I was out of town last weekend and last week was exhausting. My saturday six series is more difficult to maintain than I expected… Better late than never, right?
Six things from the last two weeks
(1) Tata Harper master class at Cap Beauty. The event was PACKED. Once the crowds subsided, I got to ask Tata a bunch of questions and try many products. I will be blogging details in a separate post.
- 20% off $50+ at Birchbox with code MOBILE20 on full sized items. They finally restocked on Dr Jart!
- End of the season sale on Longchamp! Up to 65% off at Nordstrom, Bloomingdales (check your email for Mystery money) less exciting sale at Neiman Marcus, 20% off at Longchamp.com.
- 40% off one full priced item at Eaton Trading Company with code ONE. Today only. They have APC, Karen Walker, Repetto…
Image source: Bloomingdale’s
- Bloomingdales 20% off Friends and Family kicked off. As I mentioned here, if you want the old Planetes (or anything from Longchamp), this is your best bet! For those who are unfamiliar with department store blanket sales, there are a ton of exclusions. Look for the ‘FRIENDS & FAMILY’ under the item name. The sale goes through November 17. Use your Chase Freedom card for another 5% off!
- For those on the West Elm email list, 20% off any item. Today only. Check your email. I think the code is unique.
- 40% off sale items at J.Crew. The best part? It’s not final sale (and I don’t expect final sale to return until late December)! I’m checking out this silk dress (that’s a whopping 86% off), this skirt, and this blazer. Havaianas and some RMS that I wrote about previously are available as well.
- If you’re shopping for your guy, Bonobos is 25% off $175+. Too bad that Amex offer expired.
- Neiman Marcus (and their contemporary sister, CUSP) has $50 off $200 or $100 off $400 for the next two days. There are a ton of exclusions but Longchamp and Clare Vivier does work! Similar to Bloomies, look for the ‘November Dollar Off Event’ for qualifying items.
- Brooks Brothers is still having a sale and if you have an Amex, check your offers for a $30/$150 offer.
- Piperlime has 40% off final sale and 30% off sale through today. I also have some 20% off codes for non-sale merchandise (email me!).
- And this isn’t a sale but worth mentioning. Fans of the Mansur Gavriel bucket bag, Forever 21 has a convincing knock off. I never got a MG bag because I hate the thought of worn corners (and this should be fixed by their upcoming tumbled leather line. I bet this non-leather version is much more durable!
- Lucky Magazine’s deal of the day has select Spanx styles for 50% off.
Updated February 28, 2021.
Image source: Bloomingdale’s
Some time over the late spring, Longchamp replaced the Planetes line with the Le Pliage Neo. I saw it at duty free and compared it to my own Planetes. The new line is glossier, satin like, less thick and stiff (not in a good way), and more casual – all of which I do not like. Planetes has always been my favorite line, so this is a bit upsetting. At first the new line looked appealing because the two smaller sizes come with a detachable shoulder strap, until you realize the strap is unadjustable. Though Planetes is going away, I’ve been using my large Planetes bag in black for 6 years and don’t plan on replacing it any time soon or hoarding another.
If you cannot live without yours, best stock up on another. You can check out the new Le Pliage Neo and decide for yourself whether you like it.
Image source: Nordstrom
In the U.S., you can find Longchamp at:
- Longchamp.com – Largest selection, but I find the website hard to navigate. Once I ordered during a sale and it took them weeks to recognize that an item was out of stock.
- Nordstrom – Free shipping and amazing customer service. Participates in seasonal sales. Good photos of bags on models.
- Bloomingdales – Free shipping typically for orders over $150. Participates in seasonal sales. Sometimes it is excluded from sitewide promotions/friends and family discounts.
- Neiman Marcus – Generally free shipping (look at the top of the page) and is included in discounts/promotions.
- Saks Off Fifth
- Nordstrom Rack
And you can definitely expect cost savings if you buy it in France and meet the tax refund minimum.