It’s that time of year again! I will be updating this over the long weekend. In general, I’m buying items that are on my list — many of the retailers only have a discount once a year. If you miss out on a deal, keep on mind Green Monday is on December 9 (last Monday before Christmas for ground shipping).
Updated on Monday morning.
Note on Cashback and Return Shipping
- Ebates has great cashback rates at the moment for many stores. You can get an extra $10 cashback with my Ebates referral if you don’t have an account. It is a legit cashback site, I have been using it for almost 2 decades! You just have to remember to checkout from their link. I use other cashback sites as well but overall, Ebates has the best rates right now.
- Rates: Saks, Neiman Marcus (14%); Bloomingdale’s, Barneys, Ulta, Gap, Lululemon, Macys (10%); L’Occitane (15%); Sephora (8%); J.Crew (6%)
- Chase Freedom 5% on department stores: If you have a Chase Freedom credit card, it makes the department store cashback ‘deals’ even sweeter with the extra 5% cashback.
- Discover and Amazon Pay: If you have a Discover card, the 5% cashback on Amazon also works on Amazon Pay (i.e. similar to PayPal, Amazon Pay is a payment method). This stacks with any cashback for the retailer you are purchasing from.
- PayPal refunds return shipping: if you pay with PayPal, you are eligible for a refund return shipping, if you had to pay for it. Super easy process and up to $30 per refund, 12 times a year so I usually save this for those sites that don’t offer a label. I also like to pay with PayPal on those smaller sites so my payment information is centralized. Previously mentioned here.
- Anthropologie / Black Friday (Thursday – Sunday): 30% off everything. Thursday early morning through Sunday. Last year, Monday’s sale was 20% sitewide.
- MoMa Store / Black Friday (Th – Sat): $20-40 off. Great for gifts (for yourself haha) through Saturday.
Unless you’re hitting the $200 mark to get $40 off, I recommend waiting — last year Sunday/Monday had 20% off and free shipping.Cyber Monday (Sun – Mon): 20% off and free shipping on Sunday and Monday.
- Nordstrom / Black Friday (Th – Sat): Perhaps my favorite department store. There is an excellent Fresh and Christophe Robin (love the rose volumizing shampoo paste) gifts with purchase. Use code DEALMOON for beauty purchases over $65 for an extra bag of samples. Cyber Monday (Sun – Mon): Spend $250 and get a $50 gift card for use in Jan/Feb.
- ShopSpring / 12% cashback and free Shoprunner membership (2 day shipping). You can shop other sites through this site.
- Pros: they currently offer 12% cashback that goes back to your credit card. You can get cashback on sites that normally don’t have cashback like Clare V. Shipping and returns are free.
- Cons: This site has changed itself over the last year. No extra sale codes or gifts with purchase. They also used to charge sales tax on items that shouldn’t be taxed — I think this has been fixed. Inventory is also not the same as the retailers and I have gotten orders cancelled due to lack of inventory.
- Amazon / Good for the entire long weekend:
- Saks Fifth Avenue / Black Friday: Spend $150 and get a $75 gift card through Friday, code THANKFUL. Cyber Monday: Get $50 off for every $200, lots of exclusions.
- Target / Black Friday only: Spend now to save 20% on a single use between Nov 27 and Dec 8.
- In-store, Friday only. Spend $0.01 or more using the Target app.
- Online, Friday only. Spend $50 online.
- Hulu / 99 cents a month for a year. For new accounts or old customers who haven’t subscribed in a year. Also on Ebates – open the site through Ebates and click on the main site and you should see the promo.
- Brooklinen / 10-20% off tiered discount. I’m a big fan of their luxe sateen sheets. I recently upgraded from Queen to King, so I picked up a few new items and also grabbed some items from their discontinued patterns (RIP Bedford Stripe). They rarely have discounts! Cyber Monday sale is same as BF.
- Poketo / 20% off sitewide through Monday.
- Food52 / 20% off sitewide through Sunday.
- Parachute Home / 20% sitewide through Monday. I’ve only tried the linen sheets and I recommend them!
- GIR / 35% off + free ship $35+ with code NSBFriday. Through Saturday. I love their silicone lid covers and various kitchen tools in an array of colors and non-colors. Also available at Amazon (some items are super overpriced though), Food52, and Target. Cyber Monday: B1G160% off with code GIRMonday.
- Trumedic massagers / 30% off and free shipping on massagers with code MASSAGE30. Expiration unknown.
- I’ve had the IS-3000 PRO (Amazon link for reviews) for over a month. I tried this at my aunt’s and promptly ordered one for myself. I like stronger massages and while this doesn’t replace a professional massage, this gives a deeper massage and is a treat. I’m slightly annoyed at paying $50 more on Amazon at the time, however, I like it enough to say that the price difference was worth having it for a month earlier.
- The InstaShiatsu+ Foot Massager with Heat made Oprah’s Favorite Things list this year. I’d ordered one through a Good Morning America deal and am still waiting for mine since it was backordered.
- Uniqlo / A lot of staples are on sale, including the HeatTech x Alexander Wang collection. Also free shipping on all orders. End date not stated but expected to go through Monday.
- Abercrombie / 50% off site wide with some exclusions and free shipping. End date not stated. I never wore Abercrombie before but have had my eyes on the winter trench coat because I love the plaid trim and this sherpa open front cardigan which looks like a warm blanket.
- A.P.C. bags on sale at Matches Fashion, Ssense, Shopbop, 24 Sevres, Nordstrom
- J.Crew / 40% off at first, now 50% off and the site is still crashing.
- Madewell / 25% off.
- H&M / 30% off and free shipping. I’ve gotten some items from here, after not shopping here for years. They also have some quality items from their home department.
- Margaux / 20% off $225. Margaux has attractive block heels and ballet flats. I’m intrigued but haven’t tried them before. You can buy pre-made or made to measure.
- Clare V / 20% off select items. Launched promptly at midnight on Friday morning. Through Sunday.
- Baggu / 20% site-wide, 25% for $50+, 30% off $100+.
- COS / 20% off select items. The selection is a bit disappointing and a lot of items are already out of most sizes. I do recommend the Tailored A-Line Dress, but any shorties (like me) will need to get the length altered.
- Birchbox / 10-25% off site-wide. End date not stated, guessing through Friday night. Birchbox has tons of brands – Tata Harper, Sunday Riley, Shu Uemura hair, Oribe (this set), Dr Jart, Whalmyung… they have exclusive sets and don’t forget the gifts with purchase section. For Cyber Monday, Ace gets up to 45% off of the unexciting sale section, others get 30% off.
- Neiman Marcus / $50 off $200 through Saturday.
Last year, Monday was a gift card promotion. I prefer a cash discount.Sale is not limited to beauty. Ebates has 14% cashback (my referral) and if you have a Chase Freedom, get 5% cashback. Cyber Monday is gift card event.
- Peach and Lily / 30% site-wide through Monday, exclusions apply including their Peach and Lily collection.
- Sephora / 50% off Surratt Beauty. Otherwise, I’m shopped out from their November sales.
- Stratia / 20% off on Cyber Monday. This is an indie skincare brand that I found through Reddit. Their Liquid Gold is a light moisturizer full of good stuff. I will be restocking on this!
- QVC has Black Friday specials (kind of hard to navigate IMHO) and free shipping on Beauty (amongst other things) through Monday. Use code TEN4U for $10 off your first purchase.
- True Botanicals / 20% off and a $10 credit for every $50 spent for use in December. Good through Monday. I didn’t expect to see them join the fray.
- Beauty Heroes / 15% off through Monday with code LIKEAMEMBER. They carry clean beauty brands and more. I recommend the Level Up discovery sets, especially the True Botanicals one if you wanted to try their Vitamin C Booster.
- Drunk Elephant / Midi sized Babyfacial and C Firma Serum, and free shipping. If you missed out of any of the holiday sets at Sephora, they have it here, even the Trunk.
- L’Occitane / 20% off and free shipping.