My current favorites. Factors include weight, quality of craftmanship, and value.
- Clare Vivier simple tote in basketweave (similar): Perhaps my second most favorite Clare V bag but I can only speak for this particular leather. It survived a loose water bottle cap, can accommodate a lot, and is a pretty good travel tote. Basketweave appears to be much more durable than many other leathers as it is thicker.
- Lotuff small leather tote Lotuff is made in the USA. I’m come across a few styles but they were too large (many styles are unisex) but very well-made. On the thicker, thus heavier, side. There was some drama with the founders a few years ago per a men’s fashion forum.
- Everlane Petra Market This bag is made in Italy and fairly big!
- MZ Wallace metro tote
- Mansur Gavriel tote in moss MG is restocking in October and has the best selection of styles/sizes/colors, to no surprise.
- Porter canvas tote
- Clare Vivier La Tropezienne (similar in blue, eBay): My first Clare V bag was the original le Trop that was brown and had shorter handles with unanchored flaps. This style is still my favorite CV bag… I am really unimpressed with the newer styles and quality (given the price). Full review here.
- Meli Melo Sian
- Bao Bao Issey Miyake Prism This is on my list for the next Tokyo layover.
- Alice.D Milano medium I had a medium tote. The quality was amazing for the price, but I decided that as a vertical tote, it was too big for me. They now have micros which I have yet to see in person.
- Linjer square tote Linjer currently has a Kickstarter. this bag is my favorite out of all of their styles.
- Cuyana smooth leather shopper Similar to Alice.D, amazing quality and value. This tote is totally unstructured though, and was too big for me.