I haven’t loved anything from Gap in a long time. Their site isn’t as easy to browse (I like to sort by what’s new ), but I love that they have petite sizing and easy, free returns.
This puff sleeve utility jacket is very Goop, without the price tag and petite sizes! I prefer it in khaki without the belt. The pockets made it perfect for travel. Despite the linen content, it does not wrinkle easily. Perfect for spring or any space with air conditioning.
The Polka Dot V-Neck Popover Shirt is made of a lightweight, synthetic material. Perfect for balmy summer work days. It does run long, a little big, and low, so once again petite sizing was a winner. It was nicely cut.
The cotton and Lyocell material makes the Girlfriend Chino Joggers light enough for super humid summer. Trust me, I tested it in 96% humidity and 90+ F. It runs big and I think they stretched out. I like the dark color — the green one had lighter stitching which I did not like. I also tested the High Rise Culottes (not pictured), which I recommend if you’re looking for culottes. They are easy to match and structured/light enough.
On to Uniqlo…
I’m late in posting, but these pleated pants are so comfy. They run BIG.
The extra fine cotton A-line 3/4 sleeve dress runs much longer than my favorite shirtdress of 2018 and comes off more casual. But it’s not bad. It comes in solids and stripes. I prefer stripes. It runs more TTS than the asymmetrical version.
I wear the lightweight v neck cardigans every summer and love this year’s version.
I’ve been using Method hand soap in my Muji containers for years, but I guess more moisture couldn’t hurt. I like L’Occitane hand products, so when a promo gave out, I promptly ordered the Verbena shea butter liquid soap refill. I would’ve ordered the ultra rich soap if it had a refill. I fell in love with their Ultra Rich shea butter collection during a summer trip to the Canadian Rockies (it’s super dry there) and also highly recommend their newer intensive hand items. Use code FACE or BODY for 20% off, free shipping over $10, and an Almond Discovery set (mini Almond hand cream, skin oil, and shower oil). Doesn’t work on sale items.
These Melissa Papete + Rider Sandals are new arrivals at Shopbop, and I caught them during the recent sale. I opted for the nude/black combo over the neon or black options. They fit true to size and the nude bottom makes the wide Teva look much more flattering on my feet. I like that they are all rubber for ease of cleaning and rainy climates. Available at Shopbop (my color is OOS at the moment), Zappos, Amazon, and Melissa.
Birchbox Skincare Multitaskers Kit. As posted on my Instagram (should I update more often?), I had Birchbox points to use up. I quite like some of Birchbox’s kits, value sets, and holiday sales. I don’t like their monthly boxes (review here) and think their website could be greatly improved, but the deals and brand curation keeps me as a customer. This kit has Huxley (have tried multiple products, love the smell), Dr Lipp (curious), Kiehl’s cleansing oil (curious), Sand & Sky (curious), and Mighty Patch (slightly curious).
I think the Garnet Hill navy toile bedding has been on my wishlist for sooo long but I don’t like buying at full price if I don’t have to, especially for a flannel that is seasonal. The navy color (my fave) got discontinued and I was sold when I saw it was sale on sale.
Image: Garnet Hill
My favorite item from the Uniqlo U SS 2019 collection is the U lightweight bag in black. I held back from ordering more t-shirts though, so that could have been a contender.
- It’s a super lightweight nylon bag. It folds down easy for storage.
- It’s meant for light, bulkier contents. Measurements: Height: 15.3″/39cm, Width: 19″/48.5cm, Length: 5.5″/14cm, Handle Length: 22.8″/58cm.
- It hangs easily on the shoulder.
- It has adjustable drawstrings on the ends. This makes it perfect for travel, especially if you want to protect any nicer bags. I personally hate putting most bags directly on the floor, x-ray machine, etc. The drawstring also makes the contents safer.
- At $29.90, it is pretty affordable.
The Uniqlo U collection is always a big hit or miss for me. The fit typically runs oversized and tall. I was not into most of the color choices. Mini reviews for what I’d caught my eye online:
- WOMEN U WRAP SLEEVELESS DRESS – Soft rayon material. Nice drape. If you’re ever the type to have to size up, you may need to size up for the best fit. Verdict: Maybe…
- WOMEN U MIDI SKIRT – Soft rayon material. Runs big. Verdict: No, because I don’t need it/it’s too casual for work.
- WOMEN U BIG LONG-SLEEVE SHIRT – Yes, it is called big and long. Maybe it would’ve worked if the material felt nicer? This was a great hit per the Uniqlo.com reviews. Verdict: Not for me.
- WOMEN U COTTON DOUBLE FACE PANTS – Wrong cut for me, but if it looks like it would work for you, get it! Verdict: Not for me.
- WOMEN U BALLOON HALF SLEEVE DRESS – It is a light knit sweater dress with a nice silhouette, but unfortunately, it is very clingy in the midsection, especially obvious in a bright color like green. Works best for those in great shape. The emerald green is so pretty. The blue is not a true navy. Verdict: Not for me.
- WOMEN U SHIRT LONG-SLEEVE DRESS – I didn’t have time to check to size chart for measurements. The material is very stiff. The fit is long and waist very slim. Verdict: Not for me.
See the rest of the collection.
This was an unexpected find at Target.com from the Who What Wear line. I love the large dots on a masculine camo green. Fit: It runs very oversized! Functions as a light jacket.
Women’s Polka Dot Utility Jacket – Who What Wear™ Olive/Black
The new Uniqlo x IDLF collection dropped today for women and girls. It is inspired by the relaxed wardrobe of Saint Tropez. The lookbook didn’t excite me too much but I couldn’t resist the tuck shirtdresses. It comes in linen cotton or cotton lawn prints. No surprise that these are selling the fastest.
I like some of the basic jackets and linen items, but I don’t need or love them and hate ironing. I have not been impressed by IDLF sweaters in the past and would opt to avoid.
The recurring Uniqlo x JW Anderson collection is dropping in 2 weeks.