I haven’t loved anything from Gap in a long time. Their site isn’t as easy to browse (I like to sort by what’s new ), but I love that they have petite sizing and easy, free returns.
This puff sleeve utility jacket is very Goop, without the price tag and petite sizes! I prefer it in khaki without the belt. The pockets made it perfect for travel. Despite the linen content, it does not wrinkle easily. Perfect for spring or any space with air conditioning.
The Polka Dot V-Neck Popover Shirt is made of a lightweight, synthetic material. Perfect for balmy summer work days. It does run long, a little big, and low, so once again petite sizing was a winner. It was nicely cut.
The cotton and Lyocell material makes the Girlfriend Chino Joggers light enough for super humid summer. Trust me, I tested it in 96% humidity and 90+ F. It runs big and I think they stretched out. I like the dark color — the green one had lighter stitching which I did not like. I also tested the High Rise Culottes (not pictured), which I recommend if you’re looking for culottes. They are easy to match and structured/light enough.
On to Uniqlo…
I’m late in posting, but these pleated pants are so comfy. They run BIG.
The extra fine cotton A-line 3/4 sleeve dress runs much longer than my favorite shirtdress of 2018 and comes off more casual. But it’s not bad. It comes in solids and stripes. I prefer stripes. It runs more TTS than the asymmetrical version.
I wear the lightweight v neck cardigans every summer and love this year’s version.
My favorite item from the Uniqlo U SS 2019 collection is the U lightweight bag in black. I held back from ordering more t-shirts though, so that could have been a contender.
- It’s a super lightweight nylon bag. It folds down easy for storage.
- It’s meant for light, bulkier contents. Measurements: Height: 15.3″/39cm, Width: 19″/48.5cm, Length: 5.5″/14cm, Handle Length: 22.8″/58cm.
- It hangs easily on the shoulder.
- It has adjustable drawstrings on the ends. This makes it perfect for travel, especially if you want to protect any nicer bags. I personally hate putting most bags directly on the floor, x-ray machine, etc. The drawstring also makes the contents safer.
- At $29.90, it is pretty affordable.
The Uniqlo U collection is always a big hit or miss for me. The fit typically runs oversized and tall. I was not into most of the color choices. Mini reviews for what I’d caught my eye online:
- WOMEN U WRAP SLEEVELESS DRESS – Soft rayon material. Nice drape. If you’re ever the type to have to size up, you may need to size up for the best fit. Verdict: Maybe…
- WOMEN U MIDI SKIRT – Soft rayon material. Runs big. Verdict: No, because I don’t need it/it’s too casual for work.
- WOMEN U BIG LONG-SLEEVE SHIRT – Yes, it is called big and long. Maybe it would’ve worked if the material felt nicer? This was a great hit per the Uniqlo.com reviews. Verdict: Not for me.
- WOMEN U COTTON DOUBLE FACE PANTS – Wrong cut for me, but if it looks like it would work for you, get it! Verdict: Not for me.
- WOMEN U BALLOON HALF SLEEVE DRESS – It is a light knit sweater dress with a nice silhouette, but unfortunately, it is very clingy in the midsection, especially obvious in a bright color like green. Works best for those in great shape. The emerald green is so pretty. The blue is not a true navy. Verdict: Not for me.
- WOMEN U SHIRT LONG-SLEEVE DRESS – I didn’t have time to check to size chart for measurements. The material is very stiff. The fit is long and waist very slim. Verdict: Not for me.
See the rest of the collection.
I found myself in Uniqlo over the weekend, which is rare as I am much more of an online shopper. The Columbus Day long weekend sales are in full swing.
Blocktech Soutien Collar Coat
Continue reading “to shop / uniqlo lately (oct 2018)”
Uniqlo Airism Slip
Uniqlo has fiiiiinally brought back the Airism slip. I last sighted and bought them in 2014. My slips are starting to show some wear (after wearing them hundreds of times) and I’ve been patiently waiting for Uniqlo to bring them back! The fabric content for the 2018 iteration is 59% Nylon, 31% Cupro, 10% Spandex versus 67% Cupro, 30% Nylon, 3% Spandex for their 2014 iteration. I’m expecting them to be less soft. I will update this post once I get my order. (March 2018 Edit: The new slips feels just as soft, but cooler. They are also slightly shorter, so size up if you want more length. Since it has a lot of stretch, it will still cling in to fit and I think will resist snags/pilling better.)
Uniqlo U Crewneck Short-Sleeve T-Shirt
I really love the simple Crewneck Short Sleeve T-Shirt from the Uniqlo U collection by Christophe Lemaire. I would’ve blogged about it months ago, as it shows up in every Uniqlo U collection, but never got around it. Most Uniqlo U items run very big, but this is true to size. It is a thick knit tee in good colors, 100% cotton, not form fitting yet fitted, comfortable, and a bargain $9.90. There are striped designs will be released in early March (but will be more than $9.90). The other tee that I wear the most is from Petit Bateau which is harder to find and at least double the price. (March 2018 Edit: The striped version is out, I’m sad to say that while both solid and striped tees are 100% cotton, the striped ones are rougher.)