I haven’t done a beauty box in ages but rejoined Allure for the May box, which has a Skin Inc full size serum for ~$15. Skin Inc serums are small and expensive, so perfect at this price. I also want to try the other items — I think I’ve seen the AHC eye cream (also full size) on Instagram ads. I joined via Amazon so it’s easy to cancel.
If you’re looking for a solid facial sunscreen, Dermstore has a good Skin Cancer Foundation suncare set. These are the derm-recommended kind that aren’t as cosmetically elegant. I have used most of them and always have a stock of Elta readily available, but they are heavier and make me look shinier. Which is fine for Zooming from home or when I want good protection.
Dyson Air Purifier Fan. We are spending all of our time at home now and after our first few days of working from home, we were in dire need of clean air. The construction next door prevents us from opening our windows. While the work has stopped, it’s still super dusty.
I got the Dyson TP02 was the second one I bought. I’m a huge fan of Dyson and both of their air purifier fans are currently $100 off . The TP02 has wi-fi capabilities unlike the TP01 that may be discounted elsewhere.
Beauty. They are having a “Days of Beauty” event but not everything below is a part of it.
- Boscia $10 off tsubaki beauty oil and sake water
- Skinesque Substantial discounts. It’s a Korean-American brand which I haven’t tried.
- Tons of new items in the premium hair care section.
- Christophe Robin
- Cleaning Volumizing Paste. Mentioned in my last post. It’s cheaper than the Sephora sale.
- There are other shampoos available.
- Leonor Greyl. I haven’t tried this brand yet, but let me know if you have any recommendations. I would like to pick up a few things but am waiting to see if they will have a promotion.
- Davines shampoo and conditioner bundles.
- Kerastase (which I never got into)
Nespresso capsules. They have Peet’s on sale. Well priced if you need to stop up on quality capsules.
Updated: Added QVC deal on Peter Thomas Roth rose cell mask
More wearable to me than the last Marimekko collab.
- Apple AirPods Pro. I had the AirPods and didn’t love them as much. Costco has it for slightly less. So does Amazon. I also love this silicone case with ring. Maybe this is what I needed for the AirPods. I like the ring and an obvious color.
- Baggu! Their Earth Day 25% off sale with code EARTHDAY. I love the daisy and animal prints this season. A lot is out of stock already. Nordstrom has the sold-out Have a Nice Day bag.
- Vitabrid Dual Drop Serum. This is a LG brand. Not many reviews on their products. I haven’t used it long enough, but it’s very soothing for a Vitamin C serum. It just doesn’t have the brightening ingredients like Drunk Elephant. Use code RF29 for 85% off this product. When I had bought this I also picked up the scalp shampoo (not bad, used to be at Barneys) and the sheet masks.
- A sturdy tablet/phone adjustable stand. It was pricey and has increased dramatically, but it was worth it.
- Clarins V-Facial Intensive Wrap Mask, which seems almost impossible to find in stock. It depuffs your face.
- Samorga insert for my Goyard Artois tote. The Artois is reversible and I usually wear it print side out. I realized the leather lining has to be protected. The Artois PM is the same size as the St Louis PM. Samorga still makes the sleekest inserts, in my opinion.
- Farmacy limited edition cherry cleansing balm. It’s back in stock and 20% off. Mini review here.
- Sephora is having a 10-20% off sale through Monday.
- Nordstrom has been having aggressively marking down sale. They are not price adjusting for the current Better Together sale.
- Peter Thomas Roth masks, particularly the rose one. While the BOGO sale ended at PTR, QVC has great pricing. and there is a rose BOGO, use HELLO10 for $10 off.
- Costco Beauty: These are member-only items with extra discount that brings them to ~50% off. Ending today.
- Lo and Sons is 40% off everything and additional 15% off with code SUPPORTSMALLBUSINESS. Small businesses are really hurting now. See my review of their Hanover Deluxe 2 backpack.
- Ulta has been doing their 21 days of beauty. I’ve stayed away, because I don’t really need anything. I missed this morning’s 50% off Lancome Genifique serum. I also missed yesterday’s Nordstrom Genifique mask set. (Please let me know if you’ve tried the mask.) If you really want anything, check after midnight or first thing in the morning, because things do sell out. There is one more week left.
- Highlights for daily Beauty Steals, which is usually 50% off. Expect Sephora to price match if they carry the item.
- Wednesday – 50% off on some Kbeauty brands, including COSRX.
- Saturday – 50% off Peach and Lily Glass Skin Refining Serum. Peach and Lily never discounts this. I like this as a versatile hydrating serum.
- There are also weekly Hot Buys.
- Nordstrom – another sale after their large, unplanned sale. It’s best to have a wishlist and check on it. Also check your recent purchases. If the price dropped <14 days, you can ask for a price adjustment on the chat.
I really regret not renewing my NYPL library card before the outbreak… no free ebooks for me!
- NYTimes. I subscribe but their Coronavirus coverage is free if you sign-up. It’s the only news alert I get on my phone.
- Apple News+ (formerly known as Texture). You get all the news publications (including pay walled WSJ) and magazines (and back issues). I had to select an Uber reward and two months of this ($9.99/month) was way more useful than a $5 Uber reward.
- Favorite Instagram of late: Kathleen Jennings Beauty. She likes to mask, goes high (like CdP masks) and low. She also has a blog. I’m still a fan of blogs.
- Xiaohongshu (Little Red Book) is a Chinese app and is like a combination of Instagram, Pinterest, and Amazon. I use it primarily for reviews on products — it’s unfortunate that Instagram can’t be searched. Con: must be able to read simplified Chinese.
- TPF – don’t bother visiting if you do not like fashion or purses.
- Huaren – the Beauty and Fashion boards are my favorite, you can use Chrome translate, although it is not perfect and some things come out very strangely.
Watched, Watching, Will Watch
- Netflix’s Crash Landing on You Korean drama. I got a little obsessed with this and I hadn’t seen a Kdrama in a decade.
- Hulu Little Fires Everywhere
- Starz Outlander
I hope all of my readers are staying safe and staying in. It’s impossible to ignore current events, and hope this is a break from the news.
- Clare Vivier site-wide 25% off. I can’t remember the last time she had a site-wide sale.
- APC half moon bags are under $200 with code EXTRAMOON30 at a European boutique. I’ve never shopped from this boutique before and sometimes I prefer the option of easy returns with leather goods: Nordstrom has a 25% sale, which isn’t as enticing, but they have an amazing return policy. Ssense from across the border has 20% sitewide with code SHOP20 and more options.
- Shu Uemura haircare is on sale. I have been using the muroto volume shampoo and conditioner for years and the sale price for the set is a steal. I like the conditioner but it goes pretty fast. They supposedly reformulated and I will be testing it out. Also a fan of the gentle radiance cleansing shampoo and don’t mind the limited edition Pokemon packaging. There is free shipping for the rest of the month. If you sign up for an account, you can pick two samples (instead of one). [Edit on March 28: They sent me a wrong item and won’t respond. Luckily I paid with PayPal and opened a case there. Not that they are any more responsive.]
- Department stores have been taking turns with their 25% off sales, often on items that never go on sale. I ordered a few things I would’ve picked up in Asia Duty Free.
- Nordstrom! I was surprised at how quickly some things sold out. I especially like buying beauty electronics from here due to their return policy. The sale ends on Monday — but there were brands that were pulled from the unscheduled sale after vendors complained.
- Neiman Marcus – the beauty part already ended. I thought their selection was most similar to Nordstrom, but also appreciated the hefty cashback.
- Bergdorf Goodman
- Net-a-Porter US – 15% off, exclusions apply.
- Ssense – 20% off, exclusions apply.
- Elderberry gummies with Vitamin C and Zinc. You can get them at Amazon (backordered) and Costco (currently sold out). They taste like candy and within the range of gummy vitamins I’ve tried, I like these.
- Baggu’s new prints are delightful — I especially like the Murakami-esque daisies, animal prints with the zebra, lobster, bengal cat. Free wallpaper (for your phone, computer, tablet) of some of new prints are available as well.
- Starbucks Nespresso capsules – I like blonde espresso and he really likes Pike Place roast (which can be made as a lungo). Costco has a good deal on the blonde. Bed Bath & Beyond has more variety, on sale, which goes well with that 20% off coupon.
- After much thought, I ordered the black Clare V la tropezienne tote. This style is one of her earliest, easily my favorite style, and in my opinion, the best quality. Over the years, the bag has been made available in different colors, strap lengths, and lined or unlined. It is rarely available at any other retailer now and I know I can get use out of a long handled, black version. (Prior posts on la trop)
- I love the playfulness of the Herschel woodland camo print + white polka dots.
- Uniqlo –
- Airism slips are back! The front straps are slightly different than the last version.
- If you want to avoid your thighs from touching in the warm weather at all costs, Airism has lightweight petti shorts. Size up if you want to use as pajamas/housewear. There is a capri version too. The Airism material is very low maintenance and a rough silky feeling.
- Sometimes I feel that my knees, upper legs get too much sun when I’m sitting in the car. I hope the Airism UV protection stole works — it can be used as a shawl, blanket, etc.
- The Ines de la Fressange cotton linen short sleeved dress in gray. The shade is beautiful. It can be a little thin, but nothing that an Airism slip can’t fix.
- The Ines de la Fressange cotton linen tunic is very well made and nicely oversized.
- The sheer footsies stay on and are low cut enough for my Ferragamo flats.
- Rayon material is so low maintenance and comfortable in warmer weather. This navy shirtdress is perfect for not working from home.
- The new JW Anderson collection dropped and I haven’t bought anything, but have my eye on the totes/backpack (I don’t need another bag) and the fitted sweatshirt.