(1) I love bringing Suja Mighty Greens juice to work in a S’well bottle, since it stays chilled. The extra large bottle from Costco is reasonably cheap and it lasts us for a few days. We grab a few bottles every time we go to Costco. You can find the S’well bottles here and here. I have a 9 oz for juice and a 17 oz gold one for water, which always gets comments.
- I’m a big fan of Starbucks new mobile ordering.The Starbucks next to my office is notoriously slow and the building’s deli coffee is notoriously bad. In the morning, time and caffeine is of the essence. I don’t love Starbucks coffee, but this has won me over with the efficiency (and rewards program) bit. Getting enough signal to efficiently place an order on the app – still a work in progress.
- RIP Rib and Hull (soon). I got my order and both totes are beautiful although the carryall is huge. Leather lovers, check out what is left of their Heirloom collection!
What I’ve been up to: got over jetlag, been getting acquainted with my Macbook Pro (so pretty!), cooking (Japanese tuna mayo seen above), and planning a trip.
- Missed the Lilly Pulitzer x Target launch (fell asleep, the story of my life these days). Checked it out online and have no regrets. I’ve never been a Lilly person.
- Applied for a Schwab checking account since it’s fee free and no minimums — that includes free ATM usage and no foreign transaction fees. It comes with a free brokerage account.
- Strengthen your skin’s moisture barrier – and reduce your acne. I’ve always gone with what felt right – lower ph cleansers! (link)
- Innisfree ships to the US now and their prices are really good! Use code USA15 for 15% off regular priced items for orders over $50 (HT: fanserviced). Their It’s Real sheet masks are buy 10, get another 10 free (just like it was in Taiwan a few weeks ago, but I’m not sure if you can mix and match online). If you buy over $70, you get samples and free international shipping (which is worth a lot). I love their volcanic clay mask and love this new packaging for travel. I do not put them on the same level as the other Korean brands I use (Mizon, Cremorlab), but I do really like their masks. (Edit – the ladies at Reddit reminded me to tell you there may be customs fees.)
- Sephora is giving 10% off to Beauty Insiders (which is free) and 15% off to VIB and VIB Rouge members through Tuesday, April 21 with code BILOVE/VIBLOVE/ROUGELOVE respectively. I splurged for the Jurlique Rosewater Balancing Mist Intense, which I can’t find anywhere else. Had my eye on it for a while and used giftcards!
- Madewell has up to 30% off almost everything through Monday, April 20. Love some of their dresses.
- Ann Taylor has 50% off almost everything as well. I’m shocked at how fast some of their new arrivals flew off the shelves.
- I think Anthropologie‘s additional 20% off sale ends on Monday, April 20. I picked up some more Ruan Hoffman for the kitchen (vase pictured above is from a prior purchase). One of my favorite collections!
This SEPHORA FAVORITES Beauty Oil Essentials kit is super exciting! I’ve been a fan of cleansing and moisturizing oils for years, but the market only recently blew up in the US. This kit is a great way to try out many Sephora oils for face, body, lip, and hair. Sephora values the kit at $162 (I get approximately $150 when I calculate it based on full size products as seen below) and is priced at a fair $56 with free shipping. Hint: Enter code ALLUREMAG for a free 12 month subscription or follow the instructions to get $10 back.
For those who know me, I am slightly anal about SPF protection. I feel naked if I ever step out of the house in daylight without a hint of SPF on. Rays are present even when the sun isn’t shining. They say hands are the first to show sign of age since it is usually overlooked. For those of you who drive, despite slathering sunscreen on my hands, my former 3+ hour driving commute resulted in a tanner left hand. I’m so glad I no longer drive to work, but I still need to protect the hands.
I’m a huge fan of Sephora – great values, sets, return policy, and range of brands. I’ve been waiting for Sephora to restock on their Peter Thomas Roth Instant Mineral SPF 30 brush for ages. Isn’t it nice to know that the e-mail notification for restock actually works? I’ve been too lazy to check if the Sephora in my building carries it. This SPF brush is great for touching up your face during the day (because you really need to reapply throughout the day if you’re walking around), or to put on your hands. It goes on clear and is only $12! Sephora says it’s a $35 value and I will believe them (unlike Gilt).