I made three boot purchases this winter season. The J.Crew Chelsea Boot was the one of them. I tried both my normal size and half a size down. I have wider feet (but not officially wide) and liked my normal size more with thin socks. The heel is a little over an inch and very comfortable. It also comes in two other shades of brown, but I’ve always been more of a black boot person. I got them for a great sale price in-store and am very happy with the purchase. Otherwise, I was keeping an eye on & Other Stories for Chelsea boots.
Net-a-Porter has marked down the entire J.Crew x Net-a-Porter collection (and many other things like these Comme des Garcons wallets and APC crossbody bags). If you like the boatneck tee in dotted stripe in pink (previously blogged about in blue), it’s 30% off and free shipping. (Still full price on J.Crew and excluded from most codes.)
I’m not sure when the J.Crew x Net-a-Porter stripe-happy collection launched on jcrew.com, but I’m quite loving the look of the boatneck tee in dotted stripes in blue (NAP only had a pink colorway). And strangely this top is less than $18 (from $40) today with code WARMSTYLE. I’m not sure if it’s an accidental sale, how the top truly runs, or is it hand wash (NAP page) or machine wash (J.Crew), but hey, it’s not final sale! I also have other dotted stripe top recommendations below.
(1) If you’re the right size, this exquisite lace sheath dress from J.Crew Collection is marked down lower at Net-a-Porter (where it’s called Cadenza guipure lace dress). Y’all know I love lace!
(2) I’m going with the more casual dress code these days and ordered a few of the J.Crew Washed Cotton Trench Coat. I saw it in a store after I placed my order and am glad I sized up. It is lightweight (which a lot of negative reviews complained about) and is exactly what I was looking for.
Image source: J.Crew
Image source: Bloomingdale’s
- Bloomingdales 20% off Friends and Family kicked off. As I mentioned here, if you want the old Planetes (or anything from Longchamp), this is your best bet! For those who are unfamiliar with department store blanket sales, there are a ton of exclusions. Look for the ‘FRIENDS & FAMILY’ under the item name. The sale goes through November 17. Use your Chase Freedom card for another 5% off!
- For those on the West Elm email list, 20% off any item. Today only. Check your email. I think the code is unique.
- 40% off sale items at J.Crew. The best part? It’s not final sale (and I don’t expect final sale to return until late December)! I’m checking out this silk dress (that’s a whopping 86% off), this skirt, and this blazer. Havaianas and some RMS that I wrote about previously are available as well.
- If you’re shopping for your guy, Bonobos is 25% off $175+. Too bad that Amex offer expired.
- Neiman Marcus (and their contemporary sister, CUSP) has $50 off $200 or $100 off $400 for the next two days. There are a ton of exclusions but Longchamp and Clare Vivier does work! Similar to Bloomies, look for the ‘November Dollar Off Event’ for qualifying items.
- Brooks Brothers is still having a sale and if you have an Amex, check your offers for a $30/$150 offer.
- Piperlime has 40% off final sale and 30% off sale through today. I also have some 20% off codes for non-sale merchandise (email me!).
- And this isn’t a sale but worth mentioning. Fans of the Mansur Gavriel bucket bag, Forever 21 has a convincing knock off. I never got a MG bag because I hate the thought of worn corners (and this should be fixed by their upcoming tumbled leather line. I bet this non-leather version is much more durable!
- Lucky Magazine’s deal of the day has select Spanx styles for 50% off.
Who else loves Havaianas? J.Crew has a bunch of slim styles in normal colors on sale. I used to live in these gold ones before my foot decided to hate flip flops and I realized how gross NYC streets are. Now they are for a quick trip to the nail salon.
- Havaianas® for J.Crew stripe flip-flops (J.Crew Exclusive)
- Women’s Havaianas® slim flip-flops (Black, blue, silver, gold)
- Havaianas® slim flip-flops (Yellow, orange)
- Kids’ styles
P.S. There are a few RMS Beauty products on sale, but the Living Luminizer is not included.
(1) There was a frenzy a while back and this Love Sam lace blouse sold out. But, then Shopbop restocked and Anthropologie got it too. It’s a copy of Etoile Isabel Marant’s Garbo blouse from last summer. I don’t have the appetite for Etoile Isabel Marant prices, so this will suffice. It is on the shorter side and runs big. It’s super breezy for hot summer days. It comes in black as well on Shopbop, but it’s too dark for the summer!
(3) My favorite proper striped boatneck mariniere is from Uniqlo (second would be Petit Bateau!). Warning, it runs big and is a heavier cotton so it’s not for hot weather. I have two from a few years ago and they both have held up very well. Sidenote: If you get your hands on the Airism slip, it’s fabulous for hot weather. It’s hard to find though – sold out super fast in the US and I didn’t even see it in HK/Singapore.
Image source: J.Crew
J.Crew has a well curated selection of items from other brands which is found under the “J.Crew in Good Company” category. At least when it comes to beauty and personal care, I consider many of these classics that you’d never find on sale. Since J.Crew regular price promotions never apply to third party brands, I always wait for J.Crew to markdown first… promotions on sale items almost always includes the other brands. Through tomorrow, get 30% off sale items with code SHOPSALE and these items are not final sale yet. Post code, it’s close to 50% off. If you miss this sale, don’t fret… I think J.Crew has a lot of summer inventory to get rid of judging by the frequent 30-40% off sales. In-store prices may be better.
The J.Crew schoolboy blazer that I posted about two weeks ago is still on sale with an additional 40% off and it’s not final sale. And the navy blazer’s petites and talls are now also on sale. I got the regular size, but need to get the petite. I’m pretty much always a petite in J.Crew blazers. Scroll down for more details.
Image source: J.Crew
Use code DEPTOFSALE to get the price above. Despite it being advertised for 40% off final sale styles, it’s good on all sale items. If a sale item is final sale, there will be a “FINAL SALE” sign before you add it to your cart and next to the item in your cart.