PSA — 30% off Baggu on Macy’s and up to $15 in gift cards from Target on Laneige purchases!
Macy’s has a VIP sale going on. Get 30% off lots of stuff including current season Baggu and 15% off beauty (they carry Peach & Lily and Shangpree masks).
Korean brand Laneige is clearing out of Target and moving to Sephora. I think most Laneige purchases get a $10 gift card, which stacks with the $5 gift card for $20+ beauty purchase for a total of $15 Target gift cards. Some stuff is sold out, but if you like this yogurt mask (use as overnight mask), you’re in luck. Especially since Target gift cards are like cash unless you have self-restraint of steel.
Have you seen the recent Nate Berkus for Target collection? I love the tufted items. Even though the collection has been out for a while, it was backordered. Patience paid off, the blush tufted armchair is now sitting in my living room and I love it. It is a cooler, blue-er pink so not an Acne or Glossier pink. It goes well with black/cream/navy.The chair is pretty big so the box it comes in is huge and 50+ lbs. It’s great quality especially for the price. The seat sits slightly higher than my Ikea Karlstad leather couch, but not obnoxiously so. I can see the seat cushion needing rehab after a number of years. Two thumbs up!
P.S. Keep an eye on the price. If it drops, Target will honor price adjustments within 14 days and you can request it via online chat.
Source: Instagram – not mine
Two thumbs up to this faux suede moto jacket from Target’s ongoing Who What Wear collaboration. I held off on posting this for a few weeks because it was sold out online. It appears to be back in stock for most sizes. It looks like suede, is supersoft, and doesn’t come with the maintenance costs of real suede. Sizing is TTS (I take my J.Crew size). I layer it over this Uniqlo sweater in olive. It also comes in plus sizes. This jacket is pricey for Target. I got it on sale but would buy it at full price in a heartbeat. If you like shoes, make sure to check out the latest additions to this collab — most of it is too trendy for my taste.
This bright Merona red/blue plaid blanket scarf also gets a honorable mention. While a 100% acrylic scarf is far from luxurious, the price is great, it’s warm, and it has a red/blue plaid print that matches most of my outfits.
There are two stackable promotions right now: use code COLD through Thursday for 25% off (good for cold weather wear) and code STYLE through Saturday for $10-25 off if you purchase $50+ (applies to all clothing).
Image: Target, Who What Wear for Target Moto Jacket
The Target beauty department is a whopping 25% off today online and in-store. This includes makeup, skincare, haircare, fragrances, bath and body, deodorant, hand soap, oral care, women’s shave, men’s grooming, and spa & massage. Many items are already discounted (Amazon isn’t always cheapest). Like last year, I’m stocking up on Cerave foaming face wash and the Pixi Glow Tonic. They also have high-end skincare like French Embryolisse and Korean Laneige. Shipping is free!
25% off code: BEAUTY
(1) Marimekko for Target is launching on Sunday, April 17, which means midnight tonight-ish. Aside from studying their lookbook, check eBay auctions (there was a press preview last weekend) and also understand Marimekko retail prices (no need to overpay for a Target collab piece!). I anticipate a crazy launch.
(1) I love bringing Suja Mighty Greens juice to work in a S’well bottle, since it stays chilled. The extra large bottle from Costco is reasonably cheap and it lasts us for a few days. We grab a few bottles every time we go to Costco. You can find the S’well bottles here and here. I have a 9 oz for juice and a 17 oz gold one for water, which always gets comments.
The Target beauty department is a whopping 25% off today. Many items are already discounted and have another 10% off code. I’m super excited and stocked up on more Cerave foaming face wash and the highly recommended Pixi Glow Tonic. The tonic was in-store only so I placed an order for pickup. In general, online prices are more competitive and placing an order for in-store pickup is the best of both worlds. One item was only available online and already has a delayed shipping warning!
25% off code: BEAUTY. 10% off code: SHINE.
I didn’t get anything from Target x Adam Lippes or from the other brands, but I did add this plaid stag head to my cart and checked back on it periodically. It has since sold out online, but in stock at most stores.
If you’re in the San Francisco Bay Area, New Jersey/New York, or LA/Glendale areas, you can get $10 off your first $20+ order through the Curbside app with code MGPEN. They don’t have everything Target.com has for pickup, but they have most items. Target is a black hole for me, so every bit helps!
I’ve been taking R&R in Taipei and didn’t bring a laptop with me. After a week of detoxing from a computer, I itched to write real emails and keyboard shortcut my way through my inbox.
- I’ve been indulging in super affordable tui na and acupuncture and will be sad to give them up once I return home.
- I’ve come to the conclusion that most food in Taipei is good – no matter where you go. I’m not as diligent in exploring Taipei food options because there are family obligations and because I’m content.
- Yelp just launched in Taiwan. It’s too new to be of substantial value though. Foursquare was in use.
- I’ve been thinking of purging (and I’ve been talking about it for years but time has always been a deterrent) and browsed through Marie Kondo’s much talked about book. As I’ve gotten older, I’ve gotten wiser about purchases so there is a lot less to buy in Hong Kong and Taipei. So far.
- If you have any recommendations for items to buy from Taipei (or Narita airport), let me know! I always end up in Muji and Watson’s for hours. Even though I can read traditional Chinese, it is more tiring. Thus, it’s harder to find reviews on products.
- Get $10 off your first $50+ order at Peach and Lily!
- I always stop at the original Sogo department store in Taipei and did a walkthrough of the first floor, which I usually do not do. They have a HUGE selection of Repetto ballet flats — I think it rivaled the flagship in Paris and definitely beat any US retail outlet. Retail pricing is hefty but there were a bunch of styles that were 40% off.
- I tried on the new pointed ‘Brigitte’ style (currently 25% off through link). It runs TTS and I never realized before the bow could be tightened. If feels different than the Cendrillon ballet flat due to the lack of curve. It’s currently online at:
- I also saw a black rubber version of the popular Cendrillon style — perfect for drizzly weather — but I can’t seem to find it online.
- A Repetto store is rumored to be opening in Soho, NYC this year…
- Petit Bateau private sale up to 70% off. 3 days left. Sizes are limited.
- Two thumbs up to the Better Business Bureau! I’d purchased something from a popular home decor e-tailer. I got tired after waiting an year for a backorder and they didn’t respond to my emails. It was too far back for me to contest with my credit card. I filed a case on BBB, who then forwarded it to the local BBB. The e-tailer took immediate action. The e-tailer has similar bad reviews on BBB, so buyer beware.
I am not categorizing for the sake of time. I will say that I really wish more RSS feeds didn’t force me to click to their site to read because now I have an exorbitant amount of saved items. I spent a good deal of time bookmarking instead of reading on my flight here. Or is there a way to easily bookmark into folders, on the iPhone, while offline?
- I detest inefficient browsing. Enter Netflix God Mode. I usually add to my queue on the desktop. (PSFK)
- How long it takes to binge watch a show. (via Apartment Therapy)
- I’ve also been on a TV detox, but can’t wait to dig into:
- Mad Men, last season (AMC)
- Orphan Black, starting April 18 (BBC US)
- Grimm, returns (NBC)
- Call the Midwife, Mr. Selfridge, Wolf Hall (PBS)
Image source: Brooks Brothers
- 70% off at Brooks Brothers’ Veteran’s Day Sale. The shoes are made in Italy and look divine (but you will need to get a rubber sole at the cobbler). ShopRunner friendly.
- 25% off this Target Threshold Tufted Bench in Beige and Gold. (Not sure when the sale ends, but it might be tomorrow.)
- 20% off some Orla Kiely x Target bags.
- 20% off Beauty.com. Ends Sunday. (I haven’t been a Sephora VIB member since 2012 — any VIB willing to send me a code?) ShopRunner friendly.
- 30% off most of the Repetto on Saks Fifth Avenue. Decent sale for classic/neutral colors. I bet prices will go down for Black Friday, but so will their inventory.
- 40-50% off Banana Republic if you’re on their mailing list through November 9. Otherwise, the public 30% off code is on their website.
- 40% off at Gap through November 10 with code FFCARD. I really like some of the stuff here (their designer is ex-COS), but haven’t had time to thoroughly peruse. Your purchase will also earn Gap cash!
- That 25-30% off Horchow/NM sale is still going on.
- 30% off Land’s End’s through November 11. I love their home section, especially their bathroom items – classic, quality, and simple.
- Up to 25% off at Asos. Click through for the code.
- 20% off and free shipping at Kohls if you use their credit card with code FALL20 through November 11. Non-cardmembers, use code THANKS746 for 15% off and free shipping. They usually have good deals on whatever they carry. I got my Nutribullet here last year (stacked with some Amex offers and Kohls coupons) and it ended up being much cheaper than Amazon. Their house brands for women’s are also pretty good, e.g. ELLE, Lauren Conrad, Apt.9. Juicy Couture and Elie Tahari are newer.
- Up to 40% off Talbots sale if you buy 2 or more sale items through November 11, 30% for one item. I’m currently stalking a leopard jacket.
- 20% off one item at monogram-friendly Mark & Graham is turning 2. Use code BIRTHDAY through November 10. I’ve always been intrigued by their bags. Some items are already discounted. They are owned by Williams-Sonoma, so gift cards from WS, Pottery Barn, and West Elm should work here. (P.S. If you want a monogrammed tote, also check out Cuyana. I visited their showroom last weekend and really liked their quality and prices.)