carries this color combination.