FYI, Everlane is currently Pop-In@Nordstrom.
I am a fan of the idea of Alex Mill, by J.Crew’s Mickey Drexler’s son. Most pieces are simple, a little boxy, and certainly too simple to pay full price. Nordstrom has some items on sale; I kept the balcamaan jacket and textured dot shirt.
COS dainty earrings on my list.
Ann Taylor seamed ponte side zip leggings may be my new go-to. I prefer the side zip and higher waist vs pull ups (like the new Spanx perfect pant line).
Clare V‘s new Fall 2019 collection, eyeing…
- The Mirabel crossbody. Large enough to hold a mini umbrella (important criteria). This one is larger than the midi (which I’ve never tried) and the opening is wider. It looks lightweight. Being able to change bag straps is also a plus.
- The Tropezienne (the OG and my favorite CV style) is back, unlined, with long handles for shoulder carry, and in three colors. The glossy ‘old fashioned’ vegetable tanned leather is the most substantial CV leather. Previously reviewed here and mentioned in one of my first posts ~10 years ago.
Have you seen the metallic Baggus?? Bronze is my favorite.
Apolis polka dot custom bags. Also featuring CV chic.
Heath Ceramics seasonal winter bud vases
Images from respective retailers
I really like the aesthetics of Sophie Bille Brahe. Even if I could save a little bit from shopping from European sites, the prices are still too high for a trendy style I’m not guaranteed to love and the SBB earring prices are for a single earring.
Enter Pinterest which shows your similar images and reminded me that affordable alternatives were feasible. I first found a Korean brand (CRANNE), but the prices were still a bit high and it’s hard to make a return to Korea. Eventually I found Ross-Simons and these pearl crawlers (3-6.5mm cultured pearls and 14k backing) for less than 10% of the SBB earrings. (I almost bought these on Etsy but prefer shopping within the US + return policy.) This is my second pair of crawlers — the first pair I got in a Shanghai boutique eventually broke, another reason not to spend too much on crawlers.
Some of my pearl earring collection…
(Left) I got the Chanel earrings as a birthday gift to myself at duty-free years ago and slightly regret not getting something bigger.
(Right) This pair is also from Ross-Simons. I like the front-back look and this pair makes it very easy to put on. You can easily wear the top pearl on its own if you have extra backings. Overall they are much bigger and I wouldn’t mind finding a daintier version in cultured pearls.
(Background) I’m also a big fan of the Muji acrylic storage and velour inserts, which has helped immensely with organizing and centralizing my jewelry.
What I bought in the second round. The anniversary sale ends on Sunday.
(1) Fresh Eye Cream. I recently read that wrinkles take 6 years to surface. Maybe I should be more diligent with using eye cream (I have not been)… As I mentioned last time, the Nordstrom anniversary sale has a ton of beauty deals and gifts with purchase (gwp), which in my opinion is the best time to buy beauty products in lieu of a site-wide 20-25% off. I get really excited when you can stack gwps for a brand like Fresh since they normally are not that generous with deluxe samples. I got the Fresh Creme Ancienne eye cream, and with it came 7 minis (along with 5 beauty samples from Nordstrom).
- The 5 minis on the left are auto-added with any $125+ Fresh purchase ($83 value).
- The 2 minis on the right above the eye cream are through code DMFRESH (exp unknown) for a $50+ Fresh purchase ($60 value). If you don’t care for these minis, you can get an 17 piece sampler with code DEALMOON (exp unknown) with any beauty/fragrance purchase over $125. You can see its details once you add the code at checkout.
(2) Cubic zirconia stud earrings. I want a pair of diamond studs, but I’m not sure how much I want them. So, these are a low stress experiment to avoid a financial regret! They also come in other sizes.
(3) Gehwol foot cream. I love everything from this German brand.