I’ve resolved to be nicer to my feet. I lucked out and found these Ferragamo Varina flats that I’ve been eyeing in an exquisite lace-like laser cut in a nude “macadamia” shade for a great sale price! (In case you haven’t noticed, it’s that time of the year again.)
I found myself in West Soho one evening, not quite sure where to visit since I rarely go downtown. Then, I remembered the new Repetto store! It’s next door to the Soho Laduree and similar to the Laduree, it’s as if they imported the store from Paris. The store design, layout, selection, and sales lady — all just like the Paris stores! There are so many styles, colors, and lines that are new to the US! There’s also an atelier in the back for custom shoes.
They also carry 4 type of shoe care products at the register (pricey at $20/bottle). After a quick chat with the sales lady, I need to bring in my patent shoes some time to diagnose if the black marks are fixable.
All in all, a must-see for any Repetto fan.
Published: January 15, 2016
Here’s a full directory of where you can find Repetto on the internet. It’s been a while since I did a post on Repetto. Overall, less places carry Repetto and sales aren’t as tantalizing as they used to be. Repettos are still one of my favorite ballet flat brands — it wraps my foot the best, but I will be comparing to Porselli shortly.
Repetto recently opened a boutique in the US (Soho, NYC) and has a L’Atelier for customized shoes. I haven’t stopped in yet. You can also shop from the Repetto US website, however, all items ship from France via express mail and are priced at US retail, and they are not partaking in the soldes that their French counterpart is. In addition, you also have to pay international duty which appears to be collected at point of sale by Repetto. At least you can return via mail to its NYC office… I can only see myself purchasing straight from Repetto if I’m desperate for a style that the other stores don’t carry and this is highly unlikely!
Image source: Repetto
Size up one full size for best fit (e.g. US 8 = FR 39). For patent styles, I sometimes size up 1.5 sizes.
Gimme Shoes is doing an additional 10% off sale. They carry many boutique shoe lines including Repetto, Chie Mihara, Loeffler Randall, etc. I’m not sure when it expires. GS has physical locations on the SF Bay Area.
Most of their Repetto selection is already 50% off. They always have a decent selection of colors. Sizing: Typically, it’s recommended to size up one full size. E.g. US 8 = FR 39 in Repetto.
Image source: Gimme Shoes
Image source: Repetto
Ordered in my opinion of how good the sale is. Unless otherwise noted, these e-tailers are located in the US. Size up one full size for best fit (e.g. US 8 = FR 39)
Some of Talbots‘ ballet flats are 70% off through November 11. The lowest I’ve seen them are ~$20 but sizes are already starting to dwindle.
- Jaden Capped Toe Ballet Flats ($29.99) in Nude/Black or Black/Gold.
- Jilly Patent Leather Ballet Flats ($29.99) in Black.
- Jilly Kidskin Ballet Flats ($29.99) in British Khaki
- Jilly Patent Leather Ballet Flats ($29.99) in British Khaki or Black
- Jilly Leather Ballet Flats ($29.99) in Papaya, Indigo Blue, or Merlot
- Corinne Leather Quilted Ballet Flats ($47.99) in Olive, Black, or Purple.
- Corinne Suede Quilted Ballet Flats ($47.99) in Hot Pink.
If any of the links are dead, try searching on the website. I haven’t tried on any of these styles yet. I am a US 8 and my Talbots size can be 7.5 – 8. Also, their medium width may also run wide. These all look like they have rubber soles, so I’m not sure how their quality compares to the ones I’ve bought in the past that are made in Italy. They are much more durable than Gap. I ordered a few styles and didn’t know there was a birthday discount for award program members, so love the fact that an additional 10% off was automatically applied.
Nude Repetto lovers rejoice! I’ve never seen such neutral tones with this wide of a size range. The BB (Brigitte Bardot) ballet flat style was renamed to Cendrillon.
- Pale pink leather ($110).
- Bubblegum pink suede ($115).
- Glazed black with pink trim ($130). I like the durability of glazed leather.
- Textured leather with a heel ($135). My fave Camille but sold out :(
See all styles here. I am a US 8 and am a solid 39 in Repetto and occasionally a 39.5.
Looking for more Repettos? See my Repetto shopping directory.
Get 25% off sale items at Petit Bateau through Sunday, July 14 with code EXTRA25. I’m a die hard fan of their t-shirts. I’ve worn a variation since 2004. My current favorite are the boatneck tees I previously mentioned, but are no longer sold. Good thing I kind of stocked up? The extra 25% makes the prices pretty reasonable… of course you cannot compare with prices in France. The PB website also leaves much to be desired in terms of styling, product pictures, and basic website functionalities! If you’re looking for modeling pictures, check the French site where the images above are from. Their sizing chart is pretty accurate, but sizing may vary between style.
- $40 rebate on all orders over $125 through Sunday, July 15. See my rec’s here.
- $25 rebate on all Colorescience orders over $75 through August 31, 2013. On top of that, get another 22% back on all Colorescience products with code COLORMAY22 through Monday, July 16.
I don’t think the two rebates can be combined, but it never hurts to ask.
Zara‘s semiannual sale continues on. Like Forever 21, Zara is a retailer where it’s easy to rack up a bunch of purchases that ultimately have no long term viability, which I really do not like. I’ve unknowingly gone on a Forever 21 and Zara fast, so let’s see if I cave. I was keeping tabs on this lightweight trench coat, since it reminded me of the Baukjen Jodie Trench, but my size ran out and I think it’s still a far stretch from Jodie. I adore Baukjen’s fit and quality. The basic thong sandals (above) look like a great, affordable ($19.99!) alternative to the K. Jacques Delta sandal. I wonder if it’s durable enough for a walk around the city!
Shoescribe is owned by Yoox (which I’ve been avoiding because it’s addicting and time consuming) and has an pretty good shoe sale going on. As someone who doesn’t wear heels often, here are my favorite brands:
- Chloe. Including the wildly popular scalloped ballet flats, in a neutral!
- Anniel. I think they’re the largest distributor of Anniel in the US! Might I add that I can’t explain why I really want a pair of flats with metallic stars, but will probably never go for it?
- Melissa. Includes Jason Wu and Vivienne Westwood Anglomania.
- Marc by Marc Jacobs. One of my favorite ballet flats brands.
- McQ Alexander McQueen.
- Porselli. This brand was recently picked up by J.Crew.
- Adidas. Special collabs.
My favorite picks are Saks, Opening Ceremony, and Gimme Shoes. They have the largest sale selections!
Unless otherwise noted, these e-tailers are located in the US.
- Bird Boutique. Up to 75% off but sizes are scarce.
- Creatures of Comfort. 30% off.
- farfetch. UK. Up to 50% off.
- Forward by Elyse Walker. 35% off. Lots of sizes / colors.
- Galeries Lafayette. EU only. Up to 40% off.
- Gimme Shoes. 40% off. One of the most extensive sale collections.
- GravityPope. Canada. 30% off.
- Joan Shepp.
- La Garconne. 30% off. Lots of sizes / neutral colors. Use code USADAY for 20% off sale items through July 7.
- Kirna Zabete. 50% off.
- Lane Crawford. Hong Kong. 30% off (but I think there are shipping restrictions). The yellow Flora cap toe flats are my fave.
- Matches. 30-50% off.
- Mohawk General Store. 30% off.
- MyTheresa. Germany. 30-40% off. Lots of bright colors.
- Opening Ceremony. 40% off. Lots of sizes / colors.
- Otte. Wait for an additional % off code.
- Repetto. EU only. 40% off.
- Saks Fifth Avenue. 66% off.
- Shoeaholics. EU only. 70% off.
- Ssense. Canada. 50% off.
- Stylebop. German. 30% off.
- Tessabit. Italy. 20% off.
- W Concept. Refer to my sale post here.
- Zoe. 30% off.
Image source: Matches Fashion