I haven’t loved anything from Gap in a long time. Their site isn’t as easy to browse (I like to sort by what’s new ), but I love that they have petite sizing and easy, free returns.
This puff sleeve utility jacket is very Goop, without the price tag and petite sizes! I prefer it in khaki without the belt. The pockets made it perfect for travel. Despite the linen content, it does not wrinkle easily. Perfect for spring or any space with air conditioning.
Continue reading “to shop / gap and uniqlo lately (june 2019)”
Currently wearing Salt Water sandals in gold. They are true to size (in the ‘big kids’ sizing) and also come in baby/toddler/kid sizing! Gold is my favorite! At some point I also ordered them in red but never wore them so I sold them. I’ve had them for 3 years and they still look pretty new. I’m not sure how inventory is right now, but in prior years, the coveted colors quickly sell out as the weather gets warmer.
Continue reading “to shop / summer sandals”
DwellStudio Zebra pillow, babygap floral bear (similar), Gap Kids fur hat (similar for baby)
We went to Gap today with the intent to return, but ended up picking some odds and ends (’tis the season to buy baby presents!). It helps that there is a 50% off almost everything early Black Friday promotion (which a lot of places seem to be doing) and GapCash promotion going on. (This sale ends Sunday night. If you’re not a cardholder, it’s 40% off. You can always wait for next week if you miss it.) I really like teddy bears with no embellishments and babyGap has four styles: floral, plaid, rainbow stripes, and marled. Sadly there are no measurements online (note to Gap, please add measurements!) so I waited for an in-store visit. They are roughly 8 inches high. I also ended up getting this fur hat from the girls’ department. Surprisingly the L/XL size fit.
Old Navy has a 40% off sale online with code BIGDEAL. Some exclusions apply and it also ends today.
Continue reading “to shop / recent loves & 40-50% off gap and old navy”
Image source: Piperlime
My friend was IMing me last night on how she can’t stop shopping – the sales, free shipping just lure you in, especially when it’s freezing outside. I have a few things on my non-existent list, but am trying to be good since the Black Friday/Cyber Monday mania is about to unleash itself. I can’t guarantee that those sales will beat whatever sales are going on right now, but if you need a kick to get started on your holiday shopping, or shopping for yourself, here you go:
tomorrow Sunday night:
- 25% off $50+ at Shu Uemura with code SHUVIP. Expires midnight ET. I’m a big fan of their brushes, purple powder, and the super natural looking eyebrow pencil.
- $25 off $200+ at Uniqlo with code GET25. Expires midnight ET. Online only.
P.S. Since my girlfriends and I had an email going on about rugs, I need to mention RugsUSA! I got a striped rug and sheepskin rugs from them a while back (link). The site is not known for having the best service, but I can live with that given the discounts (and credit card protection). The current discount is 60-75% off, but I expect it to creep up to a solid 75% for Cyber Monday. Two thumbs up to the quality. You can google any rug for additional reviews or peruse their Instagram for more inspiration. If you need to make a return, keep the packaging and research printing your own shipping label as it can be much cheaper.
Image source: Brooks Brothers
- 70% off at Brooks Brothers’ Veteran’s Day Sale. The shoes are made in Italy and look divine (but you will need to get a rubber sole at the cobbler). ShopRunner friendly.
- 25% off this Target Threshold Tufted Bench in Beige and Gold. (Not sure when the sale ends, but it might be tomorrow.)
- 20% off some Orla Kiely x Target bags.
- 20% off Beauty.com. Ends Sunday. (I haven’t been a Sephora VIB member since 2012 — any VIB willing to send me a code?) ShopRunner friendly.
- 30% off most of the Repetto on Saks Fifth Avenue. Decent sale for classic/neutral colors. I bet prices will go down for Black Friday, but so will their inventory.
- 40-50% off Banana Republic if you’re on their mailing list through November 9. Otherwise, the public 30% off code is on their website.
- 40% off at Gap through November 10 with code FFCARD. I really like some of the stuff here (their designer is ex-COS), but haven’t had time to thoroughly peruse. Your purchase will also earn Gap cash!
- That 25-30% off Horchow/NM sale is still going on.
- 30% off Land’s End’s through November 11. I love their home section, especially their bathroom items – classic, quality, and simple.
- Up to 25% off at Asos. Click through for the code.
- 20% off and free shipping at Kohls if you use their credit card with code FALL20 through November 11. Non-cardmembers, use code THANKS746 for 15% off and free shipping. They usually have good deals on whatever they carry. I got my Nutribullet here last year (stacked with some Amex offers and Kohls coupons) and it ended up being much cheaper than Amazon. Their house brands for women’s are also pretty good, e.g. ELLE, Lauren Conrad, Apt.9. Juicy Couture and Elie Tahari are newer.
- Up to 40% off Talbots sale if you buy 2 or more sale items through November 11, 30% for one item. I’m currently stalking a leopard jacket.
- 20% off one item at monogram-friendly Mark & Graham is turning 2. Use code BIRTHDAY through November 10. I’ve always been intrigued by their bags. Some items are already discounted. They are owned by Williams-Sonoma, so gift cards from WS, Pottery Barn, and West Elm should work here. (P.S. If you want a monogrammed tote, also check out Cuyana. I visited their showroom last weekend and really liked their quality and prices.)