Last updated Mon, Nov 28 at 5:11pm ET
Sales worth noting — retail must be hurting as the deals are overall better than usual. Similar to last year, many retailers have a weeklong promotion. Smaller retailers tend to stick to the traditional Black Friday and Cyber Monday, and often have different promotions for each occasion. I will be updating if I see anything good throughout the long weekend, so check back later! Newer deals will be listed on top. Happy shopping and enjoy your Thanksgiving weekend… and let me know if you get anything :)
Nordstrom / Pricematching J.Crew 40% and Madewell 25% off for most items
Amazon Luxury Beauty / Spend $50+, get $25 for future Luxury or Professional Beauty purchase code BEAUTYGIFT25 (exp unknown). Must be sold/shipped by Amazon.com.
Tatcha‘s 20% off Friends and Family sale is ending
tonight (was extended but now dead). The sale is the same discount as the Sephora VIB sale, but I was waiting for Tatcha’s own sale because (1) I have gift cards and Amex offers (current offer is spend $50+ get $10 credit) to stack, (2) Tatcha naturally carries more on their own site than on Sephora, and (3) Tatcha samples (you can pick up to 3)! Shipping is also free on all orders. What Tatcha will be doing for Cyber Week/Black Friday/Cyber Monday is unknown — last year it coincided with their F&F.
The general consensus is that Tatcha is pricey and has great packaging. Despite all the marketing, it’s not a Japanese skincare line. In fact, it’s not even sold in Japan — Japanese-inspired and developed is more accurate. As I get older, I really gravitate towards the luxury beauty splurge. Not every product is a hero — the ones I got were based on reviews I read and weren’t a blind purchase. I also appreciate that almost all of the products come in (somewhat) wallet friendly, deluxe travel sizes, which makes it feel like less of a splurge and potential sunk investment.
I have been using my gold matte Almoco flatware for over 3 years. As previously mentioned in my West Elm flatware review, the Almoco set was priced only slightly more than West Elm. I don’t pamper them, they have no rust/tarnishing issues, and I can throw them in the dishwasher (handles down and spread out). Design within Reach, I think, is the exclusive distributor/seller of the Almoco flatware, and they are currently having a semiannual sale (ending today!). Though the sale only 15% off, every bit counts when it comes to a place like Design within Reach! There is also an Amex offer out there which you can stack with the discount (for Amex cardholders only).
The Almoco flatware is also available in black matte (love), copper, silver matte, along with gold matte. Personally, I prefer the mattes. There are also cost savings built in to the 20 piece setting.
Since I only purchased two settings via eBay back in the day, I plan to round it out with the sale, and also pick up some black. I will report back on the black.
Gold matte, stock photo
There are always a few things you can expect every year from this Nordstrom sale — tons of beauty exclusives, activewear that is attractive and in normal colors, Nike, and an exclusive Longchamp le Pliage expandable bag. This sale is a blogger favorite. I’m a bit boring and am not into the trendy Fall items. Nor do I need more skincare for my face or makeup. Items do sell out during the early access/preview for Nordstrom cardholders, which is now through Thursday. I’ve had a Nordstrom card for over 10 years and have nothing bad to say about it. If you need alterations, you also get up to $100 in alterations.
My shopping list is short:
(1) Zella high waisted Live In leggings. I got a pair last year and love them. There is also a cropped version. The normal Live In ones are slim cut and don’t fit my derriere well.
A lot of end-of-season sales coinciding with the long weekend. After some handbag purchases, I went with a more practical purchase of a memory card to expand my Macbook Pro storage…
Uniqlo – Free shipping, no minimum. Still a lot of Liberty of London left. I really like this lightweight long cardigan.
Eaton Trading Company – 40% off most items. APC, Clare V, Karen Walker, Repetto, etc. Code HELLOSUMMER through 5/30.
Anthropologie – Additional 30% off sale
COS – 20% off $250+. Love their dresses, especially for warm weather.
Talbots – Additional 40% off one sale item, 50% off if more than one item. I like their shoes, accessories (for the price). I tend to strike out for pants and blazers, and do better for less coats and dresses.
J.Crew – 30% off most items. I think it’s safe to say that they’re making a comeback?
Gap/Banana Republic/Old Navy – I like these brands more in warmer weather than in cold for basic warm weather wear. BR also has some cute scalloped items – if only the search function worked. Old Navy – if you’re into the boho/white look, you’re in luck. Once in a while I find something that I love and for something white and light, ON sale pricing is great.
Ann Taylor – 50% off full priced items, 40% off sale. I’ve really been loving when their stuff! And it says something when stuff tends to sell out quickly at times with their frequent promotions. The stretch leggings (slash pants) are on clearance and I like them enough to have an assortment of lengths. The tall stretch leggings are the only one left in stock and have an inseam of 29.5″.
Steven Alan – 30% off most items, including Clare V and sale. Mansur Gavriel is excluded.
Nordstrom – half yearly sale is going on, however, I favor their anniversary sale.
Unison Home – Up to 70% off. Lots of throw pillows in various sizes on sale.
Rugs USA – Need a rug? Get 70% + 20% off sale with code MEM20 through June 6. If you’re the indecisive/hesistant to buy sight unseen, make sure you retain the plastic wrapping. A UPS pickup makes for a relatively easy return. If you’re near Long Island (where their warehouse is), returns are even cheaper.
Beautibi – 25% off with code MEMORIALTWENTY16 through 5/30. Taiwanese sheet masks, etc.
Ann Taylor‘s spring collection is so refreshing. I absolutely love the pineapples and that the skirt has a curvy style. And it doesn’t hurt that everything is 50% off through tomorrow night (code: CYBER50).
Curvy pineapple lace pencil skirt
Baggu’s semi-annual sample sale is this weekend at their Williamsburg, Brooklyn store! They will have past season styles and samples.
11AM-6PM | Saturday & Sunday
242 Wythe Ave, No. 4, Brooklyn, NY 11249
I’ve been to most Baggu sample sales since 2010. The sale is a wildcard — there isn’t a consistent mix of leather, nylon, or duck canvas. Over the years, the sales have also gotten more crowded, however, I haven’t stood in line (nor arrived before opening) for a while. Good stuff does sell out fast. I usually don’t see them restocking, but did for the first time during the last sale. Prices drop as the weekend winds down. The best prices are for samples or seconds (where any sign of a defect isn’t noticeable). The AT&T signal is pretty weak (in case you wanted to text photos to someone). See snapshots from the Spring 2014 sample sale on my Instagram under #irenelovesbaggu.
And here are some shots from the Fall 2015 sale below. While most products are very straightforward (e.g. a baby Baggu is a baby Baggu), the ‘duck bag with laptop sleeves’ box only had duck bags without laptop sleeves. Those 3D zip bags on the wall were also freshly stocked while I was there, and weren’t priced very excitingly.
Click to enlarge
What I got for myself and friends… The most exciting ‘deal’ was the $3 leopard regular Baggus.
It’s Martin Luther King, Jr. Day on Monday, which means a long weekend (for me) and more sales on top of end-of-the-season sales.
- Amazon Prime (look for banner on top of page) is discounted from $99 to $73 for new subscribers through Sunday night in celebration of their awards at the recent 73rd Golden Globes Awards. I use Amazon Prime quite often for expedited shipping, Amazon Prime Music (download music offline and organize into playlists), Amazon Prime Video (download offline for the plane or I watch it like Netflix), Kindle lending library, etc. I also share free shipping with my mom and she loves the free shipping. Some existing subscribers have had success getting the discount through online chat with CS.
- Uniqlo has been having sales for a while (when do they not have a sale?). They are clearancing out their Carine collection and the Ines de la Fressange collection is mostly gone. Inventory fluctuates constantly. IDLF is mostly sold out but Carine still has a ton of stuff left – their blazers and coats (which I like the most out of the collection since I’m not a ruler) are a STEAL at ~$40 (75%+ off) each. And you can always return it if it doesn’t work out. The collection runs TTS to small.
- Anthropologie additional 40% off sale with code XTRA40.
- Clare V up to 30% off seasonal styles.
- Repetto (refer to my recent post)
Big Sur Coast
Due to user request, here is a round-up of current end-of-the-year sales! I’m keeping this post to 30 minutes and under ;)
- I can’t remember the last time Uniqlo did not have a sale and a site-wide code posted on top of their mainpage. I really like their new arrivals. Like this parka, their mariniere striped top, striped dress, I also like this fleece blanket that can be converted to a cape (that sold out while I was posting…). Carine is on clearance.
- Everlane has a choose your own price sale. The lowest price covers their cost. I’ve never purchased from Everlane, but read good things about it.
- Somme Institute has 40% off site-wide with code LASTCALL.
- Not a sale but if you’re looking for an oversized 2016 Stendig calendar, they are pretty much sold out in the US. But you can find it here or here.
- Anthropologie has 25% off sale with code TAGTIME.
- I really like this robe (that is selling out quickly) and funnel neck activewear jacket from Old Navy.
- 40% off sale at Madewell and J.Crew.
- Up to 50% off at COS for women’s and men’s. I already ordered from here =P
- Japanese Fog Linen is having a sale.
- Gorgeous handbags and accessories on sale at Roztayger.
- Lots of goodies on sale at Korean beauty Memebox. Get 20% off with my referral link. (I’ll have to do a more thorough review later on my recent purchases…)
- IKEA also has some great storage sales going on. If you don’t have IKEA Family membership, sign up for it… we need to swing by to get a price adjustment this weekend! 90 days price adjustment for FAMILY members.