What I bought in the second round. The anniversary sale ends on Sunday.
(1) Fresh Eye Cream. I recently read that wrinkles take 6 years to surface. Maybe I should be more diligent with using eye cream (I have not been)… As I mentioned last time, the Nordstrom anniversary sale has a ton of beauty deals and gifts with purchase (gwp), which in my opinion is the best time to buy beauty products in lieu of a site-wide 20-25% off. I get really excited when you can stack gwps for a brand like Fresh since they normally are not that generous with deluxe samples. I got the Fresh Creme Ancienne eye cream, and with it came 7 minis (along with 5 beauty samples from Nordstrom).
- The 5 minis on the left are auto-added with any $125+ Fresh purchase ($83 value).
- The 2 minis on the right above the eye cream are through code DMFRESH (exp unknown) for a $50+ Fresh purchase ($60 value). If you don’t care for these minis, you can get an 17 piece sampler with code DEALMOON (exp unknown) with any beauty/fragrance purchase over $125. You can see its details once you add the code at checkout.
(2) Cubic zirconia stud earrings. I want a pair of diamond studs, but I’m not sure how much I want them. So, these are a low stress experiment to avoid a financial regret! They also come in other sizes.
(3) Gehwol foot cream. I love everything from this German brand.
I looked at the Nordstrom anniversary sale a few days too late and know I already missed out on stuff I don’t really need. What’s nice about the anniversary sale is that they mark down Fall merchandise or what normally does not get marked down. The sale is open to cardholders through Thursday, July 20.
These days, I don’t workout often but I do love wearing Zella leggings on occasion, especially when flying. Zella is a Nordstrom house brand that I would buy at full price in black as it frequently sells out. I prefer high waisted over regular, black over blue, and midi over full length. The Keep it Cool leggings really do keep you cool — I could wear them in balmy Taipei weather. Also, if you need hemming, you get a $100 alterations allowance with the basic, fee-free Nordstrom card. I have yet to try it since I’m not super close to a Nordstrom.
‘Live In’ Midi Leggings (not on sale) | Live In High Waist Leggings | ‘Keep it Cool’ Crop Leggings
I also ordered some other stuff — the search function doesn’t work for showing anniversary items, you have to navigate through the anniversary sale menu. I did some restocking. If you’re a fan of J.Crew or Madewell, they are included in the sale. There are a ton of beauty deals (including lots of gadgets). I prefer to buy electronics through Nordstrom, so I highly recommend checking out the sale if you’re looking for e.g. a new Clarisonic.
Update: Back in stock at Sephora.com.
Originally Published on November 6, 2016
Another beauty deal — this Burberry Festive Box was launched for the holidays. Burberry packaging is gorgeous. It has one full-sized neutral eyeshadow in Pale Barley along with three minis. The eyeshadow alone runs $29 and this box is $35. The set launched on Sephora and soldout after restocking.
Now, it’s back in stock at Nordstrom, but I’m sure it won’t be for long!
There are always a few things you can expect every year from this Nordstrom sale — tons of beauty exclusives, activewear that is attractive and in normal colors, Nike, and an exclusive Longchamp le Pliage expandable bag. This sale is a blogger favorite. I’m a bit boring and am not into the trendy Fall items. Nor do I need more skincare for my face or makeup. Items do sell out during the early access/preview for Nordstrom cardholders, which is now through Thursday. I’ve had a Nordstrom card for over 10 years and have nothing bad to say about it. If you need alterations, you also get up to $100 in alterations.
My shopping list is short:
(1) Zella high waisted Live In leggings. I got a pair last year and love them. There is also a cropped version. The normal Live In ones are slim cut and don’t fit my derriere well.
I feel inundated with sales – and will post my favorites later.
For today only, Nordstrom is doing their annual (or is it biannual) mascara promotion. If you’re into department store mascara, buy 3 and get 1 of ’em free! I would partake if I had not loaded up on Japanese mascaras recently.
(Nordstrom also has their half yearly sale going on and they always overwhelm me. I don’t need anything but did notice a ton of Le Creuset on sale. I LOVE Nordstrom customer service and the always free shipping.)
Nordstrom‘s annual anniversary sale is now open to the public! I get much more excited by the skincare and beauty deals than clothes. Here are my faves (clockwise, l to r). Don’t forget about Nordstrom‘s amazing return policy and customer service.
I love lace and I also love this particular shade of blue. When I saw the Adrianna Papell Scalloped Lace/Kensington Dress for a decent price, I immediately scooped two of them up – one for me and one for my BFF. It is fully lined and comfortable enough for even the hottest of days. You can find it at Nordstrom under the Adrianna Papell label or at Coldwater Creek under their house label (which I’m convinced is made by Adrianna Papell). The price at CC is much better – it’s on sale (which is Nordstrom’s retail price) and an additional 40% off. If it’s sold out, check back daily for inventory updates. Nordstrom still sells it at full price, but has more sizes. Since it is A-line, you can size down for a slimmer fit. At 5’3″, it hits me above the knee, but had I had the opportunity to try on petite sizes, I may have gone for a petite length.
Nordstrom is also known for price matching other sites but since the CC dress is under another label, I don’t think that’d be a go.
I also saw the same style at Lord & Taylor in nude, but it disappeared quickly.
Sale updates below in italics!
I never saw reason to pay premium for the Diane von Furstenberg Zarita dress when Adrianna Papell executed it just as well. The Adrianna Papell lace overlay sheath dress in blush is currently 55% off at Nordstrom and Amazon for $71.10, and at Loehmann’s for $99.99 (regular, petite and look out for coupons). It runs short, true to size, and is pretty fitted but fully lined in a soft material. The back zipper makes it a bit inappropriate for the workplace, but it can be dressed up with a blazer and a belt.
It also comes in mauve (looks like blush…), navy (plus size, on sale), prussian blue (on sale, here and here), mint green (here and here), turquoise (here and here), white, and coral. Note that the inventory of sizes at all linked sites can change daily.
Now, if you still prefer the Diane von Furstenberg Zarita dress, or they have a color that AP doesn’t, there are a ton of non-classic colors at Saks Fifth Avenue that have been heavily discounted to 65-70% off. Many sizes/colors are sold out, but if you click on the “Choose Color and/or Size” and sign up for the waitlist for soldout colors/sizes, they actually email you if it comes back in stock!
Photo credit: Nordstrom.com
Every July, Nordstrom has an anniversary sale where they mark tons of upcoming items for the Fall (by 33%) and release exclusive items (also of good value). While there are many good “staples” on sale, 33% to me isn’t enticing enough for apparel. They also have Tory Burch flats and other somewhat coveted items, but their quality for exclusive items is arguable at times. In the past, I’ve picked up sunglasses. The cosmetics/skincare deals, on the other hand, are worth checking out. They have a nice La Mer set (which I read Evelyn Lauder uses every other week). You can pre-order this week if you are a cardholder (and get access to the full sale catalog!). Otherwise, prices go live on Friday. I took a browse and like the following items:
- Somme Institute Transport Pads. 100 pads for the price of 50! They are chock full of glycolic acid and great for bringing gunk to the surface. It took a while to finish up on my last batch and I wish I’d stocked up more. There is enough liquid in each pad to swipe your decolletage too. Another cheaper, high end drugstore brand I tried just didn’t compare. $58.