PSA — 30% off Baggu on Macy’s and up to $15 in gift cards from Target on Laneige purchases!
Macy’s has a VIP sale going on. Get 30% off lots of stuff including current season Baggu and 15% off beauty (they carry Peach & Lily and Shangpree masks).
Korean brand Laneige is clearing out of Target and moving to Sephora. I think most Laneige purchases get a $10 gift card, which stacks with the $5 gift card for $20+ beauty purchase for a total of $15 Target gift cards. Some stuff is sold out, but if you like this yogurt mask (use as overnight mask), you’re in luck. Especially since Target gift cards are like cash unless you have self-restraint of steel.
Peach and Lily slashed the prices on most of their Mizon products. The prices are amazing considering they are shipping from within the U.S., although I’m curious to see what the expiration dates are on these. For first time customers, get $10 off $50 with my referral link. For existing customers, try HAPPYSHOPPING for 15% off. The sale goes through next Friday, but I expect stuff to sell out at these prices. All sales are final. If you’ve seen their products at Target, Anthropologie, or Urban Outfitters, Peach and Lily is their distributor.
I had Peach & Lily credit from Rue La La and already had some Be the Skin items in my cart. I dumped a ton of snail items in to use up the rest of my credit. I love snail – it does great things for the skin and I’ll definitely be slathering some of this on the significant other’s dry skin. I also picked up some items I already have in a travel-friendly size.
I debated whether to get the Peach & Lily Rue La La deal. After seeing that I had an additional 20% off on the site (not sure if it’s targeted), an effective 40%+ store credit, I bit the bullet. P&L got me started on Korean beauty about 3 years ago for which I’m grateful. There are a lot more resources online and US-based online stores now — I don’t shop from P&L often especially if it’s something I can order from Korea or another Asian site for a much lower price.
Korean beauty e-tailer, Peach & Lily, is selling credit on Rue La La. They distribute to Urban Outfitters, Anthropologie, Target, and Sephora and was my gateway to K-beauty.
- $91 for $140 (35% off)
- $63 for $90 (30% off)
- $28 for $40 (30% off)
Limited to two offers per person, one offer per transaction. If you had an existing P&L account on June 7 when they launched the new Peach point program, you should have $15 in your account already. I believe they are also offering the $15 worth of points to new users.
Dec 5 Update – Shangpree masks sold out! But the campaign is still on and if you like to post mask selfies on Instagram, see how you can generate a donation to Restore NYC.
Image: Peach and Lily
Peach and Lily partnered with Restore NYC to raise money to end sex trafficking in NYC. All sales for their special shop will be donated to Restore NYC.
The luxurious Shangpree modeling “rubber” masks are 70% off through Saturday, December 5. Six dollars a mask is a lot more palatable than $20! Shangpree’s rubber masks are worth a try for any mask junkie. There are three types: gold is anti-aging and firming, silver is for brightening and luminizing, and black mask detoxifies. The bowl and spatula are sold separately, but I may be convinced to part with one of mine to a friend!
First time customers can also get $10 off $50 (referral link).
I’ve been taking R&R in Taipei and didn’t bring a laptop with me. After a week of detoxing from a computer, I itched to write real emails and keyboard shortcut my way through my inbox.
- I’ve been indulging in super affordable tui na and acupuncture and will be sad to give them up once I return home.
- I’ve come to the conclusion that most food in Taipei is good – no matter where you go. I’m not as diligent in exploring Taipei food options because there are family obligations and because I’m content.
- Yelp just launched in Taiwan. It’s too new to be of substantial value though. Foursquare was in use.
- I’ve been thinking of purging (and I’ve been talking about it for years but time has always been a deterrent) and browsed through Marie Kondo’s much talked about book. As I’ve gotten older, I’ve gotten wiser about purchases so there is a lot less to buy in Hong Kong and Taipei. So far.
- If you have any recommendations for items to buy from Taipei (or Narita airport), let me know! I always end up in Muji and Watson’s for hours. Even though I can read traditional Chinese, it is more tiring. Thus, it’s harder to find reviews on products.
- Get $10 off your first $50+ order at Peach and Lily!
- I always stop at the original Sogo department store in Taipei and did a walkthrough of the first floor, which I usually do not do. They have a HUGE selection of Repetto ballet flats — I think it rivaled the flagship in Paris and definitely beat any US retail outlet. Retail pricing is hefty but there were a bunch of styles that were 40% off.
- I tried on the new pointed ‘Brigitte’ style (currently 25% off through link). It runs TTS and I never realized before the bow could be tightened. If feels different than the Cendrillon ballet flat due to the lack of curve. It’s currently online at:
- I also saw a black rubber version of the popular Cendrillon style — perfect for drizzly weather — but I can’t seem to find it online.
- A Repetto store is rumored to be opening in Soho, NYC this year…
- Petit Bateau private sale up to 70% off. 3 days left. Sizes are limited.
- Two thumbs up to the Better Business Bureau! I’d purchased something from a popular home decor e-tailer. I got tired after waiting an year for a backorder and they didn’t respond to my emails. It was too far back for me to contest with my credit card. I filed a case on BBB, who then forwarded it to the local BBB. The e-tailer took immediate action. The e-tailer has similar bad reviews on BBB, so buyer beware.
I am not categorizing for the sake of time. I will say that I really wish more RSS feeds didn’t force me to click to their site to read because now I have an exorbitant amount of saved items. I spent a good deal of time bookmarking instead of reading on my flight here. Or is there a way to easily bookmark into folders, on the iPhone, while offline?
- I detest inefficient browsing. Enter Netflix God Mode. I usually add to my queue on the desktop. (PSFK)
- How long it takes to binge watch a show. (via Apartment Therapy)
- I’ve also been on a TV detox, but can’t wait to dig into:
- Mad Men, last season (AMC)
- Orphan Black, starting April 18 (BBC US)
- Grimm, returns (NBC)
- Call the Midwife, Mr. Selfridge, Wolf Hall (PBS)
Peach and Lily is discounting everything that was in their Seoulcialite beauty box by 30%! So if you missed out on the box, only wanted one item, and/or need to restock, 30% off is better than no discount! I love the Banila Co. Clean It Zero cleansing balm which is a solid oil-based cleanser that melts upon application. Perfect for travel! I’ve also been using the Cremorlab cream (yikes, had no idea it retailed for that much). Sale ends next Sunday.
From their mailing list:
Previously mentioned here, the sold out Peach and Lily Korean beauty box has been restocked. Refer to fan-b’s blog (link) for a full review. I have been loving the Banila Co. Clean It Zero cleansing balm which melts into a oil-based cleanser upon application. Perfect for travel! (If you don’t want an entire box, there will be a sale on just the Banila balm most likely later this weekend…)
(Image source: Rifle Paper Co.)
- Dominique Ansel revealed his Cronut recipe in advance of his cookbook launch at the end of the month. Not that I have any desire to attempt it. It’s very labor intensive and I wasn’t enthralled with the Cronut I tried. P.S. His instagram has lots of food porn.