The sale on Ann Taylor sale is now 60% off. Which is a little bit annoying because I just placed an order yesterday! Ann Taylor does restock, but they’ve been on my black list lately for delayed cancellations. The 60% off sale ends at midnight PT tonight. If you miss it, don’t be too sad.
This embroidered dot perfect shirt is really cute and well made. The dots are embroidered! Sorry, only petites are available now but if you’re of the unbutton/roll up the sleeve variety, it may not matter.
This spring leopard jacket has been hanging on the back of a door. I like it — lightweight, dressy, distinct — but do I LOVE it? That’s to be determined. Extremely tempting at $60, as is this pretty sold out relaxed trench.
Images from AT
DwellStudio Zebra pillow, babygap floral bear (similar), Gap Kids fur hat (similar for baby)
We went to Gap today with the intent to return, but ended up picking some odds and ends (’tis the season to buy baby presents!). It helps that there is a 50% off almost everything early Black Friday promotion (which a lot of places seem to be doing) and GapCash promotion going on. (This sale ends Sunday night. If you’re not a cardholder, it’s 40% off. You can always wait for next week if you miss it.) I really like teddy bears with no embellishments and babyGap has four styles: floral, plaid, rainbow stripes, and marled. Sadly there are no measurements online (note to Gap, please add measurements!) so I waited for an in-store visit. They are roughly 8 inches high. I also ended up getting this fur hat from the girls’ department. Surprisingly the L/XL size fit.
Old Navy has a 40% off sale online with code BIGDEAL. Some exclusions apply and it also ends today.
Image source: Piperlime
My friend was IMing me last night on how she can’t stop shopping – the sales, free shipping just lure you in, especially when it’s freezing outside. I have a few things on my non-existent list, but am trying to be good since the Black Friday/Cyber Monday mania is about to unleash itself. I can’t guarantee that those sales will beat whatever sales are going on right now, but if you need a kick to get started on your holiday shopping, or shopping for yourself, here you go:
tomorrow Sunday night:
- 25% off $50+ at Shu Uemura with code SHUVIP. Expires midnight ET. I’m a big fan of their brushes, purple powder, and the super natural looking eyebrow pencil.
- $25 off $200+ at Uniqlo with code GET25. Expires midnight ET. Online only.
P.S. Since my girlfriends and I had an email going on about rugs, I need to mention RugsUSA! I got a striped rug and sheepskin rugs from them a while back (link). The site is not known for having the best service, but I can live with that given the discounts (and credit card protection). The current discount is 60-75% off, but I expect it to creep up to a solid 75% for Cyber Monday. Two thumbs up to the quality. You can google any rug for additional reviews or peruse their Instagram for more inspiration. If you need to make a return, keep the packaging and research printing your own shipping label as it can be much cheaper.
Image source: Falcon blog
British brand, Falcon, has gorgeous enamelware. It’s easier to find now in the US than in 2012 (when I got my first enamel mugs from Merci in Paris), but it’s hard to find on sale. I’ve been stalking Fab.com for a while and waiting for a sale. Here it is! Search for Falcon. Everything’s on sale + another 20% off. Their bake and pie set look perfect for winter cooking. Enamelware is super durable, fairly low maintenance, and very lightweight.
Image source: Anthropologie
Image source: Falcon
Image source: Falcon
P.S. I also love the LEGO housewares.
Image source: Brooks Brothers
- 70% off at Brooks Brothers’ Veteran’s Day Sale. The shoes are made in Italy and look divine (but you will need to get a rubber sole at the cobbler). ShopRunner friendly.
- 25% off this Target Threshold Tufted Bench in Beige and Gold. (Not sure when the sale ends, but it might be tomorrow.)
- 20% off some Orla Kiely x Target bags.
- 20% off Beauty.com. Ends Sunday. (I haven’t been a Sephora VIB member since 2012 — any VIB willing to send me a code?) ShopRunner friendly.
- 30% off most of the Repetto on Saks Fifth Avenue. Decent sale for classic/neutral colors. I bet prices will go down for Black Friday, but so will their inventory.
- 40-50% off Banana Republic if you’re on their mailing list through November 9. Otherwise, the public 30% off code is on their website.
- 40% off at Gap through November 10 with code FFCARD. I really like some of the stuff here (their designer is ex-COS), but haven’t had time to thoroughly peruse. Your purchase will also earn Gap cash!
- That 25-30% off Horchow/NM sale is still going on.
- 30% off Land’s End’s through November 11. I love their home section, especially their bathroom items – classic, quality, and simple.
- Up to 25% off at Asos. Click through for the code.
- 20% off and free shipping at Kohls if you use their credit card with code FALL20 through November 11. Non-cardmembers, use code THANKS746 for 15% off and free shipping. They usually have good deals on whatever they carry. I got my Nutribullet here last year (stacked with some Amex offers and Kohls coupons) and it ended up being much cheaper than Amazon. Their house brands for women’s are also pretty good, e.g. ELLE, Lauren Conrad, Apt.9. Juicy Couture and Elie Tahari are newer.
- Up to 40% off Talbots sale if you buy 2 or more sale items through November 11, 30% for one item. I’m currently stalking a leopard jacket.
- 20% off one item at monogram-friendly Mark & Graham is turning 2. Use code BIRTHDAY through November 10. I’ve always been intrigued by their bags. Some items are already discounted. They are owned by Williams-Sonoma, so gift cards from WS, Pottery Barn, and West Elm should work here. (P.S. If you want a monogrammed tote, also check out Cuyana. I visited their showroom last weekend and really liked their quality and prices.)
Image source: Neiman Marcus/Horchow
Horchow has a really beautiful curation of home goods. While most of their products are out of my price range and reserved for window shopping, they have some more affordable items that are included in their 25-30% sitewide sales… like their acrylic desk accessories. Anthropologie fans may have seen them before. Buuuut, don’t buy it from Horchow, buy it from Neiman Marcus.
Horchow is Neiman Marcus’ furniture brand (just like CUSP and Bergdorf Goodman are also owned by NM). While all these online sites have the same inventory, promotions and cashback/mileage mall-type deals can vary greatly. There is some inventory/promotional overlap between the sites and in this case, by buying from NM, you can get an additional 15% off for an overall 40.5% off discount (if you have a Chase Freedom card). If you do not have a Chase Freedom, keep on reading:
- 30% off sale – no code, good through Thursday night on NM.
- If you missed the NM sale, the Horchow sale runs through November 12 early morning.
- 10% cashback through Chase Ultimate Rewards Mall if you have a Chase Freedom, Ink, or Sapphire Preferred card and click through the mall’s NM link (you do not have to pay with the Chase card).
- If you do not have Chase, my favorite cashback site, eBates, is giving 8% back if you set up an account and click through their link.
- 5% cashback if you pay with a Chase Freedom card and enabled the Q4 bonus (Why wouldn’t you? Here’s the other Q4 retailers.);
You can also get free 2-day shipping and returns through ShopRunner. It’s similar to Amazon Prime, except they work with a bunch of retailers (many that I actually shop at!). If you’re an Amex cardholder, sign up for free (link) or get a free trial as an Amazon Prime member (link). Existing ShopRunner members can also share their account privileges with household members (as with Amazon Prime) by sending out an invite from the account details interface.
Using mileage malls and cashback are a second nature to me. I shop mostly online so it adds up to more than a day of “free lunch” or you can look at it as offsetting sales tax.
- If you’re thinking about Christmas presents, some of the items are backordered until January.
- Prices vary slightly between Anthropologie and Horchow/NM.
- This “deal” doesn’t work on everything on Horchow and NM. E.g., Bric’s luggage. Bric’s is 30% off on Horchow (including the Bellagio style) but selectively on sale at NM.
- I’ve been able to ask NM for free shipping (pre-ShopRunner days) if Bergdorf’s had it and NM didn’t, but they wouldn’t let me pricematch between their sites.
Image source: J.Crew
Who else loves Havaianas? J.Crew has a bunch of slim styles in normal colors on sale. I used to live in these gold ones before my foot decided to hate flip flops and I realized how gross NYC streets are. Now they are for a quick trip to the nail salon.
P.S. There are a few RMS Beauty products on sale, but the Living Luminizer is not included.
Shopbop‘s big savings event has started and will run through Cyber Monday. The discount is tiered and you can save up to 25% if you spend $1000. If you return items and fall below the $1000, you still get the 25% discount. In my experience, inventory is updated continuously so if you do not see your size/color, check back.
Image source: Shopbop & Lyst
Karen Walker Number One Tortoise sunglasses (I love mine!), Smythe Crossover Blazer (Fits like a dream. Runs TTS to half size big), Ferragamo Varina flats in red patent, Ferragamo Vara Pumps in nude patent
Image source: J.Crew
During the year, there are a few windows of time when J.Crew takes the “final sale” off most of its sale products. This is one of them. The additional 40% off sale runs through Monday, November 18 with code STYLETIME. The best way to determine if something is final sale is by viewing your cart. There are plenty of classic styles to be purchased and those who watch the sale section closely will also tell you there’s been a large number of popbacks from years past. I’ve been painfully weeding through my old closet at the parents’ and have to share that out of all of the brands I shopped at, J.Crew has undergone the least purging and stood the test of time (for quality and timeless style). Buying black also helps.
The early bird catches the worm!
Nordstrom‘s annual anniversary sale is now open to the public! I get much more excited by the skincare and beauty deals than clothes. Here are my faves (clockwise, l to r). Don’t forget about Nordstrom‘s amazing return policy and customer service.