Mansur Gavriel, previously reviewed: saffiano bucket in black/flamma and mini lady bag in brandy/brick.
I really wanted a smaller sized bucket for lighter days after using the regular sized one. My heart was set on saffiano given what a breeze it is to maintain. Currently, the mini bucket is only available in saffiano at Barneys in either black/flamma or rosa/rosa. I’m not really a pink person; I’m treating the rosa/rosa as a neutral (ballet pink). Inevitably I have some ‘on Wednesdays, we wear pink’ moments when I wear an item of clothing in the same color family. The rosa/rosa has gotten a lot of compliments.
Mini saffiano bucket and the regular saffiano bucket
Brandy mini lady in vegetable tanned vs. mini saffiano bucket
What I really like about it (that I didn’t already mention in my other bucket review)
Continue reading “to shop / mansur gavriel mini saffiano bucket review”
The minimalist Cuyana has a new oversized bucket bag. It’s very well priced, made in Italy, and in a durable saffiano leather. It comes in black, red, and clay. It’s a great option for someone who wants a shorter strap vs the crossbody bucket bag. No monogramming for this style.
Continue reading “to shop / cuyana oversized bucket in saffiano”
I’ve been using the Mansur Gavriel bucket in saffiano leather pretty often since I got it in late October. (Second runner-up is the APC textured half moon crossbody.) I also have reviewed the mini bucket in saffiano and mini lady bag in brandy; both were acquired after this bag.
What I really like about it:
- The simple design and almost invisible branding.
- It can fit a lot — including a work folder full of papers — and is great for traveling. I used it for a recent overnight trip and it fit my electronics, toiletries, and a change of clothing.
- The exterior saffiano finish is super durable. I can’t find any signs of wear. I rarely baby it — I wiped it down after a rainstorm (the umbrella was useless) and I wrap it in a regular Baggu nylon bag before I shove it overhead or under the seat on the plane. I don’t mind putting it on the floor in certain places (but would never do that with many bags).
- I hate zipping/closing bags in general. There’s comfort in its depth.
- It’s lightweight. I really hate when empty bags are heavy and excessive hardware.
- I can carry it comfortable on my shoulder and crossbody.
Continue reading “to shop / mansur gavriel saffiano bucket review”
Barneys pre-orders for their exclusive Mansur Gavriel saffiano buckets are open online! Not sure when they are shipping, but it’s reliable.
Barneys is taking pre-orders for the large black/fiamma saffiano bucket again. It says it ships in October so proceed with caution and don’t count on it until it ships.
Mansur Gavriel in Saffiano at Barneys.com