- beautytap 25% off Sulwhasoo and COSRX. Get additional 15% off with code beautytap2018 (unsure of expiration). Formerly known as w2beauty. They also have 3-5 day shipping in the US now, which is great considering these prices! Without a sale/discount code, the prices are considered on the higher end of Korean sites. (Note their search function is not very good. Better to use Google.)
Sulwhasoo: I have some Sulwhasoo products (the two overnight vitalizing and radiance energy masks and the clarifying mask) but recently got more products. I’m a big fan of the First Care Activating Serum EX in the limited edition plum blossom (review) and the Sulwhasoo Concentrated Ginseng Renewing Emulsion (light moisturizer with a ginseng hanbang smell). These two products achieve that elusive glow.
I tried samples of the Snowise serum (love but the price!), cleansing oil and cleansing foam (meh primarily due to smell and I have tons of cleansers), Bloomstay line (verdict is out, the entire line smells amazing, but the serum is too sticky, the water and cream seem ok). I love gifts with purchase and I had maximized the samples or free minis through my purchases from Korea (or got a really good price). I think samples are the best way to test before diving into a pricey purchase.
I also refer to this very comprehensive overview of the Sulwhasoo products from a Redditor and for Korea airport duty free prices as a baseline.
COSRX: A budget friendly, no frills brand. Sadly many of these products are out of stock and beautytap doesn’t filter them out. (Dermstore has 20% off all COSRX and ends up being a teensy bit more expensive, Ulta has some products. Otherwise I occasionally place a large order at SweetCorea, where the collection is complete but you will need to pay overseas shipping.) I currently don’t use any of their products every single day. I recommend the overnight masks (rice and honey) and use them in the cold winter days as a moisturizer. I also like the Advanced Snail 96 Mucin Power Essence for repairing skin or extra moisture. Their pimple stickers, A-sol, and centella cream are for pimple maintenance, which is rare but still necessary. The mister on the other hand uses the One Step Moisture Up Pad in his daily routine and it’s gotten rid of all his flaky skin.
- J.Crew 40% off almost site-wide sale. It works on beauty (which is full of cleaner beauty), unfortunately the only Megababe product left is the bust dust (their thigh rescue product is great if you avoid skirts in warmer weather!). As for the clothes, I’m waiting for their comeback. Although the sweater blazer always look tempting.
The COS summer sale has started. The selection is alright. Expect popbacks. I like some of their regular priced items (like the High Waist A-Line Dress) and worry if they will stay in stock long enough to hit the sale prices.
FYI: They recently redid their website and it’s disappointing how there is no longer a wishlist to track sold out items. I also saw items sold out on mobile but in stock on the desktop.
TEXTURED KNIT CARDIGAN
A-LINE TOP WITH SOFT NECK (runs big)
A-LINE DRESS WITH GROWN-ON NECK (runs big)
(1) I love bringing Suja Mighty Greens juice to work in a S’well bottle, since it stays chilled. The extra large bottle from Costco is reasonably cheap and it lasts us for a few days. We grab a few bottles every time we go to Costco. You can find the S’well bottles here and here. I have a 9 oz for juice and a 17 oz gold one for water, which always gets comments.
Continue reading “weekends / saturday six (2016.04.09)”
COS has a sale at the end of every season. It’s currently an extra 20% off (price as marked), which means it’s on its last leg and can disappear at any time. I rarely shop COS at full-price, especially since COS opened in the US, but they have a lot of LBDs that are well priced compared to Ann Taylor or J.Crew. Generally, I prefer to COS fit over an awkward J.Crew fit (you know what I’m talking about). I also love how there are no final sales, because I do return a lot. Sizing for lettered sizes tend to be more generous than numbers. And read the descriptions – they will indicate if it is an oversized fit.
Image source: COS
(L to R) Sale colors may be sold out (they recycle designs and will change the color each season) and was overall at least 60% off.
- Textured Knit Cardigan in Indigo. Love the bubble-like texture which has a little bit more volume with no added weight. It could work as a light spring jacket. Great for layering at the office.
- Wool Dress with Silk Sleeves in Taupe. The body of the dress is boiled wool and the sleeves are silk. Good weight, especially on top of tights.
- Layered Wool Cape in Navy. Runs big. I think I’ve finally found a cape that works? It’s unobtrusive and not too heavy.
- Dropped Shoulder Top (not pictured). Runs big and if your office isn’t too formal, it layers well on top of skirts/pants.
COS and & Other Stories are in their former sister’s H&M space at 42nd St and Fifth Avenue and opened in late October 2015. I was crossing Midtown one evening and conveniently ended up at 43rd and Fifth. How could I resist the new COS? COS occupies most of the ground floor and is laid out like any other COS store. It has women’s and men’s. My guess is that this location is larger than the Soho location (not that I have any inclination to visit).
I quickly skimming the store. I saw iterations of a prior season item, like this a-line wool coat in two new colors (I have it in black, it runs big) and the dotted wool dress (substantial weight). Also saw a men’s mac jacket that was half price online two weeks ago now being sold at full price. No sale in progress here or online. The dressing room corridor looked spacious.