- I’ve been indulging in super affordable tui na and acupuncture and will be sad to give them up once I return home.
- I’ve come to the conclusion that most food in Taipei is good – no matter where you go. I’m not as diligent in exploring Taipei food options because there are family obligations and because I’m content.
- Yelp just launched in Taiwan. It’s too new to be of substantial value though. Foursquare was in use.
- I’ve been thinking of purging (and I’ve been talking about it for years but time has always been a deterrent) and browsed through Marie Kondo’s much talked about book. As I’ve gotten older, I’ve gotten wiser about purchases so there is a lot less to buy in Hong Kong and Taipei. So far.
- If you have any recommendations for items to buy from Taipei (or Narita airport), let me know! I always end up in Muji and Watson’s for hours. Even though I can read traditional Chinese, it is more tiring. Thus, it’s harder to find reviews on products.
- Get $10 off your first $50+ order at Peach and Lily!
- I always stop at the original Sogo department store in Taipei and did a walkthrough of the first floor, which I usually do not do. They have a HUGE selection of Repetto ballet flats — I think it rivaled the flagship in Paris and definitely beat any US retail outlet. Retail pricing is hefty but there were a bunch of styles that were 40% off.
- I tried on the new pointed ‘Brigitte’ style (currently 25% off through link). It runs TTS and I never realized before the bow could be tightened. If feels different than the Cendrillon ballet flat due to the lack of curve. It’s currently online at:
- I also saw a black rubber version of the popular Cendrillon style — perfect for drizzly weather — but I can’t seem to find it online.
- A Repetto store is rumored to be opening in Soho, NYC this year…
- Petit Bateau private sale up to 70% off. 3 days left. Sizes are limited.
- Two thumbs up to the Better Business Bureau! I’d purchased something from a popular home decor e-tailer. I got tired after waiting an year for a backorder and they didn’t respond to my emails. It was too far back for me to contest with my credit card. I filed a case on BBB, who then forwarded it to the local BBB. The e-tailer took immediate action. The e-tailer has similar bad reviews on BBB, so buyer beware.
I am not categorizing for the sake of time. I will say that I really wish more RSS feeds didn’t force me to click to their site to read because now I have an exorbitant amount of saved items. I spent a good deal of time bookmarking instead of reading on my flight here. Or is there a way to easily bookmark into folders, on the iPhone, while offline?
- Dodie Thayer for Tory Burch — lettuce dinnerware
- Google’s new female CFO
- Amazon in talks to acquire Net-a-Porter.
- Baggu posted production videos on their Instagram! I never knew their factory was in China, but it doesn’t make a difference to me. (One, Two, Three, Four)
- Salt therapy for the sickly.
- Lilly Pulitzer x Target drops April 19.
- I love Emily Henderson and some of her Target picks. I’ve been staying away from Target for the last few months… Resistance is futile.
- Marc by Marc Jacobs to be discontinued. This is sad news for me as a fan of their ballet flats and clothing (on sale only). Although I have lost interest since I stopped browsing.
- If you case you haven’t heard, Target’s new return policy is one year!
- I can’t remember the last time I professed love for Banana Republic, so the new lower Fifth Ave, Marissa Webb-blessed flagship merits a visit. Dough is nearby :)
- I detest inefficient browsing. Enter Netflix God Mode. I usually add to my queue on the desktop. (PSFK)
- How long it takes to binge watch a show. (via Apartment Therapy)
- I’ve also been on a TV detox, but can’t wait to dig into:
- Mad Men, last season (AMC)
- Orphan Black, starting April 18 (BBC US)
- Grimm, returns (NBC)
- Call the Midwife, Mr. Selfridge, Wolf Hall (PBS)
Steven Alan is the first to sell Clare Vivier’s new collab with & Other Stories. It officially launches on & Other Stories and in their NYC store on March 5th. The collection is also available at the Steven La Brea and Nolita stores. The collection is punchy and begging for warm weather. What do you think?
P.S. Some of Clare V’s non-collab items are on sale.
After the recent bout of 90F days, I’m looking forward to autumn weather. I’m really loving the new arrivals at Uniqlo.com (read: fresh new stripes!). The new Ines de la Fressange collection is in as is a fresh batch of Ultra Light Down. Uniqlo.com sells out fairly quick of the “good stuff”, so I always make it a point to check the website since it’s a drag to go to the store (but I might do that at some point for the blazers). I’ve never had any issues with ordering from Uniqlo.com. In general, their products are very well-priced, especially for the quality, and classic. I have no qualms paying full price since I get so much wear out of anything I keep. I also love how each product has specific measurements for each size, though I wish they had more measurements. Returns are also easy. If you have easy access to the USPS, the return label fee is about $7 (consistent with other retailers) which is like a roundtrip subway fare + a couple dollars. As a HUGE fan of the Ultra Light Down line, I’m super excited to try on the down wrap coat (center pic). This line sells out pretty fast, especially when the weather gets colder, so if you like something, don’t wait too long. If you’re petite, check out the girls/boys collection (which I find sells out even faster than the adult styles since there are less styles). Sometimes I also shop from the men’s HeatTech section, but in general, it’s not curve-friendly.
Continue reading “to shop / uniqlo fall/winter 2014 (including ines de la fressange)”
Image source: Banana Republic
Roland Mouret x Banana Republic is live for cardholders today. Meaning, you will not get any results if you search for it on the site, but you should be able to access it through these links. Most of the collection looks quite nice, comes in some natural fabrics (no poly), and there are tall/petite sizes. No codes for this collab but if you have any from joining their e-mail list or from an apology email (which happens when something you order goes OOS), those should work!
Continue reading “to shop / roland mouret for banana republic”