I was out of town last weekend and last week was exhausting. My saturday six series is more difficult to maintain than I expected… Better late than never, right?
Six things from the last two weeks
(1) Tata Harper master class at Cap Beauty. The event was PACKED. Once the crowds subsided, I got to ask Tata a bunch of questions and try many products. I will be blogging details in a separate post.
Continue reading “weekends / saturday six (2016.03.12) (a day late!)”
Mansur Gavriel just showed their new collection at NYFW on Monday. Pre-ordering for the collection is now live at Moda Operandi. Orders require a 50% deposit. I find this collection’s bags to be less minimalistic than their current designs despite some of the recycled styles. I’m not getting anything, are you?
Images: Moda Operandi
I’ve been using the Mansur Gavriel bucket in saffiano leather pretty often since I got it in late October. (Second runner-up is the APC textured half moon crossbody.) I also have reviewed the mini bucket in saffiano and mini lady bag in brandy; both were acquired after this bag.
What I really like about it:
- The simple design and almost invisible branding.
- It can fit a lot — including a work folder full of papers — and is great for traveling. I used it for a recent overnight trip and it fit my electronics, toiletries, and a change of clothing.
- The exterior saffiano finish is super durable. I can’t find any signs of wear. I rarely baby it — I wiped it down after a rainstorm (the umbrella was useless) and I wrap it in a regular Baggu nylon bag before I shove it overhead or under the seat on the plane. I don’t mind putting it on the floor in certain places (but would never do that with many bags).
- I hate zipping/closing bags in general. There’s comfort in its depth.
- It’s lightweight. I really hate when empty bags are heavy and excessive hardware.
- I can carry it comfortable on my shoulder and crossbody.
Continue reading “to shop / mansur gavriel saffiano bucket review”
Barneys pre-orders for their exclusive Mansur Gavriel saffiano buckets are open online! Not sure when they are shipping, but it’s reliable.