- 70% off at Brooks Brothers’ Veteran’s Day Sale. The shoes are made in Italy and look divine (but you will need to get a rubber sole at the cobbler). ShopRunner friendly.
- 25% off this Target Threshold Tufted Bench in Beige and Gold. (Not sure when the sale ends, but it might be tomorrow.)
- 20% off some Orla Kiely x Target bags.
- 20% off Beauty.com. Ends Sunday. (I haven’t been a Sephora VIB member since 2012 — any VIB willing to send me a code?) ShopRunner friendly.
- 30% off most of the Repetto on Saks Fifth Avenue. Decent sale for classic/neutral colors. I bet prices will go down for Black Friday, but so will their inventory.
- 40-50% off Banana Republic if you’re on their mailing list through November 9. Otherwise, the public 30% off code is on their website.
- 40% off at Gap through November 10 with code FFCARD. I really like some of the stuff here (their designer is ex-COS), but haven’t had time to thoroughly peruse. Your purchase will also earn Gap cash!
- That 25-30% off Horchow/NM sale is still going on.
- 30% off Land’s End’s through November 11. I love their home section, especially their bathroom items – classic, quality, and simple.
- Up to 25% off at Asos. Click through for the code.
- 20% off and free shipping at Kohls if you use their credit card with code FALL20 through November 11. Non-cardmembers, use code THANKS746 for 15% off and free shipping. They usually have good deals on whatever they carry. I got my Nutribullet here last year (stacked with some Amex offers and Kohls coupons) and it ended up being much cheaper than Amazon. Their house brands for women’s are also pretty good, e.g. ELLE, Lauren Conrad, Apt.9. Juicy Couture and Elie Tahari are newer.
- Up to 40% off Talbots sale if you buy 2 or more sale items through November 11, 30% for one item. I’m currently stalking a leopard jacket.
- 20% off one item at monogram-friendly Mark & Graham is turning 2. Use code BIRTHDAY through November 10. I’ve always been intrigued by their bags. Some items are already discounted. They are owned by Williams-Sonoma, so gift cards from WS, Pottery Barn, and West Elm should work here. (P.S. If you want a monogrammed tote, also check out Cuyana. I visited their showroom last weekend and really liked their quality and prices.)
Ooh, the rest of the Orla Kiely x Target collection dropped and it’s travel-related. I really wish they took better photos. (Note, I got one of an Orla Kiely suitcase from Anthropologie ages ago and after one international trip, I re-sold it because it was too high-maintenance for me.)
Image source: Target
- I LOVE cauliflower and the cauliflower cake from Ottolenghi’s new cookbook, Plenty More, looks amazing. See the recipe here (via Serious Eats) and let me know if you attempt to make it!
- I need to try this cookie.
- This slow cooker osso buco recipe looks delicious.
- Doughnuts are a favorite. Here’s a list of a dozen donut shops to try in NYC. (If you’re a Dough fan, they are open in Flatiron!)
- Are you a Madewell fan? Here’s a little history on the brand.
- Oops – I misspoke in the last brain dump. Uniqlo’s big anniversary sale is still going on and there’s an additional $5 off $100 coupon. I went to the Paramus, NJ location last night to make a massive Urban Sweats return and checked out the +J collection while I was at it. I ended up loving the wool wrap coat and need a sale. By the way, the Paramus store may be my favorite area Uniqlo since they are not as crowded as the city ones and have its own entrance.
- Amex users, I hope you are taking advantage of Amex offers. It’s a little frustrating since offers come from different channels and aren’t always communicated and are sometimes targeted. I check my Amex offers tab online or through the Amex app every few days, I skim Slickdeals updates (through RSS), and my bff keeps me informed.
- NYCers, read on. You can get a $10 statement credit for each $50 spent at participating NYC retailers, up to three times! In the past, gift cards have qualified, but I will be poring over the terms before I take the plunge. Phone orders and online orders do not count. The retailers include B&H, Uniqlo!, and H&M. See the full list here. To get the offer, follow the Twitter syncing process, tweet #Amexshopny, and wait for a confirmation, or you can register directly here.
- How to make leather shoes last.