A quick check of my Amazon cart during lunch revealed that my current favorite daytime moisturizer with sunscreen, the Olay Professional Pro X Clear UV Moisturizer, has been slashed to $15ish* (make sure it says “Ships from and sold by Amazon.com”)! This is the cheapest I’ve ever seen. It retails for $33 and typically goes for $20+. I’ve been using it religiously since it came out (dethroning the prior favorite, Olay Complete Defense Daily UV Moisturizer. I have multiple bottles in circulation — one in the medicine cabinet and one by the front door to apply on my hands before I go out.
Whenever I buy Olay products, I also check the Olay offers page for rebates. Sure enough, there is a $15 off $50 rebate, and I can combine the purchases from other P&G brands from October with the sunscreen to meet the $50.
* Amazon prices are volatile and subject to change at any time.
I’m out of town for work this week and inadvertently packed a ton of Olay. I’m not super consistent with what I use, but tend to be more consistent in the colder months and this is what I quickly grabbed in my five minutes of packing. It’s no surprise — I love Olay products. They are consistently effective and so affordable, especially with rebates. Now that the weather has gotten chillier and windier, I like nothing more than to slather myself in creams and serums at night. There would’ve been an eye cream to add, if I didn’t just finish it.
Products, left to right:
- Olay Complete Defense Daily UV Moisturizer. I’ve been using this SPF moisturizer since 2005, at least 75% of the time, with short rotations to Murad and Shiseido. I’ve purchased this more times than any other facial product. That says a lot.
- Olay Professional Pro-X Exfoliating Renewal Cleanser. I currently have 3 other cleansers on rotation. I got this during my last Amazon Olay haul due to Slickdeals and positive reviews on MUA and Amazon. I didn’t feel like bringing my Clarisonic on this trip and this product has just enough scrubbing action. It is also travel friendly (not TSA) with a squeeze tube.
- Olay Regenerist Night Resurfacing Elixir. I posted about this before. I use this about 1-2 weeks a month for a week straight each time. I love to follow-up in the morning w/ the Clarisonic since the elixir should be loosening up any gunk in your pores.
- Olay Night of Olay Firming Cream. This is in the classic Olay color (pink) and scent, which I love. I slather this on my non-T-zone area, neck, decolletage, etc. Amazon sells it in a pack of 3 and was pretty cheap, in my opinion. Slather it on…
Continue reading “to pamper / can you say brand loyalty?”
Though I am blessed with Asian genes, I’m convinced that stress and lack of sleep wreaks havoc on my skin. My strategy is to prevent now. It’s easier (and cheaper) to prevent now than correct later.
One of my favorite skincare brands is Olay. Bigger company = bigger budget for R&D. I also don’t want to make my way to the higher-end products too fast. The products are relatively cheap so I liberally slather it on the face and décolletage area at night. And you can get it cheaper through promotions! Olay currently has a $20 off $50 rebate on their website for all Olay facial cleansers, moisturizers, and treatments purchased through January 31st. I’ve gotten rebate checks from them in the past, so they are legit.
Where to buy:
I usually buy Olay from Amazon because they sell below retail. Prices fluctuate; I add them to my cart and check back periodically. I also get free two-day shipping through Amazon Prime. If you don’t have Amazon Prime, shipping is free for purchases over $25. Costco would work too.