It’s Martin Luther King, Jr. Day on Monday, which means a long weekend (for me) and more sales on top of end-of-the-season sales.
- Amazon Prime (look for banner on top of page) is discounted from $99 to $73 for new subscribers through Sunday night in celebration of their awards at the recent 73rd Golden Globes Awards. I use Amazon Prime quite often for expedited shipping, Amazon Prime Music (download music offline and organize into playlists), Amazon Prime Video (download offline for the plane or I watch it like Netflix), Kindle lending library, etc. I also share free shipping with my mom and she loves the free shipping. Some existing subscribers have had success getting the discount through online chat with CS.
- Uniqlo has been having sales for a while (when do they not have a sale?). They are clearancing out their Carine collection and the Ines de la Fressange collection is mostly gone. Inventory fluctuates constantly. IDLF is mostly sold out but Carine still has a ton of stuff left – their blazers and coats (which I like the most out of the collection since I’m not a ruler) are a STEAL at ~$40 (75%+ off) each. And you can always return it if it doesn’t work out. The collection runs TTS to small.
- Anthropologie additional 40% off sale with code XTRA40.
- Clare V up to 30% off seasonal styles.
- Repetto (refer to my recent post)
Continue reading “to shop / 2016 MLK weekend sales”
Quick reviews and current sales:
- Anthropologie cardholders: Check your e-mail. 20% off this weekend! And if you’re not a cardholder, what are you waiting for? It’s free and you can still signup for the discount.
- Madewell. 20% to 30% off almost everything through Monday.
Facial sunscreens (l to r, clockwise):
- Mizon Ultra Wonder Power Jelly Sun SPF 35 PA++. 100 ml (3.38 fl oz) tube. Purchased from the Peach and Lily sample sale. The sale was chaotic and skincare sold out really fast. I managed to find 3 tubes of these after walking around and looking for cast-offs. After finding out that it was $10/per tube at the cashier, I left with 2 of the 3 since I was buying sight unseen with no reviews. Overall, I like it. It has a light gel consistency, is moisturizing (hyaluronic acid and trehalose), but you have to be careful not to use too much or it leaves your face super shiney and is harder to absorb fully. Despite it being a physical sunscreen (titanium dioxide), there is no white cast. I also use it on my neck, hands, and arms. The PA rating system is from Japan and addresses UVA only. The PA++ rating indicates that this has moderate UVA protection. I’m not sure if I would go out of my way to find this, but it’s a nice size/consistency for $10. Continue reading “to pamper / spf update (mizon, eltamd, mentholatum, dr. wu)”
Image source: Soko Glam
I eagerly await Lucky Magazine’s Lucky Breaks every day, and yes, I must say… the newly launched Lucky Shops is very pretty and I get less errors than I used to. Today’s is not bad — Soko Glam is offering 50% off these select items with code luckydaily4. I couldn’t help myself and got the Banila cleanser (sensitive skin edition), the CLIO eyeliner, and the MISSHA First Treatment Essence Mist (which, based on the very little internet intel, is a diluted version of the popular essence, in case you couldn’t guess). Can’t. Get. Enough. Hydration. Free shipping for orders $50+ (and I’m not sure if that’s for pre-code).
Peach and Lily is discounting everything that was in their Seoulcialite beauty box by 30%! So if you missed out on the box, only wanted one item, and/or need to restock, 30% off is better than no discount! I love the Banila Co. Clean It Zero cleansing balm which is a solid oil-based cleanser that melts upon application. Perfect for travel! I’ve also been using the Cremorlab cream (yikes, had no idea it retailed for that much). Sale ends next Sunday.
From their mailing list: