PSA — 30% off Baggu on Macy’s and up to $15 in gift cards from Target on Laneige purchases!
Macy’s has a VIP sale going on. Get 30% off lots of stuff including current season Baggu and 15% off beauty (they carry Peach & Lily and Shangpree masks).
Korean brand Laneige is clearing out of Target and moving to Sephora. I think most Laneige purchases get a $10 gift card, which stacks with the $5 gift card for $20+ beauty purchase for a total of $15 Target gift cards. Some stuff is sold out, but if you like this yogurt mask (use as overnight mask), you’re in luck. Especially since Target gift cards are like cash unless you have self-restraint of steel.
Love the new prints and designs at Baggu! I have a weakness for the baby size.
Petal / Anthurium / Cherry
P.S. All Baggu at Macy’s is 25% off. No Spring 2017 stock.
Baggu has an online sample sale through Saturday, 1pm, ET. I don’t like/need anything. What I really want is the new watermelon Baggu from their summer collection…
Image source: Baggu
Baggu’s semi-annual sample sale is this weekend at their Williamsburg, Brooklyn store! They will have past season styles and samples.
11AM-6PM | Saturday & Sunday
242 Wythe Ave, No. 4, Brooklyn, NY 11249
I’ve been to most Baggu sample sales since 2010. The sale is a wildcard — there isn’t a consistent mix of leather, nylon, or duck canvas. Over the years, the sales have also gotten more crowded, however, I haven’t stood in line (nor arrived before opening) for a while. Good stuff does sell out fast. I usually don’t see them restocking, but did for the first time during the last sale. Prices drop as the weekend winds down. The best prices are for samples or seconds (where any sign of a defect isn’t noticeable). The AT&T signal is pretty weak (in case you wanted to text photos to someone). See snapshots from the Spring 2014 sample sale on my Instagram under #irenelovesbaggu.
And here are some shots from the Fall 2015 sale below. While most products are very straightforward (e.g. a baby Baggu is a baby Baggu), the ‘duck bag with laptop sleeves’ box only had duck bags without laptop sleeves. Those 3D zip bags on the wall were also freshly stocked while I was there, and weren’t priced very excitingly.
Click to enlarge
What I got for myself and friends… The most exciting ‘deal’ was the $3 leopard regular Baggus.
(1) Baggu mint dot bags. So cute!
(1) I haven’t looked through all of Shopbop’s sale (and really just shop through my wishlist), so am only highlighting this item. I’ve reviewed this Love Sam lace blouse before. Why am I buying another? Oops, I put it in the dryer and it shrunk. $60 is an amazing sale price for this Etoile Isabel Marant doppelgänger and it’s fully stocked in both black and white and most sizes.
I’ve been taking R&R in Taipei and didn’t bring a laptop with me. After a week of detoxing from a computer, I itched to write real emails and keyboard shortcut my way through my inbox.
- I’ve been indulging in super affordable tui na and acupuncture and will be sad to give them up once I return home.
- I’ve come to the conclusion that most food in Taipei is good – no matter where you go. I’m not as diligent in exploring Taipei food options because there are family obligations and because I’m content.
- Yelp just launched in Taiwan. It’s too new to be of substantial value though. Foursquare was in use.
- I’ve been thinking of purging (and I’ve been talking about it for years but time has always been a deterrent) and browsed through Marie Kondo’s much talked about book. As I’ve gotten older, I’ve gotten wiser about purchases so there is a lot less to buy in Hong Kong and Taipei. So far.
- If you have any recommendations for items to buy from Taipei (or Narita airport), let me know! I always end up in Muji and Watson’s for hours. Even though I can read traditional Chinese, it is more tiring. Thus, it’s harder to find reviews on products.
- Get $10 off your first $50+ order at Peach and Lily!
- I always stop at the original Sogo department store in Taipei and did a walkthrough of the first floor, which I usually do not do. They have a HUGE selection of Repetto ballet flats — I think it rivaled the flagship in Paris and definitely beat any US retail outlet. Retail pricing is hefty but there were a bunch of styles that were 40% off.
- I tried on the new pointed ‘Brigitte’ style (currently 25% off through link). It runs TTS and I never realized before the bow could be tightened. If feels different than the Cendrillon ballet flat due to the lack of curve. It’s currently online at:
- I also saw a black rubber version of the popular Cendrillon style — perfect for drizzly weather — but I can’t seem to find it online.
- A Repetto store is rumored to be opening in Soho, NYC this year…
- Petit Bateau private sale up to 70% off. 3 days left. Sizes are limited.
- Two thumbs up to the Better Business Bureau! I’d purchased something from a popular home decor e-tailer. I got tired after waiting an year for a backorder and they didn’t respond to my emails. It was too far back for me to contest with my credit card. I filed a case on BBB, who then forwarded it to the local BBB. The e-tailer took immediate action. The e-tailer has similar bad reviews on BBB, so buyer beware.
I am not categorizing for the sake of time. I will say that I really wish more RSS feeds didn’t force me to click to their site to read because now I have an exorbitant amount of saved items. I spent a good deal of time bookmarking instead of reading on my flight here. Or is there a way to easily bookmark into folders, on the iPhone, while offline?
- I detest inefficient browsing. Enter Netflix God Mode. I usually add to my queue on the desktop. (PSFK)
- How long it takes to binge watch a show. (via Apartment Therapy)
- I’ve also been on a TV detox, but can’t wait to dig into:
- Mad Men, last season (AMC)
- Orphan Black, starting April 18 (BBC US)
- Grimm, returns (NBC)
- Call the Midwife, Mr. Selfridge, Wolf Hall (PBS)
West Elm is doing a different surprise (read: sale) each day of this month. Today’s is 30% off Baggu, which ships for free. I like the nylon ones the most which is $6/bag! And unlike some retailers, they do not mark up the retail price. The sale ends tonight at 23:59 PT.
Image source: West Elm
DwellStudio Zebra pillow, babygap floral bear (similar), Gap Kids fur hat (similar for baby)
We went to Gap today with the intent to return, but ended up picking some odds and ends (’tis the season to buy baby presents!). It helps that there is a 50% off almost everything early Black Friday promotion (which a lot of places seem to be doing) and GapCash promotion going on. (This sale ends Sunday night. If you’re not a cardholder, it’s 40% off. You can always wait for next week if you miss it.) I really like teddy bears with no embellishments and babyGap has four styles: floral, plaid, rainbow stripes, and marled. Sadly there are no measurements online (note to Gap, please add measurements!) so I waited for an in-store visit. They are roughly 8 inches high. I also ended up getting this fur hat from the girls’ department. Surprisingly the L/XL size fit.
Old Navy has a 40% off sale online with code BIGDEAL. Some exclusions apply and it also ends today.
Baggu’s new leather two-toned tote for West Elm looks so good! White/black, gold/black, or champagne/silver?
Image source: West Elm