For Amazon Prime subscribers, there are a few new “sample” boxes with personal care/beauty trial sized items and the random full sized item. The purchase price of the box gives you a credit to apply to a future purchase in the same category. The Luxury Beauty and Men’s boxes aren’t interesting to me (do you know how long it took me to get the mister to stop using Head and Shoulders?), but the “Beauty Sample Box” looks great if you ever travel/need this stuff for the gym. If any of the links don’t work, make sure you’re logged into your Prime account and try refreshing.
Prime Day is coming up and Amazon got tons of flack last year for a lackluster inaugural Prime Day. I’m not sure what the final list of promotions will have but it looks like they have started festivities early. Prime members can get $25 off $50 from their Luxury Beauty department with code PRIMEDAY25. The credit applies after your next Amazon Luxury Beauty order and has to be for one of these brands and sold by Amazon.com. My recs? I might finally try the La Roche Posay Anthelios serum. I recently tried the Oribe dry texturizing spray and apres beach wave and shine spray. The jury is still out on the apres beach spray, but I really like the dry texturizing spray and already got it in the Iarger size. I also like the Mio dry brush. Somme Institute Transport pads are great for icky skin (previously mentioned). I’m not sure when this deal expires but I assume it will be over after July 12 (Prime Day).
I haven’t been paying attention — Amazon became a luxury beauty destination overnight and their list of brands is really impressive. For a limited time (I’m not sure when it expires), use code LUX25BACK to get $25 credit for purchases over $50 after your order ships. Offer only applies to items shipped and sold by Amazon.com. I’m quite excited that they have the La Roche Posay Anthelios serum and Oribe hair products. Start here or browse their full list of brands (includes a ton of men’s brands).
(1) I haven’t looked through all of Shopbop’s sale (and really just shop through my wishlist), so am only highlighting this item. I’ve reviewed this Love Sam lace blouse before. Why am I buying another? Oops, I put it in the dryer and it shrunk. $60 is an amazing sale price for this Etoile Isabel Marant doppelgänger and it’s fully stocked in both black and white and most sizes.
- I’ve been indulging in super affordable tui na and acupuncture and will be sad to give them up once I return home.
- I’ve come to the conclusion that most food in Taipei is good – no matter where you go. I’m not as diligent in exploring Taipei food options because there are family obligations and because I’m content.
- Yelp just launched in Taiwan. It’s too new to be of substantial value though. Foursquare was in use.
- I’ve been thinking of purging (and I’ve been talking about it for years but time has always been a deterrent) and browsed through Marie Kondo’s much talked about book. As I’ve gotten older, I’ve gotten wiser about purchases so there is a lot less to buy in Hong Kong and Taipei. So far.
- If you have any recommendations for items to buy from Taipei (or Narita airport), let me know! I always end up in Muji and Watson’s for hours. Even though I can read traditional Chinese, it is more tiring. Thus, it’s harder to find reviews on products.
- Get $10 off your first $50+ order at Peach and Lily!
- I always stop at the original Sogo department store in Taipei and did a walkthrough of the first floor, which I usually do not do. They have a HUGE selection of Repetto ballet flats — I think it rivaled the flagship in Paris and definitely beat any US retail outlet. Retail pricing is hefty but there were a bunch of styles that were 40% off.
- I tried on the new pointed ‘Brigitte’ style (currently 25% off through link). It runs TTS and I never realized before the bow could be tightened. If feels different than the Cendrillon ballet flat due to the lack of curve. It’s currently online at:
- I also saw a black rubber version of the popular Cendrillon style — perfect for drizzly weather — but I can’t seem to find it online.
- A Repetto store is rumored to be opening in Soho, NYC this year…
- Petit Bateau private sale up to 70% off. 3 days left. Sizes are limited.
- Two thumbs up to the Better Business Bureau! I’d purchased something from a popular home decor e-tailer. I got tired after waiting an year for a backorder and they didn’t respond to my emails. It was too far back for me to contest with my credit card. I filed a case on BBB, who then forwarded it to the local BBB. The e-tailer took immediate action. The e-tailer has similar bad reviews on BBB, so buyer beware.
I am not categorizing for the sake of time. I will say that I really wish more RSS feeds didn’t force me to click to their site to read because now I have an exorbitant amount of saved items. I spent a good deal of time bookmarking instead of reading on my flight here. Or is there a way to easily bookmark into folders, on the iPhone, while offline?
- Dodie Thayer for Tory Burch — lettuce dinnerware
- Google’s new female CFO
- Amazon in talks to acquire Net-a-Porter.
- Baggu posted production videos on their Instagram! I never knew their factory was in China, but it doesn’t make a difference to me. (One, Two, Three, Four)
- Salt therapy for the sickly.
- Lilly Pulitzer x Target drops April 19.
- I love Emily Henderson and some of her Target picks. I’ve been staying away from Target for the last few months… Resistance is futile.
- Marc by Marc Jacobs to be discontinued. This is sad news for me as a fan of their ballet flats and clothing (on sale only). Although I have lost interest since I stopped browsing.
- If you case you haven’t heard, Target’s new return policy is one year!
- I can’t remember the last time I professed love for Banana Republic, so the new lower Fifth Ave, Marissa Webb-blessed flagship merits a visit. Dough is nearby :)
- I detest inefficient browsing. Enter Netflix God Mode. I usually add to my queue on the desktop. (PSFK)
- How long it takes to binge watch a show. (via Apartment Therapy)
- I’ve also been on a TV detox, but can’t wait to dig into:
- Mad Men, last season (AMC)
- Orphan Black, starting April 18 (BBC US)
- Grimm, returns (NBC)
- Call the Midwife, Mr. Selfridge, Wolf Hall (PBS)
I never saw reason to pay premium for the Diane von Furstenberg Zarita dress when Adrianna Papell executed it just as well. The Adrianna Papell lace overlay sheath dress in blush is currently 55% off at Nordstrom and Amazon for $71.10, and at Loehmann’s for $99.99 (regular, petite and look out for coupons). It runs short, true to size, and is pretty fitted but fully lined in a soft material. The back zipper makes it a bit inappropriate for the workplace, but it can be dressed up with a blazer and a belt.
It also comes in mauve (looks like blush…), navy (plus size, on sale), prussian blue (on sale, here and here), mint green (here and here), turquoise (here and here), white, and coral. Note that the inventory of sizes at all linked sites can change daily.
Now, if you still prefer the Diane von Furstenberg Zarita dress, or they have a color that AP doesn’t, there are a ton of non-classic colors at Saks Fifth Avenue that have been heavily discounted to 65-70% off. Many sizes/colors are sold out, but if you click on the “Choose Color and/or Size” and sign up for the waitlist for soldout colors/sizes, they actually email you if it comes back in stock!
I’m out of town for work this week and inadvertently packed a ton of Olay. I’m not super consistent with what I use, but tend to be more consistent in the colder months and this is what I quickly grabbed in my five minutes of packing. It’s no surprise — I love Olay products. They are consistently effective and so affordable, especially with rebates. Now that the weather has gotten chillier and windier, I like nothing more than to slather myself in creams and serums at night. There would’ve been an eye cream to add, if I didn’t just finish it.
Products, left to right:
- Olay Complete Defense Daily UV Moisturizer. I’ve been using this SPF moisturizer since 2005, at least 75% of the time, with short rotations to Murad and Shiseido. I’ve purchased this more times than any other facial product. That says a lot.
- Olay Professional Pro-X Exfoliating Renewal Cleanser. I currently have 3 other cleansers on rotation. I got this during my last Amazon Olay haul due to Slickdeals and positive reviews on MUA and Amazon. I didn’t feel like bringing my Clarisonic on this trip and this product has just enough scrubbing action. It is also travel friendly (not TSA) with a squeeze tube.
- Olay Regenerist Night Resurfacing Elixir. I posted about this before. I use this about 1-2 weeks a month for a week straight each time. I love to follow-up in the morning w/ the Clarisonic since the elixir should be loosening up any gunk in your pores.
- Olay Night of Olay Firming Cream. This is in the classic Olay color (pink) and scent, which I love. I slather this on my non-T-zone area, neck, decolletage, etc. Amazon sells it in a pack of 3 and was pretty cheap, in my opinion. Slather it on…