I have much love for Target, especially their designer collaborations over the years. They are celebrating 20 years of designer collaborations and bringing back items from 20 partners (from more than 150!) on September 14. Twenty years is a long time. I had a lot less disposable income 20 years ago, but regardless, I still love these affordable collaborations.
Perusing the list of 150+, there are a few pre-2012 collaborations I never knew about or forgot about! And let me remind you that last time Target did a lookback on the collaborations’ dresses in 2011, Chrissy Teigen was the model.
- Tord Boontje (2006), collaboration, and if you’ve followed me a long time, you will recall this curtain.
- Richard Chai (2008), collaboration. I had quite a number of items from this collection. My favorite (and I don’t know what happened to it) was the dress in the blue/white print. There are quite a number of the dresses on Poshmark, but I feel too old for it now.
- Thakoon (2008). The pieces I liked are all featured in the upcoming release. I didn’t pick up any items from the 2011 re-release, but will definitely do it this time. I wore the black dress enough that it was wearing out and holes formed. eBay didn’t have any good replacements. This release will also sell the skirt and tee separately in the same prints.
- John Derian (2008, 2010). I was certainly not into John Derian back then. Tempted by this upcoming release, but I’m not big on melamine.
- Orla Kiely (2009). Collaboration. Too bad this one isn’t coming back but it’s so close to the normal collection. My mom picked up so many pieces of this for me and I kind of regret returning too much of it. It was one of the few home collections that was not heavy on melamine.
- Liberty of London (2010). This was a good one and there are still so many items on eBay, Poshmark, etc. This was when I could still dabble in the XXL girls’ department.
- Tucker (2010). Collaboration.
Sadly it is hard to find lookbooks for the older fashion collections as many blogs are now defunct or publications RIP’ed.
You can click through the lookbooks for the 20 designers on Target now. Given the popularity of these releases, there is even a “How to Shop” page.
All images from Target
This was an unexpected find at Target.com from the Who What Wear line. I love the large dots on a masculine camo green. Fit: It runs very oversized! Functions as a light jacket.
Women’s Polka Dot Utility Jacket – Who What Wear™ Olive/Black
PSA — 30% off Baggu on Macy’s and up to $15 in gift cards from Target on Laneige purchases!
Macy’s has a VIP sale going on. Get 30% off lots of stuff including current season Baggu and 15% off beauty (they carry Peach & Lily and Shangpree masks).
Korean brand Laneige is clearing out of Target and moving to Sephora. I think most Laneige purchases get a $10 gift card, which stacks with the $5 gift card for $20+ beauty purchase for a total of $15 Target gift cards. Some stuff is sold out, but if you like this yogurt mask (use as overnight mask), you’re in luck. Especially since Target gift cards are like cash unless you have self-restraint of steel.
Have you seen the recent Nate Berkus for Target collection? I love the tufted items. Even though the collection has been out for a while, it was backordered. Patience paid off, the blush tufted armchair is now sitting in my living room and I love it. It is a cooler, blue-er pink so not an Acne or Glossier pink. It goes well with black/cream/navy.The chair is pretty big so the box it comes in is huge and 50+ lbs. It’s great quality especially for the price. The seat sits slightly higher than my Ikea Karlstad leather couch, but not obnoxiously so. I can see the seat cushion needing rehab after a number of years. Two thumbs up!
P.S. Keep an eye on the price. If it drops, Target will honor price adjustments within 14 days and you can request it via online chat.
Source: Instagram – not mine
Two thumbs up to this faux suede moto jacket from Target’s ongoing Who What Wear collaboration. I held off on posting this for a few weeks because it was sold out online. It appears to be back in stock for most sizes. It looks like suede, is supersoft, and doesn’t come with the maintenance costs of real suede. Sizing is TTS (I take my J.Crew size). I layer it over this Uniqlo sweater in olive. It also comes in plus sizes. This jacket is pricey for Target. I got it on sale but would buy it at full price in a heartbeat. If you like shoes, make sure to check out the latest additions to this collab — most of it is too trendy for my taste.
This bright Merona red/blue plaid blanket scarf also gets a honorable mention. While a 100% acrylic scarf is far from luxurious, the price is great, it’s warm, and it has a red/blue plaid print that matches most of my outfits.
There are two stackable promotions right now: use code COLD through Thursday for 25% off (good for cold weather wear) and code STYLE through Saturday for $10-25 off if you purchase $50+ (applies to all clothing).
Image: Target, Who What Wear for Target Moto Jacket
Continue reading “to shop / 2016 fall moto jackets from target x who what wear & old navy”