My favorite item from the Uniqlo U SS 2019 collection is the U lightweight bag in black. I held back from ordering more t-shirts though, so that could have been a contender.
- It’s a super lightweight nylon bag. It folds down easy for storage.
- It’s meant for light, bulkier contents. Measurements: Height: 15.3″/39cm, Width: 19″/48.5cm, Length: 5.5″/14cm, Handle Length: 22.8″/58cm.
- It hangs easily on the shoulder.
- It has adjustable drawstrings on the ends. This makes it perfect for travel, especially if you want to protect any nicer bags. I personally hate putting most bags directly on the floor, x-ray machine, etc. The drawstring also makes the contents safer.
- At $29.90, it is pretty affordable.
The Uniqlo U collection is always a big hit or miss for me. The fit typically runs oversized and tall. I was not into most of the color choices. Mini reviews for what I’d caught my eye online:
- WOMEN U WRAP SLEEVELESS DRESS – Soft rayon material. Nice drape. If you’re ever the type to have to size up, you may need to size up for the best fit. Verdict: Maybe…
- WOMEN U MIDI SKIRT – Soft rayon material. Runs big. Verdict: No, because I don’t need it/it’s too casual for work.
- WOMEN U BIG LONG-SLEEVE SHIRT – Yes, it is called big and long. Maybe it would’ve worked if the material felt nicer? This was a great hit per the Uniqlo.com reviews. Verdict: Not for me.
- WOMEN U COTTON DOUBLE FACE PANTS – Wrong cut for me, but if it looks like it would work for you, get it! Verdict: Not for me.
- WOMEN U BALLOON HALF SLEEVE DRESS – It is a light knit sweater dress with a nice silhouette, but unfortunately, it is very clingy in the midsection, especially obvious in a bright color like green. Works best for those in great shape. The emerald green is so pretty. The blue is not a true navy. Verdict: Not for me.
- WOMEN U SHIRT LONG-SLEEVE DRESS – I didn’t have time to check to size chart for measurements. The material is very stiff. The fit is long and waist very slim. Verdict: Not for me.
See the rest of the collection.
This was an unexpected find at Target.com from the Who What Wear line. I love the large dots on a masculine camo green. Fit: It runs very oversized! Functions as a light jacket.
Women’s Polka Dot Utility Jacket – Who What Wear™ Olive/Black
The new Uniqlo x IDLF collection dropped today for women and girls. It is inspired by the relaxed wardrobe of Saint Tropez. The lookbook didn’t excite me too much but I couldn’t resist the tuck shirtdresses. It comes in linen cotton or cotton lawn prints. No surprise that these are selling the fastest.
I like some of the basic jackets and linen items, but I don’t need or love them and hate ironing. I have not been impressed by IDLF sweaters in the past and would opt to avoid.
The recurring Uniqlo x JW Anderson collection is dropping in 2 weeks.
Spies and Assassins
The Americans series finale aired in 2018. Watch it if you like spy drama, Keri Russell, or slower character development. It’s set in the 80s towards the end of the cold war and focuses on two illegals. It’s not as action packed as Homeland. Stream all 6 seasons on Amazon Prime. I like it enough that I may rewatch it when I have time.
Deutschland 83 is another cold war spy drama set in 1983 on the East vs West Germany front. It’s in German and subtitled. If you like The Americans, you’d like this. I found it very addicting. Great soundtrack. The season is shorter and easy to get through. Anxiously waiting for the release of the second season, Deutschland 86! Stream on Hulu.
TURN: Washington’s Spies is based on a Revolutionary War Long Island spy ring. I thought season one was a little slow but perhaps it picked up after it knew it was getting renewed. It’s beautifully filmed and you see a lot of colonial homes and fashion. Washington, Hamilton, etc. all make appearances. Stream all 4 seasons on Netflix.
Killing Eve is a heavy yet lighthearted drama with two female leads playing a very well dressed assassin and a MI5 agent. I liken it to an airy cake donut (it exists, check out the Underwest dark chocolate donut). This was the best new series I saw in 2018 and if you didn’t notice, Sandra Oh won a Golden Globes for Best Actress – Television Series Drama. Stream on Hulu.
Continue reading “to watch / spy dramas and more”
PSA If you wanted a blush mini bucket or teal saffiano mini mini bucket for sample size prices, go here and use code LOVE20 for 20% off!
Feb 17 Update: Last update. Hope you got what you wanted (drop me a line!). After much thinking of what would spark joy, I ended up getting the canvas bucket in creme/black.
Feb 16 Update: One more day of the sample sale. MG refreshes the sale page each day but there may be styles from the prior days that are not sold out. Also, if you can add to cart, click on checkout to confirm if it’s *really* in-stock! Good luck!
Feb 15 Update: Fingers crossed that unlike past sales, MG will be updating their online sale on the last day. See below for my Day 4 predictions!
The London sample sale started today. I like data points, so while I’m not able to post real-time updates about this sale (I have a job!), I hope this helps someone out for days 2-4 of the sale. (See my original sale post for the laundry list of tips.)
London online sample sale link
From their e-mail:
Shop Bags, Shoes & Ready-to-Wear
online and via Instagram Stories
February 13th – 17th
6AM EST ⁄ NYC Time
11AM GMT ⁄ London Time
Shop in London at
The Music Room
26 South Molton Lane
Mayfair, London W1K 5LF
Wednesday Feb 13th 11AM – 8PM
Thursday Feb 14th 8AM – 8PM
Friday Feb 15th 8AM – 7PM
Saturday Feb 16th 10AM – 5PM
Continue reading “to shop / mansur gavriel london online sample sale review”