I hope all of my readers are staying safe and staying in. It’s impossible to ignore current events, and hope this is a break from the news.
- Clare Vivier site-wide 25% off. I can’t remember the last time she had a site-wide sale.
- APC half moon bags are under $200 with code EXTRAMOON30 at a European boutique. I’ve never shopped from this boutique before and sometimes I prefer the option of easy returns with leather goods: Nordstrom has a 25% sale, which isn’t as enticing, but they have an amazing return policy. Ssense from across the border has 20% sitewide with code SHOP20 and more options.
- Shu Uemura haircare is on sale. I have been using the muroto volume shampoo and conditioner for years and the sale price for the set is a steal. I like the conditioner but it goes pretty fast. They supposedly reformulated and I will be testing it out. Also a fan of the gentle radiance cleansing shampoo and don’t mind the limited edition Pokemon packaging. There is free shipping for the rest of the month. If you sign up for an account, you can pick two samples (instead of one). [Edit on March 28: They sent me a wrong item and won’t respond. Luckily I paid with PayPal and opened a case there. Not that they are any more responsive.]
- Department stores have been taking turns with their 25% off sales, often on items that never go on sale. I ordered a few things I would’ve picked up in Asia Duty Free.
- Nordstrom! I was surprised at how quickly some things sold out. I especially like buying beauty electronics from here due to their return policy. The sale ends on Monday — but there were brands that were pulled from the unscheduled sale after vendors complained.
- Neiman Marcus – the beauty part already ended. I thought their selection was most similar to Nordstrom, but also appreciated the hefty cashback.
- Bergdorf Goodman
- Net-a-Porter US – 15% off, exclusions apply.
- Ssense – 20% off, exclusions apply.
- Elderberry gummies with Vitamin C and Zinc. You can get them at Amazon (backordered) and Costco (currently sold out). They taste like candy and within the range of gummy vitamins I’ve tried, I like these.
- Baggu’s new prints are delightful — I especially like the Murakami-esque daisies, animal prints with the zebra, lobster, bengal cat. Free wallpaper (for your phone, computer, tablet) of some of new prints are available as well.
- Starbucks Nespresso capsules – I like blonde espresso and he really likes Pike Place roast (which can be made as a lungo). Costco has a good deal on the blonde. Bed Bath & Beyond has more variety, on sale, which goes well with that 20% off coupon.
- After much thought, I ordered the black Clare V la tropezienne tote. This style is one of her earliest, easily my favorite style, and in my opinion, the best quality. Over the years, the bag has been made available in different colors, strap lengths, and lined or unlined. It is rarely available at any other retailer now and I know I can get use out of a long handled, black version. (Prior posts on la trop)
- I love the playfulness of the Herschel woodland camo print + white polka dots.
- Uniqlo –
- Airism slips are back! The front straps are slightly different than the last version.
- If you want to avoid your thighs from touching in the warm weather at all costs, Airism has lightweight petti shorts. Size up if you want to use as pajamas/housewear. There is a capri version too. The Airism material is very low maintenance and a rough silky feeling.
- Sometimes I feel that my knees, upper legs get too much sun when I’m sitting in the car. I hope the Airism UV protection stole works — it can be used as a shawl, blanket, etc.
- The Ines de la Fressange cotton linen short sleeved dress in gray. The shade is beautiful. It can be a little thin, but nothing that an Airism slip can’t fix.
- The Ines de la Fressange cotton linen tunic is very well made and nicely oversized.
- The sheer footsies stay on and are low cut enough for my Ferragamo flats.
- Rayon material is so low maintenance and comfortable in warmer weather. This navy shirtdress is perfect for not working from home.
- The new JW Anderson collection dropped and I haven’t bought anything, but have my eye on the totes/backpack (I don’t need another bag) and the fitted sweatshirt.