I was out of town last weekend and last week was exhausting. My saturday six series is more difficult to maintain than I expected… Better late than never, right?
Six things from the last two weeks
(1) Tata Harper master class at Cap Beauty. The event was PACKED. Once the crowds subsided, I got to ask Tata a bunch of questions and try many products. I will be blogging details in a separate post.
Continue reading “weekends / saturday six (2016.03.12) (a day late!)”
(Image source: The Animal Print Shop)
- I’ve been following David Lebovitz‘s pastry blog for ages. His new iPhone app just relaunched and is only 99 cents. I got it even though I don’t have my next trip planned. There is tons of food p0rn!
- This recipe for the famous wings from Portland, Oregon’s Pok Pok look surprisingly easy.
- If you frequent Starbucks, I hope you have a loyalty card (which can be created from any gift card). I don’t go as frequently as I used to, but if you do, I highly recommend buying a discounted gift card. I’ve been a happy customer of Raise.com. They are legit and Starbucks gift cards sell on average for 20% off. Though $80 or even $100 sounds like a lot, Starbucks fans know that that doesn’t last very long. Raise.com has a ton of other retailers as well so it’s a nice, indirect way to get a discount on something that never goes on sale. Why pay full price when you don’t have to? (Note: I’ve never sold any gift cards through them and can’t comment on that.) New customers get $5 off orders over $50.
- Gilt City has a free 30% coupon for J.Crew Factory through September 14. It works on top of existing promotions but does have some fine print. In general, I’m not a fan of outlet quality but have really liked some of the J.Crew incarnations at Factory. You can find reviews if you Google, but often the Factory version is more wearable (whether it’s longer, in easier to maintain material) and the price isn’t bad. These Baggus (already on sale) are excluded from the promotion but are still a great find! These jewelry trays are cute.
- Love the new Clare Vivier spot design. Especially this Margot tote and this pouch. If she ever did a collab with Baggu…
Continue reading “general / brain dump”
Folks, irenelikes is now on Instagram. I have posted one measly photo so far but promise to share more in the very near future. I felt inspired to open another Instagram account after the La Perla NYFW presentation took over my feed multiple times thanks to IG-ers like luckymagazine and glossybox_US (omg, check out the La Perla nails). I have a personal account which will stay personal for obvious reasons. Since I’m somewhat obsessive about the flow of traffic of my inbox, feeds, etc., I figured this was the perfect opportunity to start a public instagram for irenelikes and remove all non-personal/super-interesting-need-real-time-update IG accounts from my feed.
Come find me.
P.S. Instagram really needs to come up with an app to post to multiple accounts…