(1) New Balance 696 Reengineered Polka Dot Running Sneaker – I like polka dots. They come in navy or brown (looks very brown here but reads warm/burgundy to me). I found the brown ones on super sale and went with that, but won’t be using them as running shoes. Available on sale in very limited sizes at Urban Outfitters and Bloomingdales and in more sizes at Free People. I sized 0.5 size up.
(2) Old Navy Laser-Cut Peep-Toe Sandals. These have been semi-restocked. They run wide in the front and slightly long. I’m going to see if sizing down works. I love the delicate lace look but don’t intend for them to last past a season or two. Reasonable for $15 (on sale) and synthetic material. They come in gold, black, coral and white/nude. The nude is out of stock.
(3) My feet are craving some arch support. I haven’t worn Birks in a while (and actually sold my old ones), but it’s time to get some again. I’m not sure if I love these Arizonas in rose gold or white (too white!). You can find them at Urban Outfitters, Nordstrom, and Zappos. I sized down, but was on the border of going TTS and take the narrow width. I.e. I’m a US 8 and should be EU 39 but went with EU 38.
Two thumbs up to this faux suede moto jacket from Target’s ongoing Who What Wear collaboration. I held off on posting this for a few weeks because it was sold out online. It appears to be back in stock for most sizes. It looks like suede, is supersoft, and doesn’t come with the maintenance costs of real suede. Sizing is TTS (I take my J.Crew size). I layer it over this Uniqlo sweater in olive. It also comes in plus sizes. This jacket is pricey for Target. I got it on sale but would buy it at full price in a heartbeat. If you like shoes, make sure to check out the latest additions to this collab — most of it is too trendy for my taste.
This bright Merona red/blue plaid blanket scarf also gets a honorable mention. While a 100% acrylic scarf is far from luxurious, the price is great, it’s warm, and it has a red/blue plaid print that matches most of my outfits.
There are two stackable promotions right now: use code COLD through Thursday for 25% off (good for cold weather wear) and code STYLE through Saturday for $10-25 off if you purchase $50+ (applies to all clothing).
Image: Target, Who What Wear for Target Moto Jacket
Continue reading “to shop / 2016 fall moto jackets from target x who what wear & old navy”
This boho Old Navy Pleated Lace-Trim Crepe Swing Dress was a keeper in a recent Gap, Inc. order.
- It’s 100% cotton and super lightweight.
- It comes in white or black. (The white wasn’t flattering on me…)
- It’s sized for regular, tall, or petites. I went with tall for a longer length (the photo above is regular).
- It is lined. The straps and bottom hem are attached but it’s really easy to cut and detach the liner. My liner was twisting around but some of the others I tried on were fine and cooperative.
- Its retail is $40… but I got it on super sale with gift cards.
- The sleeves are a bit tight.
- I will wash it on delicate, cold and hang dry.
I love Old Navy‘s spring collection. It reminds me that bare legs and warmer weather isn’t too far away, and it is super affordable*. They tend to use breathable fabrics like cotton and rayon for warm weather styles, unlike some other lower cost brands that go heavy on polyester (*cough* F21). The quality isn’t amazing but it’s good enough — I have yet to see anything fall apart under multi-season use. Many items come in petite and tall sizing and are lined, which makes it work appropriate. My favorites so far are the dresses in the first row and the chambray shirt and sweater in the third row.
*There was a 40% off promotion last week for cardholders. The current promotion is 35% off for Old Navy and Gap with code DAYLIGHT through Monday, March 9, 11:59 ET. I’m a big Gap Inc. fan — the Gap credit card is totally worth it.
Ponte-knit tank dress (also in black), Eyelet dress in white, Maxi cami dress, Striped linen-blend dress (also in red)
Eyelet shirtdress (also in navy), Belted shirtdress (also in dot print), Ponte knit sheath dress, Eyelet dress in blue (also in white)
Sleeveless eyelet shirt, Mesh-knit sweater, Chambray boyfriend shirt (oversized, inky blue), Gauze eyelet top
Ankle strap sandals in black, white, neon yellow (not pictured)
Image source: Old Navy
DwellStudio Zebra pillow, babygap floral bear (similar), Gap Kids fur hat (similar for baby)
We went to Gap today with the intent to return, but ended up picking some odds and ends (’tis the season to buy baby presents!). It helps that there is a 50% off almost everything early Black Friday promotion (which a lot of places seem to be doing) and GapCash promotion going on. (This sale ends Sunday night. If you’re not a cardholder, it’s 40% off. You can always wait for next week if you miss it.) I really like teddy bears with no embellishments and babyGap has four styles: floral, plaid, rainbow stripes, and marled. Sadly there are no measurements online (note to Gap, please add measurements!) so I waited for an in-store visit. They are roughly 8 inches high. I also ended up getting this fur hat from the girls’ department. Surprisingly the L/XL size fit.
Old Navy has a 40% off sale online with code BIGDEAL. Some exclusions apply and it also ends today.
Continue reading “to shop / recent loves & 40-50% off gap and old navy”