A lot of end-of-season sales coinciding with the long weekend. After some handbag purchases, I went with a more practical purchase of a memory card to expand my Macbook Pro storage…
Uniqlo – Free shipping, no minimum. Still a lot of Liberty of London left. I really like this lightweight long cardigan.
Eaton Trading Company – 40% off most items. APC, Clare V, Karen Walker, Repetto, etc. Code HELLOSUMMER through 5/30.
Anthropologie – Additional 30% off sale
COS – 20% off $250+. Love their dresses, especially for warm weather.
Talbots – Additional 40% off one sale item, 50% off if more than one item. I like their shoes, accessories (for the price). I tend to strike out for pants and blazers, and do better for less coats and dresses.
J.Crew – 30% off most items. I think it’s safe to say that they’re making a comeback?
Gap/Banana Republic/Old Navy – I like these brands more in warmer weather than in cold for basic warm weather wear. BR also has some cute scalloped items – if only the search function worked. Old Navy – if you’re into the boho/white look, you’re in luck. Once in a while I find something that I love and for something white and light, ON sale pricing is great.
Ann Taylor – 50% off full priced items, 40% off sale. I’ve really been loving when their stuff! And it says something when stuff tends to sell out quickly at times with their frequent promotions. The stretch leggings (slash pants) are on clearance and I like them enough to have an assortment of lengths. The tall stretch leggings are the only one left in stock and have an inseam of 29.5″.
Steven Alan – 30% off most items, including Clare V and sale. Mansur Gavriel is excluded.
Nordstrom – half yearly sale is going on, however, I favor their anniversary sale.
Unison Home – Up to 70% off. Lots of throw pillows in various sizes on sale.
Rugs USA – Need a rug? Get 70% + 20% off sale with code MEM20 through June 6. If you’re the indecisive/hesistant to buy sight unseen, make sure you retain the plastic wrapping. A UPS pickup makes for a relatively easy return. If you’re near Long Island (where their warehouse is), returns are even cheaper.
Beautibi – 25% off with code MEMORIALTWENTY16 through 5/30. Taiwanese sheet masks, etc.
It’s Martin Luther King, Jr. Day on Monday, which means a long weekend (for me) and more sales on top of end-of-the-season sales.
- Amazon Prime (look for banner on top of page) is discounted from $99 to $73 for new subscribers through Sunday night in celebration of their awards at the recent 73rd Golden Globes Awards. I use Amazon Prime quite often for expedited shipping, Amazon Prime Music (download music offline and organize into playlists), Amazon Prime Video (download offline for the plane or I watch it like Netflix), Kindle lending library, etc. I also share free shipping with my mom and she loves the free shipping. Some existing subscribers have had success getting the discount through online chat with CS.
- Uniqlo has been having sales for a while (when do they not have a sale?). They are clearancing out their Carine collection and the Ines de la Fressange collection is mostly gone. Inventory fluctuates constantly. IDLF is mostly sold out but Carine still has a ton of stuff left – their blazers and coats (which I like the most out of the collection since I’m not a ruler) are a STEAL at ~$40 (75%+ off) each. And you can always return it if it doesn’t work out. The collection runs TTS to small.
- Anthropologie additional 40% off sale with code XTRA40.
- Clare V up to 30% off seasonal styles.
- Repetto (refer to my recent post)
Big Sur Coast
Due to user request, here is a round-up of current end-of-the-year sales! I’m keeping this post to 30 minutes and under ;)
- I can’t remember the last time Uniqlo did not have a sale and a site-wide code posted on top of their mainpage. I really like their new arrivals. Like this parka, their mariniere striped top, striped dress, I also like this fleece blanket that can be converted to a cape (that sold out while I was posting…). Carine is on clearance.
- Everlane has a choose your own price sale. The lowest price covers their cost. I’ve never purchased from Everlane, but read good things about it.
- Somme Institute has 40% off site-wide with code LASTCALL.
- Not a sale but if you’re looking for an oversized 2016 Stendig calendar, they are pretty much sold out in the US. But you can find it here or here.
- Anthropologie has 25% off sale with code TAGTIME.
- I really like this robe (that is selling out quickly) and funnel neck activewear jacket from Old Navy.
- 40% off sale at Madewell and J.Crew.
- Up to 50% off at COS for women’s and men’s. I already ordered from here =P
- Japanese Fog Linen is having a sale.
- Gorgeous handbags and accessories on sale at Roztayger.
- Lots of goodies on sale at Korean beauty Memebox. Get 20% off with my referral link. (I’ll have to do a more thorough review later on my recent purchases…)
- IKEA also has some great storage sales going on. If you don’t have IKEA Family membership, sign up for it… we need to swing by to get a price adjustment this weekend! 90 days price adjustment for FAMILY members.
Happy New Year! I’m haven’t been in the biggest of shopping moods and being away from the computer has helped. I’ve been stalking J.Crew every morning for sale popbacks (and they didn’t have the greatest year so that pesky final sale is not back yet!). I happily resold a number of things on eBay right after Christmas through this week and am motivated to organize more things to sell.
Over the holidays, I used my Clare V black basketweave simple tote (similar) with my gold Clare V clutch (which was taken out of circulation for months). The simple tote is one of their sturdiest bags and can accommodate a ton.
A few good sales, ordered in my level of interest/variety:
- The Outnet. 50% off a ton (they carry prior season Net-A-Porter). If you’re a CV fan, it’s a must click.
- Piperlime. Up to 30% off everything. Hint: Gap Inc applies discounts to each item, so if you return something and dip below the $350 minimum for the max 30% discount, it shouldn’t affect what you keep.
- Anthropologie. 25% off sale with code INAFLURRY. Expiration unknown.
- Roztayger. 25% off sale with code EXTRASTRENGTH through Sunday night!
- Steven Alan
- W Concept. 30% off everything with code NEWYEAR through Friday 1/9 6pm ET.
- MILLE. 25% off sale with code NEWYEAR2015. Expiration unknown.
- Neiman Marcus
- Saint Cloud
Originally published October 26, last updated on November 23.
It’s the last quarter of the year — time for retailers to finish strong and for some, time to start holiday shopping. If you’ve been on your best shopper behavior and have been waiting for the right promotions, now is the time to pounce. If you haven’t, well, too bad!
Here’s a running list of discounts that may interest you. Unless indicated, these discounts are for online only. Please use my eBates referral if you don’t have an account already ;). Like the wind, eBates cashback percentages are subject to change. I also only post discounts that interest myself or my known audience, or ones that I don’t miss; this is in no means a comprehensive list. If you’re in NYC, check Racked for the latest sample sales. I typically do not post about them until after the fact.
- Banana Republic & Gap. Check their main page and Facebook page – I’ve been getting 25% – 35% off banners. Order through eBates for a hefty 10% back.
If you’re a Gap cardholder, check your mail. I got a 40%/60% coupon for the Nov 20 weekend.
- J.Crew. Currently there is an 25% off $150 promotion (not limited to sale items). I expect them to have another one before the year is over. 30% off everything would be even nicer! 4% back via eBates.
- Madewell. 20-30% off and free shipping. See main page for details. Through 11/27. 4% back via eBates.
- Urban Outfitters. 10% off almost everything. Code: PARTY. Exp 12/23/11. Free shipping over $50 (free shipping on everything through 11/29/11). 2.5% back via eBates.
- Ricky’s NYC. 20% off. In stores and online. Code: BEAUTIFUL20. The beauty and hair supply store.
- Kiehl’s. $20 off $65+. Code: HOLIDAY. Exp 12/31. 4% back via eBates.
- Karmaloop. 20% off, free shipping, and $10 off for $100+ orders. They have Melissa shoes… 2.5% back via eBates.
- Pretty Mommy. 25% off for $150+. Code: vip. Great selection of Clare Vivier.
- Shopbop. Tiered savings of 20% – 33% off, depending how much you spend. If you spend $1500, you get $500 off, for an effective discount of 33% off. If you return items, they typically will let you keep the 33% off. They now carry some Clare Vivier clutches as well as Madewell and Club Monaco. Oliver Peoples and Tom Ford sunglasses too. Too bad they don’t have Proenza bags. Added 11/23. Expiration unknown.
- Sultra. Huge discounts on the The Wicked wave and straight and The Slim Luxe irons! $100 off and 75% off, respectively.
- Net-a-porter’s secret sale. An additional 50% off the listed items. Personally, the only item I find worth your while is the Comme des Garçons polka dot embossed leather wallet. Their leather accessories are divine and last forever. I rarely see them discounted for over 30%! Use code FACEBOOK for the additional discount. Expiration unknown, but check their FB page.
- Land’s End Canvas. 30% off and free shipping through the link. Through 11/28.
- American Eagle Outfitters. 40% off and free shipping. Code: 72429831. Through 11/26. 2.5% back via eBates.
- Shu Uemura. 20% off and free shipping. 11/24 through 11/29. Code: WISH2011. 5% back via eBates.
- YSL Beauty. 20% off and free shipping. Through 11/26. Code: CYBER. 4% back via eBates.
- Nars. 20% off on $50+. Code: CorpThanks2011. Through 11/30.
- Barnes & Noble. 50% off one gift item (includes Moleskines!) with code D7E4M3E through 11/29. 30% off one item with code E7U4N9X through 11/28. Works great with their trial membership (which has free express shipping on all items). You cannot combine codes.
The summer sales are on its last legs.
Photo credit: Jcrew.com, Theory.com, and Gap.com
- J.Crew currently has 40% off sale items and free shipping on any order, which is pretty much unheard of.
- Not all sale items are final sale – check your cart to see if there is a final sale notation. Even if it is final sale and you’re not happy, try your luck returning in stores. Be honest. I usually return items at the J.Crew near my office. The manager there processes my online returns often, so the second time I asked to return a final sale item, he offered credit (which works online too). It’s better than nothing and I shop there often enough.
- They refresh their inventory every day. I won’t tell you when… but if there’s something you thought you missed out on, keep on checking and have fast fingers!
- If you are wondering how something fits, google “exact item name” + j.crew review. You can also try “exact item name” + jcrewaficionada. More often than not, something will pop up.
- Theory has an 70% off sale on their website (and I’m sure it’s in stores too, but hey, I’m lazy and like non-store handled merchandise). I was drooling over the blue Landon blazer in regional fabric for a while. I saw it at the outlet in Woodbury in the wrong size, so I was ecstatic that they marked prices down this much on their website. The sale is final sale, so luckily I have a sense of what my Theory size should be from prior experiences.
- For the longest time, the pants that match the blazer were sold out in my size. I even called their fabulous CS, who has the ability to search inventory across all retail stores and outlets, and was told it was sold out and that they weren’t going to have much new inventory. So, imagine my surprise when my size popped back up. Moral – bookmark and check in periodically.
- I think they may be pulling the sale soon because all sale prices have disappeared from the website.
- Sometimes retail store final clearance sales are cheaper than outlet sales. If you are sad about missing the sale, Clothingline is hosting a sample sale for them soon (and their sister brand, Helmut Lang).
- Bergdorf Goodman is a subsidiary of Neiman Marcus. They share inventory (as in BG has a subset of what NM has and some BG-only items), but their sale promotions are not aligned.
- Sometimes items are significantly cheaper on one site. E.g. A Marc by Marc Jacobs’ dress is $114 on BG and $164 on NM (inclusive of their current 25% off sale promotion). If one site’s price drops dramatically, you can also ask CS to pricematch for you if you’re within a certain timeframe. Their online CS is very helpful, especially since I like to minimize human interaction ;)
- NM runs free shipping promotions way more often than BG. If you paid shipping on your BG order, and you wouldn’t have had to on NM, ask CS for a refund.
- If you like Spanish shoe brand Chie Mihara, Simplysoles is having a great sale. I’ve had the Chie Mihara Lara shoes bookmarked since my March Barcelona trip. It is unfortunate that many of the styles and colors on Chie’s website never make it stateside. A visit to the Chie Mihara outlet in Spain is on my list of to-dos…
- Gap is having 40% off promotions again (*shakes fist*). They were in-store for a bit (and may be again – signup for emails and their FB page to stay updated). I got a targeted email again for a 40% off online promotion.
- I love Gap for their workout gear, basics, and GapBody. (On a related note, I am also a fan of Old Navy’s new compression workout bottoms for the warmer summer months and there is currently a 30% off promotion – never pay retail at Gap/BR/Old Navy!.)
- They have been known to pull promotions before its official end-time, so don’t mull on your shopping cart too long. On the flip side, Gap stores don’t mind online returns because it doesn’t hit their store margins.
- More often than not, the online reviews steer you in the right direction. I love reading online reviews for anything I buy!
- Barneys was one of the first department stores to markdown. They refresh their inventory continuously but the updates have gotten less exciting. On the plus side, they have free shipping for any order… and 33% off Marc by Marc Jacobs designer moleskines.