Image source: Steven Alan
Steven Alan is the first to sell Clare Vivier’s new collab with & Other Stories. It officially launches on & Other Stories and in their NYC store on March 5th. The collection is also available at the Steven La Brea and Nolita stores. The collection is punchy and begging for warm weather. What do you think?
P.S. Some of Clare V’s non-collab items are on sale.
Current weekday bag rotation: Clare Vivier simple tote in black and the Longchamp Planetes Large Tote in black.
Prior weekday bag: Clare Vivier La Tropezienne in brown, long handled (the stock photo doesn’t capture the beauty of the caramel hues).
I tend to haul things back and forth from work, so if my purse isn’t big enough, a Baggu is called in. I save the high-end designer — I don’t like its presence in the workplace unless it is a low radar design — or vintage Coach for the weekend.
I love quality leather, much more than the label. I also don’t like hardware, bags that are heavy enough when empty, or gaudy logos. The Thanksgiving sales make these slightly more tempting than usual. Here are the ones I have my eyes on.
- I love small brands. This is from Warsaw, Rib and Hull’s Heirloom tote in black. It also comes in cognac brown and oxblood dark brown. The quality looks superb for the price. 25% off through November 26 with code BLKFRDY.
- Samuji is another small brand from Helsinki, and the leather of the unlined tote looks similar to Prada’s saffiano. 20% through November 26 with code CYBERW.
- I already have 3 of Clare Vivier La Tropezienne bags — two in brown (different handles) and one in black. I love the crispness of the white as well and am biding my time. 15% off through 12/17 with GIFT15.
- On the weekends, I like to carry minimal items while I run errands. The Steven Alan Lilly bag looks perfect for that. And it’s in oxblood! 15% off through 12/17 with GIFT15.
- There’s something charming about the Clare Vivier leather duffel in red. It’d look even better monogrammed in gold (see Clare’s blog). In the back of my head, I much prefer the Sofia Coppola for LV, but that is at a much higher price. 15% off through 12/17 with GIFT15.
This last batch is for YSL. Much more aspirational.
- I like the design of the ChYc logo on the smaller bags: Black Y Satchel.
- I particularly love the leather of the Red Y Satchel. It is similar to the Prada saffiano and looks very durable. I’m not sure why more ChYc products didn’t have this leather?
- This classic duffle 6 bag is from Hedi Slimane’s new handbag collection. It was first sighted on Gwyneth.
But, I don’t really need any more bags, do I?
I’m pretty obsessed with French label, Petit Bateau. They’re having a secret sale and their classic mariniere is 70% off! You can also check out the rest of the sale here. There are plenty of deeply discounted items for baby, kids, and women. PB is one of my favorite brands to gift for friends with babies.
Some other sales to note:
- Steven Alan’s online sample sale is ending tonight. They restocked since pre-sale and day 1.
- ISAAY has a 70% off section, including Inhabit cashmere. You cannot stack the discount with any vouchers. It is a little stale, in my opinion, but you may find something you like!
- Refinery29 Shops has a $50 for $100 Club Monaco online credit offer going on. Limit 2 per person. Expiration unknown, but it may sell out soon.
I have been too lazy to sit down for proper non-sale blogging and have even been too lazy to browse sales. Until last night. One thing led to another and I got back in full browsing mode. There are good sales right, but not at its peak yet. Saks’ Repettos are still over $140. Pradas are getting fairly cheap. Ferragamo has a good sale but I missed out on my sizes :( And a pair of pretty classic Valentino bow pumps are almost 50% off and in my size only. Err… good thing I’m saving money. In looking through my blogroll, I picked up on this week’s Steven Alan and Anthropologie sales.
Steven Alan’s biannual sample sale is online only this time. Free shipping with code UNRSS12 (thanks, unruly things)! They have a bunch of nice stuff. I only splurged on a boyfriend shirt (and have no idea how it will fit). There are also tons of classic ballerinas by Anniel on sale for $99 for a wide range of colors. Sizing is TTS, so if you’re an 8, go for 38. The Keds are also cute, but an unpractical color.
Anthropologie usually does markdowns on a weekly basis, but the amount of markdowns every week vary. It’s also quite easy to monitor what you like goes on sale with the ‘save for later’ and ‘save to wishlist’ options. I like Leifsdottir’s silky red Catalyst Wrap Blouse at $39.95 (originally $188); LeifNotes’ Westwood Skirt with eyelet detail at $19.95 (originally $148); and LeifNotes’ Dot-Gleam Dress at $29.95 (originally $188). Looks like the Leif-lines had the most striking markdowns this week. And you really shouldn’t pay retail for any of it, because it’s pretty overpriced, in my opinion.