Image source: Neiman Marcus/Horchow
Horchow has a really beautiful curation of home goods. While most of their products are out of my price range and reserved for window shopping, they have some more affordable items that are included in their 25-30% sitewide sales… like their acrylic desk accessories. Anthropologie fans may have seen them before. Buuuut, don’t buy it from Horchow, buy it from Neiman Marcus.
Horchow is Neiman Marcus’ furniture brand (just like CUSP and Bergdorf Goodman are also owned by NM). While all these online sites have the same inventory, promotions and cashback/mileage mall-type deals can vary greatly. There is some inventory/promotional overlap between the sites and in this case, by buying from NM, you can get an additional 15% off for an overall 40.5% off discount (if you have a Chase Freedom card). If you do not have a Chase Freedom, keep on reading:
- 30% off sale – no code, good through Thursday night on NM.
- If you missed the NM sale, the Horchow sale runs through November 12 early morning.
- 10% cashback through Chase Ultimate Rewards Mall if you have a Chase Freedom, Ink, or Sapphire Preferred card and click through the mall’s NM link (you do not have to pay with the Chase card).
- If you do not have Chase, my favorite cashback site, eBates, is giving 8% back if you set up an account and click through their link.
- 5% cashback if you pay with a Chase Freedom card and enabled the Q4 bonus (Why wouldn’t you? Here’s the other Q4 retailers.);
You can also get free 2-day shipping and returns through ShopRunner. It’s similar to Amazon Prime, except they work with a bunch of retailers (many that I actually shop at!). If you’re an Amex cardholder, sign up for free (link) or get a free trial as an Amazon Prime member (link). Existing ShopRunner members can also share their account privileges with household members (as with Amazon Prime) by sending out an invite from the account details interface.
Using mileage malls and cashback are a second nature to me. I shop mostly online so it adds up to more than a day of “free lunch” or you can look at it as offsetting sales tax.
- If you’re thinking about Christmas presents, some of the items are backordered until January.
- Prices vary slightly between Anthropologie and Horchow/NM.
- This “deal” doesn’t work on everything on Horchow and NM. E.g., Bric’s luggage. Bric’s is 30% off on Horchow (including the Bellagio style) but selectively on sale at NM.
- I’ve been able to ask NM for free shipping (pre-ShopRunner days) if Bergdorf’s had it and NM didn’t, but they wouldn’t let me pricematch between their sites.