If you’re a member of the free American Express membership rewards program, you can redeem points instantly for Gap/Old Navy/Banana Republic gift cards through their iPhone app for use in-store or online. I don’t see any discounts right now, but Gap regularly has 15-30% off codes on their website. Most codes are broadcast that way. If you have a giftcard for Gap/ON/BR, it works on any of the 3 brands as well as Piperlime or Athleta.
Gap is a total stripe or dot lover’s paradise right now. I think it’s a bit too much; not every item creates the same level of excitement.
Images from Gap.
(Left to right, top to bottom)
(Left to right, top to bottom)
I regularly visit Forever21 online. They restock daily during the week and the good stuff can sell out within a day. The perks of shopping online is pretty immaculate merchandise, no lines or piles to dig through, reviews, FULL refund for mailed back returns, and sometimes free magazine subscriptions. I consider the return postage to be a cost of shopping (and cheaper for those on the West Coast). Of all the online retailers, F21 does a great job on their descriptions, but I’m usually between two sizes and order both to be safe. The disadvantage of getting store credit is, it gets messy if you return items you purchased with the store credit.
(1) Striped Pearlescent Button Cardigan ($19.80). This reminds me of Chanel and easily spruces up a neutral outfit. Just don’t add old lady accessories, unless that’s the look you’re going for.
(2) Essential Striped Rib Knit Top ($19.80). A doppelgänger of the J. Crew Boatneck Popover top from early 2012 (left picture).
(3) Classic Striped 3/4 Sleeve Top ($14.80). I like 100% cotton tops more than blends. Lightweight.
(4) Leopard Faux Fur Jacket ($62.80). My favorite pick! As previously mentioned here, this jacket is back for the Fall 2012 season. If you’re skinny and typically wear an XS, you’re sized out. Alexa Chung is pictured in an older Topshop style that is long gone. I’ve been looking for a leopard jacket for a while and it’s hard to find one that is not too oversized.
(5) Sequined Scalloped Dress ($32.80). This dress is quickly selling out. It is perfect for holiday parties and has a nice 20’s flapper feel with the scalloped edges.
Images from Forever 21 and J.Crew. Alexa Chung image from Google Images.
My last StyleMint post included the red Broadway tee which since sold out, but now available in dress form (at double the price of the tee — 2 credits). I liked that tee because it is 100% pima cotton (see visual here). I forgot to opt out of a month for StyleMint, so I clicked around to see what I could spend my credit on.
This Berlin T is available in two colors: mushroom/ivory (as pictured below) in 50% cotton/50% micro modal or navy/heather grey in 50% poly, 38% cotton, and 12% rayon. Heather grey is a very casual color and can’t be dressed up for work. My wardrobe also lacks something like mushroom/ivory, so I opted for that. I wanted a drapey fit, so I sized up. (By the way, their Facebook wall is useful for asking questions!) The tee is opaque enough that it’s not see through, but wear nude underneath.
Continue reading “to shop / stylemint berlin t in mushroom/ivory stripe”
I love stripes. These jackets are so cheerful and hard to resist. I like the J.Crew Gondola, the Tommy, and Loft the most.
(Image source: Net-a-porter, J.Crew, Anthropologie, Macy’s, Talbots, Loft, and Forever 21)
Continue reading “to shop / striped jacket mania”